sheeves

"2008 State Predictions"

i would also have to disagree with a few others

103 - Myron Bradbury

119 - Matt Zarth

130 - Josh johnson

135 - Zach Poulton

Between Zarth, Martin and Miller 119 is going to an amazing bracket to watch

Has Coty Lewis had to make weight 2 days in a row yet this year.  I think if he makes it to the 3rd day, him making weight and not eating for three days will totally drane him.  I dont see him placing.  Josh Johnson will probably major at the minimum everyone I think.

You guys are too tough on Coty Lewis, after all he did place 6th at the Dragon

I think people are finally sick of Coty Lewis' crap.  People put too much sweat and tears into this sport and get upset when they see other wrestlers disrespect it the way he was over the last couple of years.  I know I'm getting off topic, but do agree he will lose first or second round and then throw a fit and not place.  It's like death and taxes.  But this is the last time we'll have to see it.

And I'm from Woodford Co.....

You guys are too tough on Coty Lewis, after all he did place 6th at the Dragon

Yeah we all know Lewis is a head case.  He's still a good wrestler when he cares.  After losing to some really _crap_ kids, I think he'll bounce back at state.  It's a different ballgame there.

Yeah we all know Lewis is a head case.  He's still a good wrestler when he cares.  After losing to some really _crap_ kids, I think he'll bounce back at state.  It's a different ballgame there.

You really should learn to make more intelligent comments! Josh Johnson and Grant Ohlman came in 1st and 2nd at the Dragon that Lewis came in 6th. When you make a comment and call everyone Lewis lost to crap kids you are showing disrespect for the sport and everyone in it! You are also showing your lack of class!

Murdered?  Thomson lost to Poulton 6-4, Miller 5-1, and Branch by 2.   Let's not get carried away and say he would get murdered.  Shirey, I know you love some Davis, but at least be realistic.

You need to read the rule! You are not supposed to reveal peoples true identity on this forum. Also to make a comment liek you did about him loving some Davis is totally inaproporiate. If you can't followe the rules get OFF!

Murdered?  Thomson lost to Poulton 6-4, Miller 5-1, and Branch by 2.  Let's not get carried away and say he would get murdered.  Shirey, I know you love some Davis, but at least be realistic.

Alright I'm sorry I said that. Dinubus is absolutely right. Thomson is gonna beat Miller, Ervin, and Poulton to make it to the finals and probably win the weight class. When I say "murder", I'm referring to a totally dominating performance which Davis has displayed against Branch twice who has beaten Thomson. He also "murdered" Rivera at Danville who also has a win over Thomson. Maybe, Thomson has different style that will keep the match close, but i seriously doubt that.

I don't see Thomson beating Miller, but I do see him coming back through the conso brackets and placing.  I think Davis controlled Branch at regionals, but I wouldn't call it dominating.  Now, granted I have not been a Davis fan at all but he did conduct himself really... really well at regionals; acted like a first class wrestler.

I don't see him making it through Brown though.  I see a Brown/ Miller final.

As Dan's coach, I'd personally love to see a Davis/Thomson final.  I obviously want my guys to do the best, but when state comes I'm one of those guys who also roots for our region.  I like to see the Eastern, OC, Fern Creek, Ballard, KCD, Jtown, and even :) South Oldham guys place high.  Keeps the competition strong in our region.

As Dan's coach, I'd personally love to see a Davis/Thomson final.  I obviously want my guys to do the best, but when state comes I'm one of those guys who also roots for our region.  I like to see the Eastern, OC, Fern Creek, Ballard, KCD, Jtown, and even :) South Oldham guys place high.  Keeps the competition strong in our region.

Great comment -- I absolutely agree. To me, the Louisville-area teams often get less respect than they deserve, and I love to see any of the guys from Region 3, 4, and especially 5 do well.

davis beat branch at regions 10-4 with branch giving up 6 points he shoulnt have in the last seconds. also had davis in acradle and put him on his back but time ran out and brach wasnt awarded any points. Davis got hit with stalling.

he was holding on and reacting while branch did all the attacking

davis only hit one legit move

he won the match and thats all that counts

i'll admit he got the job done and both of them ended it as great sports

I don't see Thomson beating Miller, but I do see him coming back through the conso brackets and placing.  I think Davis controlled Branch at regionals, but I wouldn't call it dominating.  Now, granted I have not been a Davis fan at all but he did conduct himself really... really well at regionals; acted like a first class wrestler.

I don't see him making it through Brown though.  I see a Brown/ Miller final.

Let's see, Davis beat Branch three times this year in direct competition, and Branch forfeited to him a fourth time. If that's not dominating, I don't know what is.

Great comment -- I absolutely agree. To me, the Louisville-area teams often get less respect than they deserve, and I love to see any of the guys from Region 3, 4, and especially 5 do well.

