kdsmith27

2005 Campbellsville University Maroon/Grey Wrestling Clinic

This should be a great chance to get prospective High School wrestlers on our campus for a day to check it out. They will also be able to learn some wrestling at the two technique sessions and get to see some good college wrestling in our ranking matches that afternoon. With our second recruiting class being just as strong as the first one you will see several of our new guys challenge our returning starters for a varsity spot. Should see some exciting wrestling that will include in state talent Jairus Murton, James Linker, Zach Davis, Robert Smith, Andre Braima, Derek Sawyer, Damon Chilco, Paul Davis and AJ Sherrard.

In Wrestling,

Franky James

270-789-5148

Tiger Wrestling

Campbellsville University

2005-06

2005 Campbellsville University Maroon/Grey Wrestling Clinic

DATE: Saturday, October 29, 2005

PLACE: Campbellsville, Kentucky (Powell Gymnasium)

CHECK-IN: 10:00 AM

SCHEDULE: 11:00 am Clinic starts

12:30 Lunch

3:00 pm 2nd session of clinic

5:00 Varsity ranking matches

SCRIMMAGE/

RANKING MATCHES: The Maroon/Grey Duel will begin at 5:00 pm. This event will feature the wrestle offs for Varsity positions on the Tiger wrestling team.

FOR: All wrestlers grades 1-12

COST: $30 each which includes T-Shirt, lunch, technique sessions and admission to the duel. Please make checks payable to: Tiger Wrestling, C/O Franky James, 1 University Drive, UPO 1316, Campbellsville, KY 42718

CLINICIANS: CU Coaching staff and wrestlers will be on hand to provide instruction.

ENTRIES: All entries must be received by Wednesday,

October 26,2005.

Name_____________________________Address____________________________

City________________State______Zip Code_______________________________

School_________________________Grade_________________________________

I approve my child’s attendance at the Campbellsville University Wrestling Clinic

and will Hereby waive and release the clinic, staff and Campbellsville University

of all liability for any illness or injuries which may occur.

Parent or Guardian Signature___________________________Date_____________

This camp is coming up 10/29, it should be a good time and a good bargain as well!

$30 to attend 2 technique sessions, a tshirt and lunch and then free attendance to watch the wrestle offs for the varsity spots.

Very reasonable!

Coach James is hoping for a good turnout. He has been very supportive of wrestling within the state. This is a good chance for middle and high school wrestlers to get a glimpse of wrestling at a higher level. Sounds like a good number of KY kids wrestling for spots in the lineup.

I want to thank Coach James for a great camp yesterday. The format worked out well, the clinics were good and the wrestle offs were very entertaining. The turnout was a good mix of high school and middle school kids who really had a good time learning from the college wrestlers.

Good luck to the Tiger Wrestlers and thanks for spending so much time with the kids!

They were fun to watch, I thought Robt. Smith wrestled well!

He looked like he has been hitting the weights hard, stronger than ever!

Jarius Murton did well had a tough match that he pulled out at the end!

Thanks again for a fun day!

Good luck this season!

Where there any matches that you enjoyed watching at the clinic in the ranking matches' date='we had a few kentucky wrestlers wrestling!![/quote']

Congrats on winning your spot Magic Bone as well as the others! Did nobody advised Kaci about locking up with you?

Looks like we may get to come down and see a Jarius Murton and Brad Cooper matchup later this year.

You guys will need to work really really hard to get to Cumberlands level this year with all the good kids they have coming back. I think they may have three #1 ranked wrestlers: Delrico, Todd and Eric.

Before the ?'s start flying, I might as well get the other college guys on here.

Besides those mentioned:

CUMBERLAND- Team ranking #3

Juncal #2 @ 184

Wilkes #5 @ 184

(one of these is probably Cumberland Tenn.)

Cooper #5 @141

CAMPBELLSVILLE- Team Ranking #18

Seta #5 @149

No didnt get a spot,because I am on athletic probation here(REDSHIRT)because of ACT scores,and the homecoming pratice I was nervous and lost my match against the 2timer from virgina who I now dominate in the room,and then that night ole Kaci thought a kentucky boy couldnt beat him,thats what they all say,every since Ive been down here but its kinda funny,Yeah there will be more work that needs to be done,but we work very hard,the weight classes will be alittle weird,no tellin where Jairus Murton will be at,heck he's still around 149! But he will get down there soon,and I'm still at 141 so who knows????

My bad! I thought the matches on Saturday were for starting spots. I still enjoyed them and we'll be down to see you guys as often as possible plus I think you all are coming to LaRue for a dual on Dec. 10. Best of Luck.

I think that that list ofg "In State Talent" needs to be changed because Robert Smith couldnt handle the preasure of wrestling in college and walked of the team like the baby we all knew he was