Just Wrestle

How many UNDEFEATED records could we have this year?

In state of course..........

103- Sullivan(easy one)

112- Wood

125- Warner(could happen)

140/145- Courtney(could happen, almost did last year)

189- Starks(easy one)

215- Sherrer

That's a lot for one year...anyone else?

Coach,

I think they mean this coming year. If Starks doesn't come across any big time Ohio wrestlers again, he'll be undefeated. He not only lost, but was pinned by that Ohio guy last year. I think Parks was also teched by some guy at that same meet, shows what a different ballgame some Ohio meets can be.

I brought this up in another thread in the context of potential D1 wrestlers (or not). Some guy put up a post about starks winning state twice already, and replied to my thread as if he was trying to correct a well meaning child. I'm feeling motivated enough to bring that point back up.

Starks is prime, but he wouldn't beat anyone like that even if he bulks up some more. I understand he was light for 189 last year, and he might not get pinned next time by someone like that if he bulked some. But he'd still lose i think. On top of that, he didn't dominate the Ky state meet as he had a 3 and a 2 point match in the quarters and semis. But undoubtedly he'll run the table in Ky next year.

Is Woodford going back to that meet in Ohio this year, anybody from Woodford know ? Let me know, if you're not ready to kill me that is.

By the way, going up there and losing isn't a bad thing ... i applaud Woodford for going. No matter how good you are, there's always someone better ... and the only way to get to that next level is to compete with people better than yourself.

Good posts guys....I like hearing stuff like that even if your not a fan of that particular team.

Starks is still pretty tuff. My only point is he will be a 3x state champ(and runner up). 99.9% of wrestler can never be that. Got to give him credit, he's good.

Good posts guys....I like hearing stuff like that even if your not a fan of that particular team.

Starks is still pretty tuff. My only point is he will be a 3x state champ(and runner up). 99.9% of wrestler can never be that. Got to give him credit' date=' he's good.[/quote']

Not 99.9%..

Do you mean 14 undefeated records at state? Since there are 14 wt. classes.

The road to an undeafed record goes through the regional and state tournament! Of course barring year ending injuries and quitters.

whats the big deal, most of these guys mentioned haven't wrestled anyone. I have seen some of the schedules, schedules are weak. There will be many disappointed kids at state.

103 - sullivan can go undefeated

112 - coty lewis WILL go undefeated

119 - i think caleb wood will go undefeated

125 - derek scott will go undefeated

130 - brian peace and ozzy parker will probably go undefeated IN STATE and then 1 will lost at state to the other

135 - murton will be undefeated IN STATE

140 - has daniel thueneman lost yet in state?

145 - i doubt any1 go undefeated here too tough of a weight class best in the state in my opinion

152 - the dragon will be a matchup of the state championship with cooper and wolsiefer

160 - dont know enough about this weight class

171 - dont know about 171 either

189 - starks undefeated in state for sure

215 - scherer will be undefeated in state

275 - i see some1 losing here just because 1 toss and its over and we all know heavy weights like to roll around a lot :D

i think we have a possibility for 10-12 undefeated records versus in-state opponents, though itll probably be more around 6-8 i think