Best Top Wrestlers in 2005-06

my Top 5 top wrestlers this season are;

1.Jacob Murton (LC) 135

2.Harrison Courtney (WC) 145

3.Derek Scott (S.OLD.) 125

4.Pat Banks (LaRue) 145

5.Shane Parks (WC) 103

Guest former_fc_wrestler

Wolsiefer and his head lever...can stick almost anyboby with it.

I think some call this the arm bar.

Where they grab the wrist, put their head in bend of elbow. When the arm raises they sink in a half.

Unless it's something different.

Guest former_fc_wrestler
I think some call this the arm bar.

Where they grab the wrist' date=' put their head in bend of elbow. When the arm raises they sink in a half.

Unless it's something different.[/quote']

You're right, that's what it is. That's what we called it in my day... :)

1. Richard Starks WC

2. Jacob Murton LC

3. Taylor Scherer SO

4. Harrison Courtney WC

5. Shane Parks WC

6. City Lewis WC

7. Matt Byrd WC

8. Will Starks WC

9. Chad Fyffe WC

10. Kyle Goodrich WC

Chief i doubt everyone puts Clark on that list! He is not in the same league as scherer, murton, starks, scott, or sullivan.

1. Scherer

2. Murton

3. Starks

4. Sullivan

5. Scott

1. by a W i d e Margin---> Murton

Not a single kid in this state at 135, 130, 140 can touch him. Sorry, but if you debate that, you haven't seen him. :lol::lol::lol:

2. Starks (West Point wrestling!)

3. Scherer (2 timer, soon to be 3 timer, and crushed TN two yrs now)

4. Banks (did you see state duals>?)

5. Sulivann (unstoppable at his weight)

i agree with murton #1 and starks #2 but as for the other 3... courtney beat banks once this yr already,byrd has almost beaten shearer everytime n the past 2 yrs(and might just toss him in the state finals) and for sullivan being unstopable?? if im not mistaken he beat jon voth 8-4 and i do recall shane parks beating jon voth one week earlier 10-6 at WCI. just my opinion...looks like state will b very interesting this yr in many weight classes!!!

I think jrp8825 was talking about being the best wrestler in the top postition.

1. Murton

2. Courtney

3. Scott

4. S. Parks

5. Don't know

As far as the top five wrestlers all around I would say.

1. Murton

2. Starks

3. Scherer

4. Scott

5. Courtney

The level of the wrestlers drop off after Murton. It takes another considerable drop after Scott. I would have Courtney higher but he is still immature. He still loses his head in matches and doesn't have as much experience as others do.

i agree with murton #1 and starks #2 but as for the other 3... courtney beat banks once this yr already' date='byrd has almost beaten shearer everytime n the past 2 yrs(and might just toss him in the state finals) and for sullivan being unstopable?? if im not mistaken he beat jon voth 8-4 and i do recall shane parks beating jon voth one week earlier 10-6 at WCI. just my opinion...looks like state will b very interesting this yr in many weight classes!!![/quote']

WOW if we went by who beat who by this much then the rankings and all classes would be messed up. Sullivan is the best 103 out there just bc shane beat voth by more than sullivan doesnt by any means make shane a better wrestler

I would say Shane is a better wrestler either way. Sullivan may win the match between them because of his strength, but technically Shane is the superior.

He probably slapped a cradle on to pin him. Also I see a huge difference between Shane Parks this year and last year, there is no comparison. He is the most improved wrestler on the Woodford team this year. I agree that the better wrestler is the one that wins the match. I was saying that Shane is technically superior.

You guys haven't seen Sullivan wrestle very much. I've seen him wrestle probly a hundred matches. He is one of the top 5 technical wrestlers in the state. He only throws because it is that easy for him to beat 103's. We are talking about a Junoir Olympic Champion, and probly one of the top 10 103's in the nation, and I have seen most of them. Parks may even beat Sullivan, but it is because he is as strong as Sullivan, not more technical. Good luck to both! Would make a great finals match.

I think jrp8825 was talking about being the best wrestler in the top postition.

1. Murton

2. Courtney

3. Scott

4. S. Parks

5. Don't know

As far as the top five wrestlers all around I would say.

1. Murton

2. Starks

3. Scherer

4. Scott

5. Courtney

The level of the wrestlers drop off after Murton. It takes another considerable drop after Scott. I would have Courtney higher but he is still immature. He still loses his head in matches and doesn't have as much experience as others do.

i wouldnt say there is a huge drop off after murton...against out of state competition' date=' id like to see how murton would do against the indiana 135 state champ? i have no clue but it would probably be a match within 2 points or so kind of like scherer had with the 215 state champ from indiana...murton is still probably better based on his credentials (6th at beast of the east) but i dont know any results he has this year against out of state competition besides the beast of the east? i would have liked to see teams like south and woodford compete there to find out if any of their wrestlers would place at that high of a wrestling caliber

[b']Best Technique

1. Jacob Murton

2. Taylor Scherer

3. Richard Starks

4. Derek Scott

5. Harrison Courtney

others with honorable mention are Brian Peace, Ben Warner, Tyler Voth and Cody Walls, and ???? round out my Top 10...but that list differs in terms of best wrestler

Best Wrestler

1. Jacob Murton (technique + strength)

2. Richard Starks (technique + strength)

3. Taylor Scherer (technique + strength)

4. Derek Scott (technique + strength)

5. Travis Sullivan (strength + knows the moves he does well)

OK, as far as the best wrestlers in the state go, Murton is #1. No question. He is head and shoulders better than the next closest wrestler. Starks and Sherer are both very good, but take them to Ohio or any national tourney and they might not fair well. If I am not mistaken, Sherer competed at Jr. Nationals and went 2 and out. Murton was 2 points away from a finals appearance at the Beast of the East. He led going into the 3rd period against arguably the best 135 in the country (Zach Kemmerer, PA), who happened to win the Ironman and the Beast. Ruschell placed lower at the Beast than Murton, and didnt wrestle the same competition.

As for 103, Parks is very impressive. Sullivan is also very impressive. Although Sullivan in approaching a winning streak of 120 matches, I still think people under estimate him. Its not just his strength that makes him good. He has great skill, and that happens to be in upperbody moves. He is also one of the most physical and attacking wrestlers I have ever seen. Anyone see the state finals last season? Sullivan also knows how to win, he has done it for a long time now. Parks can and will give him a run for his money. It will be a great match, and honestly, I think either one could win it. I would bet Sullivan though.