monkeyroll

State Finals 06

You're assuming he dodged. Word has it, he's having a heck of a time making 152.

I had heard earlier in the season that Cooper wasn't able to cut to 152 because of the body fat test...he got a 2nd opinion in order to be able to drop. Does this sound like someone dodging? Both Cooper & Wolsiefer are fantastic wrestlers....i doubt either would dodge the other.

Due to matches at state duals I have decided to renew my predictions.

1st and 2nd

103: Sullivan dec. Parks 4-0

112: Lewis dec Luna 8-7

119: Voth dec Wood 5-3

125: Bryant dec. Scott 8-4

130: Parker dec. Jackson 20-18 (highest scoring finals match ever)

135: Murton pin Patrick

140: Thueneman dec. Mines 4-1

145: Courtney dec. Cooper 1-0

152: Wolsiefer dec. Cooper 5-3

160: Fyffe dec. Hildreth 8-4

171: Starks dec. Doyle 5-1

189: Starks dec. Wenninger 8-2

215: Scherer dec. Byrd 12-10

275: Hardin dec. Clark 8-5

3rd and 4th

103: Spencer dec. Carr 4-3

112: Zarth dec. Vinsant 5-2

119: Murner dec. Smith 6-1

125: Warner dec. Baines 8-1

130: Peace dec. Howard 7-0

135: Nick Griggs dec. Ashbrooke 2-0

140: Sanders dec. Coomer 5-4

145: Banks dec. Aylor 4-2

152: Sanders dec. Wheeler 1-0

160: Walls dec. King 11-10

171: Rupp dec. Jones 8-6

189: Watson m. dec. Chaney 11-3

215: Stone dec. Martinko 7-2

275: Goodrich dec. Craig 4-3

Monkeyroll:

I don't think your giving any of the Nky boys any respect.

A few you overlooked.

Ben Rust (CC) 130 lost to Coleman 4-2

John Golsby (Hol) 140 defeated Coomer/ split with Sanders

Brian Wilson (CC) 145 Defeated Aylor lost to Courney by a couple

Reed (Ry) 171 (outside chance)

Ashworth (Ry) 189 Can hang with Watson or Chaney

One to watch out for Kyle Griffith (CC) 135 just returned from injury This month.

woodford didnt even have a chance against LaRue county. they should have just forfeited at the beginning to save the embaresment.

Right. That's why LaRue's section got really quiet when they had to wrestle the big boys in Woodford's lineup.

Why don't we talk about how Larue took a 31-3 lead, leaving Woodford in position to need FOUR pins and two victories to win, and escaped 31-30 only because the 103-pounder avoided getting pinned.

You can talk all the smack you want, and enjoy the state dual victory, but when state comes around, I bet you won't be crowing nearly as loud.

Woodford will win the state team championship, no matter what happened this past weekend. Don't get too excited about what happened on Saturday -- it's like watching Louisville basketball fans get excited about their program in December before they fall apart in the winter (though the fall-apart happened much earlier now that they're actually playing in a real basketball conference).

Woodford will win the state team championship' date=' no matter what happened this past weekend. Don't get too excited about what happened on Saturday -- it's like watching Louisville basketball fans get excited about their program in December before they fall apart in the winter (though the fall-apart happened much earlier now that they're actually playing in a real basketball conference).[/quote']

Ouch; went for the juggular on that one. Bashing Larue wrestling to Bashing UofL. Must be a Lexington Woodford fan. :lol:

wow a bit of sour grapes here. :twisted:

Not really sour grapes, per se -- only when dealing with a response like his. One like yours, I can handle -- bet you could actually have a nice, adult conversation with you, as opposed to the guy who said Woodford should have "forfeited."

I give LaRue credit, because it's clear they are one of the best teams in the state. It might be a bit of sour grapes for me to say that the main reason they won duals was due to the pins they picked up on Woodford's weakest wrestlers, but it is a TEAM sport and being strong in one area but weak in another will only get you so far, and that's what you saw on Saturday.

Even with that, Larue busted their butts and did what they had to do. The biggest thing for them, in my opinion, was Banks' victory over Harrison Courtney. While it seemed to me (a bit of an untrained eye) that Banks got up early and kind of rode it out from there, you've got to give the kid credit for the victory. If he doesn't win there, Woodford ends up winning the finals with Parks' victory in the 103-pound match.

So, to wrap: props to Larue for their victory, and it should be a battle at state. I only go into "bash" mode when someone like the first guy I responded to comes in saying the things that he did. :)

Yes it's all about fun. That's why we come and talk. It'd fun to talk about your team or individual.

Talk up your team as much as you want. I think this is a great thing, as long as it is not at the expense of another.

It's one of the great things about wrestling. We battle it out on the mat, and when its all said and done we are one big family.

I hope that person's comment was just silly b/c it was a battle that came down to the very last match. I knew it would be a battle and it will be at state also. It all depends on the draws. Both Larue and Woodford aren't in very strong region's so both teams should get a lot of points early.

i think that everybody has ruled trinity's mike clark out to early. he is a proven winner and no one has given him any respect. yes hardin is a good wrestler and yes he is undefeated, but so is clark. and if i had to pick between hardin and clark i would pic clark because he has been to the finals and has proven himself against all odds. last year he beat the unbeatable Lageman and he has only gotten better. and don't forget that he has already beaten goodwrench at king of the bluegrass.

Goodrich will bet Clark at state if they meet. Goodrich is a much better technical wrestler, and won't stall out like Clark did last year.

I believe Woodford is in a pretty tough region. Not as good as Region 6, but I would say the second best in the state.

I believe Woodford is in a pretty tough region. Not as good as Region 6' date=' but I would say the second best in the state.[/quote']

This year those regions might be evenly matched ... and i'm the region 6 junkie. 8) Its just Ryle and Campbell Co are down this year. But there are plenty of quality wrestlers spread across different teams, and then there are a lot of holes too.