Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy

THE GREENWAVE!!!

Well clearly after yesterdays upset at North Hardin Inv. by Meade Co. this should be interesting where they will be ranked tournament wise now they have beaten Christian Co., North Hardin and Seneca all in one weekend. They should clearly be at least in the top 13 after all that and so should Christian Co. Meade Co. is way to underestimated. But thats just what I think I want to here what you guys think about this.

Meade co. has a decent Dual team, but do they have any guys that will place high when state roles around> because looking at the rankings they dont have a kid ranked top 10 in any weight class.

I would say they are top 20 in team duals and do well for a new team.  The trojan invitational wasn't what it had been in the past and I believe Seneca would have won it had there other three kids been there on time and made weigh-ins.  They lost a lot of team point without Poole, and the two Wrights.  One thing to take into consideration for this tournament is like Isaacs said, come state tournament time when all good kids are there they will have to come up and score some points.  One state champion can easily score more points than a team that takes 14 kids there and only win 8-10 matches.  Good luck next weekend though.

I would say they are top 20 in team duals and do well for a new team.  The trojan invitational wasn't what it had been in the past and I believe Seneca would have won it had there other three kids been there on time and made weigh-ins.  They lost a lot of team point without Poole, and the two Wrights.   One thing to take into consideration for this tournament is like Isaacs said, come state tournament time when all good kids are there they will have to come up and score some points.  One state champion can easily score more points than a team that takes 14 kids there and only win 8-10 matches.  Good luck next weekend though.

Congratulations to Meade for the team Win. They came to wrestle. I agree that our tournament was not as strong as in the past, and I agree that the outcome may have been different had seneca had the other wrestlers. In fact we were in the same boat as a team. we were missing Cody wood, Terrance Demery, and Justin Browder. A big loss of team point. Things happen and the Green Wave came to win. Great Job.

That's true Coach Smith I forgot about your kids missing, it would have been a different tournament for sure or if John Hardin had their "A" team there as well.

Congratulations to Meade for the team Win. They came to wrestle. I agree that our tournament was not as strong as in the past, and I agree that the outcome may have been different had seneca had the other wrestlers. In fact we were in the same boat as a team. we were missing Cody wood, Terrance Demery, and Justin Browder. A big loss of team point. Things happen and the Green Wave came to win. Great Job.

underestimating..ha well meade co. does such a good job overestimating themselves that we dont have say any thing about them, haha just kidding around. Meade has improved a lot in little time. so props for them.

I do agree with all of your statements, all I'm saying is I think we are underestimating Meade Co. a little.

As I've always been told: you wrestle the team you have, not the one you want ie.. injuries, sick, individual disclipline (missed weigh) grades, vacation, missed the bus, transferred or whatever other reason coaches or kids have for not participating.

Meade brought the kids they had available at the time and they won!

all THOSE OTHER TEAMS Shoulda, woulda, coulda but didn't  

The headline still reads Meade County wins its first wrestling Invitational in school history the North Hardin Trojan Invitational.

Not North

Not Seneca, Christian County nor John Hardin's B team

If John wanted to win they should have sent the other 8 varsity members instead of going to the Dragon.

If Larue would of went?

We can if this all night

CONGRADUATIONS to MEADE County

As I've always been told: you wrestle the team you have, not the one you want ie.. injuries, sick, individual disclipline (missed weigh) grades, vacation, missed the bus, transferred or whatever other reason coaches or kids have for not participating.

Meade brought the kids they had available at the time and they won!

all THOSE OTHER TEAMS Shoulda, woulda, coulda but didn't 

The headline still reads Meade County wins its first wrestling Invitational in school history the North Hardin Trojan Invitational.

Not North

Not Seneca, Christian County nor John Hardin's B team

If John wanted to win they should have sent the other 8 varsity members instead of going to the Dragon.

If Larue would of went?

We can if this all night

CONGRADUATIONS to MEADE County

Thats one way of putting it.

well all we do is to earn respect by working hard and doin wat we kno best"wrestling" but yea we get beat but we always jump back up and as u seen last year to this year we jump back pretty quickly. and good luck every one a state duals

Was very impressed with Meade County's win Saturday. And if Seneca had those other three wrestlers, or North Hardin wasn't missing any of its guys, Meade County would have had some stiff competition for the title.

Regardless of all that, though, it's a good win for Meade County heading into this weekend. Coach Davis has done a great job with the team in the two years ya'll have been together and I hope it keeps up.

well all we do is to earn respect by working hard and doin wat we kno best"wrestling" but yea we get beat but we always jump back up and as u seen last year to this year we jump back pretty quickly. and good luck every one a state duals

How are you in high school?