Sign in to follow this  
archibaldhumperdink

inside trip?

On the inside trip take down does it matter which you have on the side of the tripping leg A.Under hook or B.overhook??? under hook tight and what is the counter to thistake down?  I guess you could just throw the opposite way ????

I should have specified that i was asking about the arms when I said the under or over hook.

I'm not sure if it is the "only" way to do an inside trip, but the instructional video i have on the inside trip always shows an overhook on the side that you are tripping.  i.e....if you are tripping the left leg, have an overhook on their left arm, with an underhook on the opposite arm.

You can hit the inside trip on either side.  I would recommend circling and pulling the leg you want to you before you hit it though.  There are two keys to the inside trip though.  The first is to switch your head to the same side you trip.  If you are wrestling a good guy and don't do this you'll get whipped to your back.  The other key is to get your hips in tight into his legs.  Too many people try to hit it and don't commit themselves and get stuck underneath the guy.  I like to describe it as arching your back and lifting your leg backward to get your hips in there.

Well, since this was basically tailor made for me to respond to, here we go. You can do it from anywhere. Over hook. Under hooks. Over under with the trip on either side. From a russian tie. From a front headlock. From a body lock. Just plain throw it in. I don't think it'll make many appearances until I get in shape. I literally got so tired today that I couldn't see straight. Once my wind is back, i'll make a compilation of all the ways to do it. It will be a thing of beauty.

Just seems like if you have an overhook on the tripping side then they would be able to go right to a seat belt or tight waist an bear trap your leg.  With an underhook you have that option if the trip dosen't go through all the way.  I don't know I am not that comfortable with it yet.  I would like to see it from a russian too.

What jpizar83 said, its all set up really. The overhook, head position, and the biggest thing, SETUP, is circling of the leg to you. Just dont start the move late, as his leg is almost to you you should already be turned towards him stepping to him at a perpendicular angle and getting that leg deep as possible. If you dont turn your hips and comitt to this move which is baically your confidence in your self to do the move you wont get it. It works well on shot re-shot situation.

always trip the over hook side, always. if you trip the underhook side it is easy for him to square his hips and wizzar. also when you go to trip shoot your hands down the back of his calves, this way if he steps out of your trip you can drive across and finish in a double leg.

always trip the over hook side, always. if you trip the underhook side it is easy for him to square his hips and wizzar. also when you go to trip shoot your hands down the back of his calves, this way if he steps out of your trip you can drive across and finish in a double leg.

That's why you can trip on an underhook. If your hook is clamped down tight enough you should be able to finish just fine. If not, it is easy to transition to a double. On the other hand, it you foot slips out when you do it with an over, it's pretty easy to drop to an ankle pick. It's a pretty sound move.

You can hit it it from literally any tie-up on either side.  It does not matter what side your head is on when you hit it.  This includes both the overhook and underhook sides as well as no tie.  Different people prefer different tie-ups.  However, when you hit your knee your head must be on the side you're tripping.

Push him backwards, they will almost always push back.  Next circle the leg you want back to you.  You should be stepping in before his foot hits the mat, as he's stepping towards you.  Draw a cirle with your toe around his ankle and hop to your knee.  Your toe should not hit the mat.  The back of your knee should be on his heel.  As you drive into him with your upper body you should be pulling his ankle backwards while arching your back.  When you hit your leg should be lifting his ankle into the air behind you like you would a turk.  Hold him on his back when you hit by keeping his ankle elevated high, many times you can get a five count.

Yeah. Even if people don't know the complete motion very well, you can just circle that leg and do a pretty sloppy trip. I just circled the leg in and hit it like 4 times against Eastern.

here are the only instruction videos i could find on the web. this move is unstoppable if done by some one who can do it right. the first 2 are instruction. there are matches also in the kendall cross one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1g7_JGL5Ic              (cary kolat)

(kendall cross)

( many different positions)

On the inside trip take down does it matter which you have on the side of the tripping leg A.Under hook or B.overhook??? under hook tight and what is the counter to thistake down?  I guess you could just throw the opposite way ????

back to your original question, i've never hit an inside trip in my life, so not acting like i'm an expert on it or anything...but if you notice in those 3 videos posted, I don't think there was 1 inside trip hit on a side of an underhook.  they are definitely all to the side your head is on.  did see one hit on a side of a 2 on 1, which is closer to an overhook than an underhook.  i'd say if you are trying to learn it, or teach this move, get comfortable with a "few" ways you like to hit it, and drill those.  if you feel most comfortable hitting it from an underhook, go for it.  i definitely don't think that's the normal way, or most popular way to hit an inside trip.  i like how kendall cross demonstrated it from double overhooks, that's a cool way to hit it i think.

that is because you can only hit it from a underhook if you have doubles. other wise it is the overhook side or no go. the only time the underhook side works is on crap kids. so inside trip from only the overhook side. the kendall cross video is the best at describing it. the way he describes it works for the over-under position also. the only difference is you DO have to bring them in closer instead of just hitting it.

Just wanted to thank every one for the info on this it has been educational.  Now I know.  Thanks. It seems like the over hook is the way to go,  I guess it comes down to who fights through the situation more as to who comes out on top.  I did see one guy in a different video (I think it was called upperbody attacks or something to that effect) hit a bear hug to a back trip on a guy trying to hit the inside trip with an over hook.  But I will say that it looks like the most effective way is through the over hook because it pulls their leg to you.  And I will never argue with someone as successful as these guys.  Thanks again for all the help.