Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 January 23

Scott's 215 or 189 had to have help off the mat at The dave Bean Classic, from what I heard he won't be back. Done for the season.If you havn't seen him he is a beast. I wish him the best.

Must be there 215 because he is absolutely a animal on the mat.

Bryce Alexander lost only one match at State Duals. It was to the number one ranked 135 pounder in the state. Bryce got down 8-0 early, but fought back in the second period putting Miller on his back for about :10. He almost got the pin. As the match faced its final seconds Alexander hit a reversal and was taking Miller to his back but time ran out. He only got one point for the escape. Very tough match. If their was :07 extra seconds in the match there might have been a very different outcome.

Chris Meriwether lost a 1-0 decision to Paden from Larue County. The one point was a questionable stalling call. Believe both kids got warned. Good match.

Senior Jackson Daugherty had a close match with Woodford County, and nearly pinned his opponent.

Brandon Brack shot a nice takedown on Woodford County and got his takedown. The boy later quit due to injury default.

Henderson did okay for a first time qualifying team with only a five year history. They won four matches against Woodford, scored 12 against Trinity, 18 against Larue (many close matches just went the wrong way) and 30 against Meade County.

Henderson is in no means an elite program yet, but this saturday looked very promising for the future.  Nobody gave up and alot was learned. They will be coming up in the near future. They will only lose three seniors this year. Bryce and Chris are only sophomores. State Tournament in February should be very exciting for this young team. :-D

14  Cald Co  Clay Overby  12

15  Wood Co  Alex Grubbs  12

16  Lar Co  Logan Hull  11

17  Irq  Rayshawn Graham  11

18  CH  John Eberle  12

19  Meade  Ethan Medley 

20  Scott  Zack Sowder 

21  NO  John Aretakis  12

22  Ohio Co  Andy Kiper 

Kiper beat Overby 12-4 last saturday at the blue gray duals, kiper got beat by overby the first time they wrestled, he had cut too much weight but any ways im sure they will get to go at it again this weekend at the regional tune-ups

I realized  this weekend at the state duals that these rankings are seriously messed up.  Not really the rankings of people in the same region but different ones that havent faced each other.  I  can think of many examples to back this up.  First of all, there is no way Coty Lewis of Woodford Co. is ranked 30.  Even if he is out of shape or whatever the case may be.  I watched 2 or 3 of his matches and he had amazing technique and moves blocking takedowns easily and throwing people on their backs.  In my weightclass, 140, I have beaten #16 ranked and I also beat #15 ranked by injury but was winning before it happened.  I do not understand how #19 Ethan Medley is ranked lower than them. I wrestled him and got pinned in the 2nd.  Got caught but still got pinned.  I also know that Andy Kiper should be ranked a lot higher.  My only two matches with Clay Overbey have been close only losing by about one or two, yet, he is some how ranked 13.  These are just my first hand accounts of what I have seen and it has been on my mind for a while. This may all be bogus and there might be some kind of rock paper scissors philosophy involved, meaning this guy can beat this guy and not this one although the guy he beat can.  This is in no way an insult to anyone and please dont take it that way.

I realized  this weekend at the state duals that these rankings are seriously messed up.  Not really the rankings of people in the same region but different ones that havent faced each other.  I  can think of many examples to back this up.  First of all, there is no way Coty Lewis of Woodford Co. is ranked 30.  Even if he is out of shape or whatever the case may be.  I watched 2 or 3 of his matches and he had amazing technique and moves blocking takedowns easily and throwing people on their backs.  In my weightclass, 140, I have beaten #16 ranked and I also beat #15 ranked by injury but was winning before it happened.  I do not understand how #19 Ethan Medley is ranked lower than them. I wrestled him and got pinned in the 2nd.  Got caught but still got pinned.  I also know that Andy Kiper should be ranked a lot higher.  My only two matches with Clay Overbey have been close only losing by about one or two, yet, he is some how ranked 13.  These are just my first hand accounts of what I have seen and it has been on my mind for a while. This may all be bogus and there might be some kind of rock paper scissors philosophy involved, meaning this guy can beat this guy and not this one although the guy he beat can.  This is in no way an insult to anyone and please dont take it that way.

You wrestled Woodfords 140 backup, your horn doesn't toot as loud as you think it does. No insult intended.

You have to consider that you are only going by who you have wrestled and how they did against you.  You also have to take into account how they did against each other and how they did against the rest of the state.  Ranger does update the rankings weekly and these rankings are for January 23rd and before.  They do not take into account individual results from the state duals.  If anything needs to be changed based on those results, they will be on the rankings for January 30th.  Sure he is going to miss a few here and there.  I don't see how he can get everything just right down to each spot with ranking 14 weight classes and 30 kids in each.  Nobody can do that.  However, these are pretty close and definitely better than the 2 alternatives (Nothing or the KWCA rankings).  Then again, I also think Kansas is better than Memphis, but Memphis is still ranked #1.  Hey Ranger, can you fix that one.

Guest KYwrestler06

No offense but at state it really only comes down to the top 8, that is where people need to be worried about, not the 15th ranked kid lost to the 19th ranked kid.

The rankings will mean nothing come state tourn..ask Darwin Perez.He was out of the top 10 until the last week of the season and wound up 130 champ against a tough Matt Eck.

I just thought I would say that those ranking in 112 are messed up. Brent Feher apolo is ranked higher tahn tyler boone. thats some B.S  they have wrestled 3 times, and tyler has pinned him the 1st match, the 2nd brent was kicked out of the match for dropping elbows when he was cradled, and the 3rd tyler tecked him. So tylers ranking is wrong.  :-D

I just thought I would say that those ranking in 112 are messed up. Brent Feher apolo is ranked higher tahn tyler boone. thats some B.S  they have wrestled 3 times, and tyler has pinned him the 1st match, the 2nd brent was kicked out of the match for dropping elbows when he was cradled, and the 3rd tyler tecked him. So tylers ranking is wrong.  :-D

ranger doesn't know everything...i am sure that he will look into it...but coming out and calling it B.S is an insult to ranger imo

Ok. I wasnt insulting anybody. I understand, but that brent kid started elbowing tyler when tyler had him cradled and ended up chipping one of tylers teeth, and they made the brent boy pay for it.lmao :-D

Getting your tooth chipped is worth what, a spot and a half in the rankings?  And paying for it drops you 75% of a spot.  If I wasn't really trying to do this right I would pull both of you.

You have to consider that you are only going by who you have wrestled and how they did against you.  You also have to take into account how they did against each other and how they did against the rest of the state.  Ranger does update the rankings weekly and these rankings are for January 23rd and before.  They do not take into account individual results from the state duals.  If anything needs to be changed based on those results, they will be on the rankings for January 30th.  Sure he is going to miss a few here and there.  I don't see how he can get everything just right down to each spot with ranking 14 weight classes and 30 kids in each.  Nobody can do that.  However, these are pretty close and definitely better than the 2 alternatives (Nothing or the KWCA rankings).  Then again, I also think Kansas is better than Memphis, but Memphis is still ranked #1.  Hey Ranger, can you fix that one.

Thanks Dragon.  But I will say it is possible to get everything close to right, but it takes accurate reporting of results.  And everyone has to realize as well that there will always be situations where wrestler a beats wrestler b who beats wrestler c who beats wrestler a.  And the big upsets that shake things up.  I'm afraid I can't do much about your basketball issues.  And just typing the word basketball creates issues for me.