Sign in to follow this  
FCcaptain07

Which team will win state this year?

I agree with Pride that Meade will for sure win it all, but I think that Union has a good chance of beating out Trinity for second. Even though Trinity won the duals I think Union is a much better tournament team than a dual team.

Union, also. Like I said in another post, Union just doesn't want to win the duals. They just rather win the State Title. Weird how that is, but also funny. Too deep of a tourney team, but just like this past weekend, you never know until it is all over with. Just depends on who shows up to wrestle.

I dont think it will be close this year. It was close last year, but you have to look at potential state champs for Union: Jarvis Elam, Aaron Carr, Jake Wempe, Caleb Ervin, Isaac Ervin, and Mitch Ervin. Placement points count. I predict Union County by at least 20 points. I think that is even a modest guess. Probably have it locked up by the end of the semi-finals. Its just the way it is this year.

Union is probably looking at around 10 #1 seeds from the regional tournament at state. State duals is somewhat important, but you dont hear kids tell stories about state duals after they graduate. State is the real tournament.

Union lost by one point to trinity. Trinity is a great dualing team. Diante Wright was out of the UC lineup. I felt bad for Tim McKenny. I believe he lost his dad this year, and all that pressure was on his back in the final match against Trinity. He will be a solid wrestler one day. Other kids lost matches against Trinity. That dual meet result was not his fault. He is a freshman and from what i understand a pretty good kid.

There will be a dog fight for second place in the state though....

Im just happy that as many teams as KY has, some unkown schools are starting to make some noise and starting feeder programs.

Winning the Kentucky state at your weight class should mean a great deal, and the tougher the tournament gets, the more prestigious even placing will be. Ky is definately headed in the right direction.

Guest farcradle4thewin

This will be a very close match between Trinity and Union, usually (in my experience) the top 2 or 3 teams in state duals will win the state tournament, (i know obvious right), but every now and than there are some teams who just sprout at state, I'm going to go with Union with the victory, with trinity behind by less than 15 points, it should be very close.

I see Woodford placing at best fifth, but could be as far back as 8th. They just dont seem to have the same spark they once had....But the state tournament is all about the spotlight being on you and how you deal with the pressure.