Sign in to follow this  
TCmma

Ky wrestler now Ultimate fighter

Trust me he loves wrestling he goes to the state finals everyear, but its the ultimate FIGHTER. i was with him tonight hes not really syked on how he acted

I think he's great. lol. Me and him are gettin' sauced at state. That's all i'm sayin'.

i know he is some of your alls buddy but he acts like a jack ass....wrestling is 50 percent of mma....so how can he say something about someone using wrestling..i hope somebody spanks that a**  he needs it...you sit there and watch him cry because he thought he was gone then he turns around and tries to fight again..dana needs to send him back to lexington...no one feels sorry for him

i know he is some of your alls buddy but he acts like a jack butt....wrestling is 50 percent of mma....so how can he say something about someone using wrestling..i hope somebody spanks that a**  he needs it...you sit there and watch him cry because he thought he was gone then he turns around and tries to fight again..dana needs to send him back to lexington...no one feels sorry for him

WOW! shut up im the only one who knows him on this board its a REALITY TV show he boosting the ratings. He wrestles alot in MMA. he is the one who preches about how wrestling and how important it is. Its one thing to take some one down and lay there and then theres another when u take someone down and better your position, thats what he does.

i know he is some of your alls buddy but he acts like a jack butt....wrestling is 50 percent of mma....so how can he say something about someone using wrestling..i hope somebody spanks that a**  he needs it...you sit there and watch him cry because he thought he was gone then he turns around and tries to fight again..dana needs to send him back to lexington...no one feels sorry for him

WTF was up with the crying, my God get a hold of yourself.  He is dead or in prison by the end of the decade, not too hard to write the end of this book.

wrestling being 50 percent of mma = wrong

lets see the stand up game ranges from boxing to mui thai to clench and dirty boxing.

Stand up = 40

jujitsu is all the positioning, defense, and offense of fighting on the ground, also throw in ground in pound as it helps with positioning

jujitsu = 40

Wrestling is takedowns and takedown defense

wrestling = 20

plus i think your taking it out of context junie said "all we need is some more boring ass wrestlers" its obvious that junie wants "GOOD EXCITING WRESTLERS"

i cant wait to see him win the show and then listen to all of you cry about how awful it is. face it, he is raw talent and funny and very entertaining. so what he cried and tried to fight a couple of people, show me one person that has been as drunk as him who hasnt done the same.

kywrestling - not necessarily disagreeing with your breakdown, but jujitsu does not get exclusive rights on ground and pound.  It's not like you don't learn basics of that within wrestling.  Something else to consider, it was posted on this website a while back an article that talked about how something like 40% or better of the MMA champions at that time were from a wrestling background.  Part of the reason I'm sure this guy Junie made this comment is because there has been a LOT of wrestlers do well in MMA.  That's not a coincidence.  Think about it.

kywrestling - not necessarily disagreeing with your breakdown, but jujitsu does not get exclusive rights on ground and pound.  It's not like you don't learn basics of that within wrestling.  Something else to consider, it was posted on this website a while back an article that talked about how something like 40% or better of the MMA champions at that time were from a wrestling background.  Part of the reason I'm sure this guy Junie made this comment is because there has been a LOT of wrestlers do well in MMA.  That's not a coincidence.  Think about it.

well i might be wrong but i think junie wrestled in highschool.

but i think he was saying that it sucks when good wrestlers come in and takes a guy down and just sit there. (like dan henderson did to silva) but i must say i thought efrain did pretty good and ultimately beat shane on his feet.

but when you see a wrestler like bader who comes in throwing punches taking people down working for position and throwing some nasty ground shots then that is a good wrestler-fighter transition.

I don't know how many of you guys train mma, but I've been competing in grappling tournaments all around Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee and West Virginia for over two years now and my wrestling background has trumped alot of  jujitsu guys.  I don't hold any belts in any form of karate, I've just trained no gi- grappling and have beat several brown belts and countless purple belts due strictly to takedowns and ground control. Jujitsu is in "MY" opinion highly over-rated. And the best defense for takedowns, from what I have learned, is not wrestling its great stand up! And contrary to what the show has portrayed I've meet Junie at a grappling competition in Lexington a few years ago...He was the most outgoing person at the competition and was very polite. Complete opposite from what the show has portrayed. Good luck Junie...

My equation is

60% Stand up

25% Wrestling

15% Jujitsu, Sambo (Ten times more effective than jujitsu), or any other form of karate

I don't know how many of you guys train mma, but I've been competing in grappling tournaments all around Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee and West Virginia for over two years now and my wrestling background has trumped alot of  jujitsu guys.  I don't hold any belts in any form of karate, I've just trained no gi- grappling and have beat several brown belts and countless purple belts due strictly to takedowns and ground control. Jujitsu is in "MY" opinion highly over-rated. And the best defense for takedowns, from what I have learned, is not wrestling its great stand up! And contrary to what the show has portrayed I've meet Junie at a grappling competition in Lexington a few years ago...He was the most outgoing person at the competition and was very polite. Complete opposite from what the show has portrayed. Good luck Junie...