For me as a coach it's kind of a pride thing.  I see my guys getting beat up (and beating on) the guys from South, OC, Eastern, Ballard, KCD, Fern Creek, and Jtown.....  and even though they'r enot my wrestlers, you get a sense of wanting them to do well, not only to validate loses your guys may have had, but also because you spend so much time watching these kids wrestle in your region.  I've watched Ryan Houchens develop amazingly over the past couple of years, and seen a nobody at the time in justin Davis come out of nowhere and become a great competitor.  I've watched Joaquin Luna in his down times, and then seen him mature as a young man.  I've seen Derek branch go from a decent wrestler into a real contender.  You get invested in these teams in your region, and I've found myself; like last year at the state tournament, screaming my brains out for Trey Morlatt in the finals, even though my kid Antonio Zeppa had beaten him in the past.  It's funny how you get behind your own region.

davis beat branch at regions 10-4 with branch giving up 6 points he shoulnt have in the last seconds. also had davis in acradle and put him on his back but time ran out and brach wasnt awarded any points. Davis got hit with stalling.

he was holding on and reacting while branch did all the attacking

davis only hit one legit move

he won the match and thats all that counts

i'll admit he got the job done and both of them ended it as great sports

1. If time ran out it obviously didn't count

2. Accusing Davis of stalling is just plain dumb

3. If these 6 points you're talking about were Davis' takedowns over and over, you're right Branch shouldn't of given them up, he should've defended better, but he couldn't

he tried a throw and got caught

he went for the win and lost

at least he tried instead of giving up points

and it wasnt dumb considering davis got hit for stalling in the thrid period

the ref must be dumb right

and it was 10-5

by the way davis and branch wrestled 2 times and he forfeited the other time because he went to the emergency room due to a concussion

103-James Badgett vs. Jarvis Elam

112-Travis Sullivan vs. Ross Carpenter

119-Matt Zarth vs. Ethan Miller

125-Jon Voth  vs. Jake Wempe

130-Josh Johnson vs. Grant Ohlman

135-Zach Poulton vs. Cody Guiler

140-Bryan Peace vs. Korey Shotwell

145-Harrison Courtney vs. Beau Sanders

152-Josh Ashbrook vs. Trint Webb

160-Mitch Ervin vs. Chris Pitcher

171-Mason Reid  vs. Brad Hitchings

189-Ryan Houchens vs. Ryan Kelly

215-Matt Green vs. Adam Dials

HWT-Billy Fuller  vs. Nathan Gray

winners on the left, just my opinion, I picked some upsets most state tournys have a few.

he tried a throw and got caught

he went for the win and lost

at least he tried instead of giving up points

and it wasnt dumb considering davis got hit for stalling in the thrid period

the ref must be dumb right

and it was 10-5

by the way davis and branch wrestled 2 times and he forfeited the other time because he went to the emergency room due to a concussion

How did he give up 6 points on a throw?

For me as a coach it's kind of a pride thing.  I see my guys getting beat up (and beating on) the guys from South, OC, Eastern, Ballard, KCD, Fern Creek, and Jtown.....  and even though they'r enot my wrestlers, you get a sense of wanting them to do well, not only to validate loses your guys may have had, but also because you spend so much time watching these kids wrestle in your region.  I've watched Ryan Houchens develop amazingly over the past couple of years, and seen a nobody at the time in justin Davis come out of nowhere and become a great competitor.  I've watched Joaquin Luna in his down times, and then seen him mature as a young man.  I've seen Derek branch go from a decent wrestler into a real contender.  You get invested in these teams in your region, and I've found myself; like last year at the state tournament, screaming my brains out for Trey Morlatt in the finals, even though my kid Antonio Zeppa had beaten him in the past.  It's funny how you get behind your own region.

Great comment NOHS. You are absolutely right to focus on the positives of all these kids. My family has come to enjoy watching kids from all over the state and have got some favorites that aren't even on our team. I used to love watching John W from Fern Creek. I even thought Coty Lewis was incredible in his sophmore year at state. His final match was outstanding. And being involved in the sport has helped Joaquin Luna mature into a young man and a good wrestler. That's what it should be all about. I appreciate your comment because that's what we love about it too!

4 on a throw

2 as the second period was ending he gave up a takedown he shoulnd have

davis is a great wrestler and i look to see him in the finals

why are you tryin to take away from branch

do you not think he is gonna do anything at state

he has poulton 2nd round

anything can happen

4 on a throw

2 as the second period was ending he gave up a takedown he shoulnd have

davis is a great wrestler and i look to see him in the finals

why are you tryin to take away from branch

do you not think he is gonna do anything at state

he has poulton 2nd round

anything can happen

I'm not tryin to take anything away from him. I just asked how he gave up 6 on a throw.

I believe Davis and Thomson will meet earlier because of how the brackets are set up. And Davis will beat Thomson easily.

I wouldn't be too sure of that.. Thomson is extremely good as long as he keeps his head on straight. He got called for unnecessary roughness against Miller at state duals, but he seems to have given Miller a longer match than he expected.

I bet you were a really_crap-kid in your day. Coty Lewis is probably better on his worst day than you ever though of bein Wish.