Sign in to follow this  
LC-112#

Toughest Region

I will fall back to my old stand by, points scored at the state tournament.  Every region gets the opportunity to send 56 kids to Frankfort with the same seeding.  Based on what I am predicting, I have to say Region 6 (return to power) with Region 7 close behind.  Right now I think those 2 are far ahead of the others.

Man Ranger, you could have let us argue about it before you told how it really is... :roll:

I'm not saying that is the final answer at all.  Others have some very good ways to evaluate the top regions.  If you go back to some old posts, especially after the state tournament, when they look at the number of placers and give points.  Plus, lots of people will criticize some of the points scored by guys like Coty Lewis in my rankings.

Region 6 because almost everyone there goes and wrestles up in ohio constantly. Do you ever see simion kenten, campbell co., and other teams. so that is what i think about this issue.

Region 6 because almost everyone there goes and wrestles up in ohio constantly. Do you ever see simion kenten, campbell co., and other teams. so that is what i think about this issue.

and it doesn't show a bit... :lol:

and it doesn't show a bit... :lol:

i'd have you know that CAmpbell county's great past and present is due to to the OHIO wrestling it is more competetive in OHIo it just seems like OhIo guys want it more then alot of Kentucky kids.  I am happy that we do go up to OHIO it dosen't leave many people in our history undefeated but it gets us the competetion to go deep into a state tournament...which is all that matters.

My Coach (Bankemper) asked Kyle Giffith what my record was last year and Kyle had no clue but when he asked him what i placed Kyle knew the answer...that jusat shows you Record means nothing only state matters well and regions

Looks like region 2 is going to be the top region this year, they will probably have a least 4 state champs in Johnson(JH130), Miller(LC135), Jones(NH189), and Bailey(FK285), along with alot of other placers just from John Hardin, North Hardin, and Larue County

Looks like region 2 is going to be the top region this year, they will probably have a least 4 state champs in Johnson(JH130), Miller(LC135), Jones(NH189), and Bailey(FK285), along with alot of other placers just from John Hardin, North Hardin, and Larue County

I will have to disagree with you on Jones being a state champ. He looked very sloppy and out of shape when I saw him.

I would have to say as far as individual talent goes, region 4 is at the top. Multiple opportunities for state champions from our region this year.

I went back and used another method.  First, I have to assume the rankings are accurate (of course they are).  Then I took the top 10 and assigned points (10 for #1, 9 for #2, ..., 1 for #10).  Based on that method here were the results:

Region 6 - 134 (89 from 145 through 285)

Region 7 - 120

Region 4 -  96

Region 1 -  96

Region 2 -  92

Region 8 -  92

Region 5 -  88

Region 3 -  52

wow, didn't think region 1 was that tough.

Well, Union gets a lot of points.  But I also think the other teams are starting to step it up.  Christian County and Henderson County have a number of good wrestlers.  And some of the newer teams are getting better, especially like Calloway County.

Why don't we have tournament and invite all the teams from all the regions, we could see who has the best team in the state. And what region is at the top. I need some help coming up with a name for it? OH Yea since it was my idea I get 1/2 the gate.

No we can't call it that, name already used (might get sued). I was thinking of The biggest, Baddest, In your Face Tournament in KY. I still get 1/2 the gate and maybe a slice of concessions.

Why don't we have tournament and invite all the teams from all the regions, we could see who has the best team in the state. And what region is at the top. I need some help coming up with a name for it? OH Yea since it was my idea I get 1/2 the gate.

i guess that regional duals and state duals mean nothing to you? and even if we did that, that still wouldnt decide the toughest region individually. so now that that idea is shot down...

One thing we could do is make a team of all the champions from each region (The runner-up could be a backup if the champs isn't available), and have a dual tournament.

thats closer to determining the better regionbut that doesn't prove depth, just that region ones top people are better than region twos, or so on. but i do like that idea, it sounds like fun.