My equation is

60% Stand up

25% Wrestling

15% Jujitsu, Sambo (Ten times more effective than jujitsu), or any other form of karate

your breakdown is so far off, look how many ncaa champs get subbed by bjj blue and purple belts that never wrestled a day in their life.

i love wrestling and it does play a big part, but i get worked by people i would stop in wrestling just because they know good jujitsu

So how many ncaa champs have got "subbed" by blue and purple belts?? I have no clue...I'm no way an ncaa champ but i know how to control the body especially their hips which is the most important thing when grappling against a jujitsu guy! And your crazy, well anyone is crazy, if you think jujitsu is the most effective submission fighting style...Cause judo is ten times more effective in takedown defense, throws, hip contol, body control and it uses the same types of submissions with chokes and joint locks. And sambo is ten times more effective than JUDO!! There is so many more slick submissions in sambo than in judo and jujitsu.

PS- If you ever get a chance to watch the Abu Dabi No-Gi Grappling matches you should. Look at how many wrestlers there are in the tournament and look at how well they do. That should tell you right there how key wrestling is.

I think Allen is a good fighter.  Is there anyone who cares enough about him to teach him how to be a man?  I assume everyone just wants to ride on his coattails, and no one cares about his health.

I'm not sure but from the people that I talked to who participate in some form of MMA they say you need (4) things.

1.  Boxing

2.  Another fighting style

3.  Jujitzu (preferably Brazilian)

4.  Wrestling

in no particular order.

So how many ncaa champs have got "subbed" by blue and purple belts?? I have no clue...I'm no way an ncaa champ but i know how to control the body especially their hips which is the most important thing when grappling against a jujitsu guy! And your crazy, well anyone is crazy, if you think jujitsu is the most effective submission fighting style...Cause judo is ten times more effective in takedown defense, throws, hip contol, body control and it uses the same types of submissions with chokes and joint locks. And sambo is ten times more effective than JUDO!! There is so many more slick submissions in sambo than in judo and jujitsu.

PS- If you ever get a chance to watch the Abu Dabi No-Gi Grappling matches you should. Look at how many wrestlers there are in the tournament and look at how well they do. That should tell you right there how key wrestling is.

funny that i have done all those except sambo and my jujtsu coach use to compete in sambo and i still beg to differ.

your wrong plain and simple and hip comtrol will get you in a world of hurt, if you focus on that then i will simply lead you in taking advantage of your wrestling background and leg lock you, just like frank mir did to brock lesnar.

funny that i have done all those except sambo and my jujtsu coach use to compete in sambo and i still beg to differ.

your wrong plain and simple and hip comtrol will get you in a world of hurt, if you focus on that then i will simply lead you in taking advantage of your wrestling background and leg lock you, just like frank mir did to brock lesnar.

where do u train at. im not to familar with other schools in KY besides 4 seasons and the louisville schools

wrestling being 50 percent of mma = wrong

lets see the stand up game ranges from boxing to mui thai to clench and dirty boxing.

Stand up = 40

jujitsu is all the positioning, defense, and offense of fighting on the ground, also throw in ground in pound as it helps with positioning

jujitsu = 40

Wrestling is takedowns and takedown defense

wrestling = 20

plus i think your taking it out of context junie said "all we need is some more boring butt wrestlers" its obvious that junie wants "GOOD EXCITING WRESTLERS"

i cant wait to see him win the show and then listen to all of you cry about how awful it is. face it, he is raw talent and funny and very entertaining. so what he cried and tried to fight a couple of people, show me one person that has been as drunk as him who hasnt done the same.

he might win the show but someone is going to put him in his place..he is not smart enough to do anything with his talent..it is only a matter of time before he screws up big time...its bad when the owner calls you a retard..but he hit the nail on the head...you say its basicaly set up to boost the ratings...maybe if he wins ....that is possibly set up...obviously it is some what set up or the owner would have shipped him home....basically he may win the show but that is as far as his ufc carer will go...he said it himself  "i am a screw up"  could not say it better...sorry if your his buddy...he just needs a little AA

danger you cant fight

Fought four fights this past weekend against some of the scrappiest cats in Fairdale. Didn't get tagged once. Broke two noses, got a knock out, some pound outs. We're having a twenty man tournament this Friday if you care to come out and back up the words.

Fought four fights this past weekend against some of the scrappiest cats in Fairdale. Didn't get tagged once. Broke two noses, got a knock out, some pound outs. We're having a twenty man tournament this Friday if you care to come out and back up the words.

TWO MAN ENTER...1 MAN LEAVE!!

Bingo. I don't use gloves unless the other person wants to. So, I hope he ain't got a glass jaw. I've really been concentrating on my striking for the past year or so.

Bingo. I don't use gloves unless the other person wants to. So, I hope he ain't got a glass jaw. I've really been concentrating on my striking for the past year or so.

This is a MMA post. not street fighting or backyard "never back down" stuff