BIGBADBOY

Is Shearer really looking that poor this year. He was unstoppable the last two years.

He seemed off in the finals last year, but still had control of hte match.

If Shearer is at the top of his game then neither Stone, Wise, or Byrd can touch him.

He has the potential of being one of the best upper wt. wrestlers ever to come from KY.

He may have the best double I have ever seen in a big man.

I don't think Shearer was wrestling bad at all. Everyone's talking about how he only beat so and so by 2 pts, or couldn't pin this person....you have to consider....everyone in this state is gunning for him. They're all going to try and have their best match against him. YET....he's still undefeated in this state. I watched the Shearer vs. Stone match over the weekend. Shearer seems like a very smart & patient wrestler...he'd be content with a 2-1 OT victory. He's not going to get impatient and try to make something happen if nothing's there. For Byrd, Stone, or Wise to beat him, they will have to take it to him. They will have to press the issue and score points...if you wrestle defensive against him waiting for him to make a mistake so you can catch him, you're going to lose almost everytime. I think someone could beat him, and right now it sounds like the most likely candidate would be Byrd...but it's not very likely.

Again it will happen, Byrd lost by how many, 1 or 2 points, in his first tournament back from the injury. And stayed with him every match last year. In fact had it won at WCI, mental mistake. I don't just think it will happen, I expect it to happen.

Thats how he Scherer wrestles he does not care if he wins by 1, 15, or a pin. He considers a W a W. He will wrestle at his pace and force the person to make a mistake. You could compare him to ICEMAN off of Top Gun lol. He will wrestle you all day and when you slip up he catches you. He does not want to try to blow someone out of the water get in a hurry and make mistake. If he can own you he will if not he will take his time and pick you apart piece by piece. WONT HAPPEN!

At the end of Top Gun, who was the best pilot? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Iceman. I believe it was the guy who took chances and went for the kill, much like Byrd's almost unstoppable lateral drop. Byrd's also got a pretty good single leg. It will happen.

an unstoppable lateral drop? THIS i gotta see! That's probably the #2 easiest move to defend against #1 being a head and arm. i don't know who will win this match....but I'd be very surprised if it was Byrd winning by an unstoppable lateral drop. :lol::lol::lol:

head and arm might be the easiest to defend but how many people still get caught in it plus not only does byrd have an unstopable lat drop but he can finish a single leg quite easily

I believe Byrd threw Scherer on his head a couple of times last year. I'm not saying that Byrd goes out and hits it every single time and gets it. But when it's there and Byrd's ready for it, nobody can stop it.

I was @ WCI and scherer couldnt stop it but they went out of bounds and byrd didnt get any back pts. IF byrd could have kept it in the match would of turned out a lot different. and yes he does have a loss but consider who it is to. A 2x defending state champ

Byrd put Stone on his head too last year. I thought it was in poor taste when Woodford's section (everyone, not a couple clowns) started chanting "Woodford County" when that happened and the kid throwing his arms up in the air. But i write that off as just getting wrapped up in the moment ... i'll give the benefit of the doubt.

I'd really like to see Stone pull that match off this year though ... have they wrestled this year ?

All that aside, Byrd is tough ... but i suspect he and Sherer will continue to be a 1-2 point type of deal. And, Sherer will be fired up for Byrd, he has national ranking to defend.

I would like to see Byrd and Stone go at it again...I honestly think if Stone would stop being so passive and be a ton more aggressive he would have more success against Scherer and Byrd... Last year against Byrd and this year against Scherer he looked timid and non aggressive..Had he wrestled them two like he wrestled Lageman in practice everyday, there in no doubt in my mind that he beats Byrd in a close on and contends against Scherer in last years state tournament...

Basically i see it like this: Scherer vs. Stone in finals, cause i just got this feeling that Scherer and Byrd will end up on the same side of the bracket it happens every year...And if thats the case Scherer will win with a margin of victory

Dale if you read this, when you get in that room bust your a$$ like you did last year, and go at them, no doubt you can beat Byrd and with Scherer..Well good luck..lol

Ill give it to Stone for being a brute but then again it is not what wrestling is all about. It is about agility, strength, endurance, and most important knowledge of every situation one might get into. There are few not only at 215 but in the state that have all the aspects listed above with Scherer and Byrd being one of those few.

Wrestling isn't about being a brute, a technician, or a good scrambler. Its about winning (honorably of course). If you're a brute and you win because of it only, you're still a good wrestler.

I know you weren't implying he wasn't a good wrestler, just saying i don't know that a good wrestler HAS to be the quick, bouncy, technical guy. If he's the strongest and can overcome other deficiencies with it, thats fine with me. Actually, i like watching smash mouth types of guys wrestle sometimes .... and no, heavyweights who slow dance with each other the whole match don't count as that !!