Sign in to follow this  
kdsmith27

Open Mats for students interested in going to high school nationals

Open Mats at Gray Middle school for students interested in going to high school nationals

Tuesdays and Thursdays  4:30 PM till 6:30 PM

Saturdays 10:00 AM till 4:00 PM

Please pass this along to coaches through email contacts.

THANKS

TIM RUSCHELL

859-760-4977 CELL

I'm not trying to steal Ryle's thunder but Woodford also has open mats every Monday and Wednesday night at 6 for anyone in central Kentucky.  Tonight we had some excellent wrestlers in Harrison Courtney, Ethan Miller, Coty Lewis and even Matt Zarth from Henry Clay.

If my son was older then i would be taking him to Ryle....(luv the atmoshere up there) but my son only 8 so i went to the Woodfords mats, they are open for all ages.  Last night i went with my 2nd grader, he had an intense session against 4 different kids.  They had about 9 coaches for the elemenatary, middle and high schoolers.  All levels of talent seemed to be represented from beginner to kentuckys very accomplished Most Outstanding Wrestler Harrison Courtney.    :-D 

Yes we will be switching over to Tuesdays and Thursdays but after our Parks and Rec wrestling program is finished.  I'm not sure when that will happen but will let everyone know when it does.

By the way we will be switching the times up a bit not next week but the week after (March 10).  We will be running a beginner practice starting at 5:30 for wrestlers of any age, however I expect mostly little kids.  This is for kids who have just started wrestling and the focus will be on basic moves.  At 7:00 we will have a more advanced practice where we will show higher level moves and the workout will probably be a little more intense.  If you or your son would like to attend both then they are certainly welcome.