Sign in to follow this  
Bernard

Toughest weight class

Just curious to what people think is the toughest weight class this year?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Just curious to what people think is the toughest weight class this year?

I'd say 135 with 125 right behind them...

135 has more "top-notch wrestlers" and better overall wrestlers through the top 12-15, but as a whole 125 has better depth. Harder weight class to place in? 135. It's no coincidence the weakest weightclass this year (besides 103), is 130.

In no certain order:

152 is nowhere near the toughest. It may be one of the most competitive, but not the hardest. It doesn't have the depth of other classes like 119, 171, 160, 135.

i think 152 is the weakest

Yea, one of them. There are some wrestlers with alot of talent that aren't really wrestling the way they could be. If Choate and some others tightened up the screws it could be a VERY tough weight.

152 is nowhere near the toughest. It may be one of the most competitive, but not the hardest. It doesn't have the depth of other classes like 119, 171, 160, 135.

Competitve and tough go hand in hand.Imo it does have depth.

Ashbrook isn't that much better than dillon. I heard ashbrook was sick when he wrestled him though, but he still only won by 2. If you go with dillon till the third you should pin him, especially if you're that much better than him. I think with more conditioning dillon would be the best 152 hands down.

Flyboy, I agree with you that 215 is the weakest weight class overall.  It is probably only between 3 individuals as to who wins the state title (Green, Dials & Nickel).  Anyone can pull the upset, but I would be very surprised if one of them didn't win the state title.  As for the toughest weight class, I am going with 135.  Any of the top 6, maybe 7 could win the state title this year.  You can't say that about any other weight class.