Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 December 12

#27 Russel Nyitrai from Eastern dec. #13 Jared Smith from Ft. Campbell at the Armstrong Classic. And he is a 9th grader not a 12th greder

An I bet he spells better than a fifth grader. :evil:

Respectfully coach smith you where sitting right there behind me at the table. If you had any reason to doubt that you where getting cheated by 1min. you would had said something.

Glenn, you are correct. i did not see it or i would have said something. It was presented to me by a parent that had recorded the match. All is well. John hardin is a great dual team this year and i wish them the best at state duals. they will represent region 2 well. however as a coach and John Hardin being a rivel, i can only say "we'll be back" soon!!!! rebuilding is a bummer.

23   Har Co   Cody Ward   

22   And Co   Corey Vincent

Cody Ward almost teched this guy beat him 15-2 how is he ranked ahead?????

Because he is from Harrison County. :evil:

schneider got beaten by osbourne..

yeah osbourne bumped up and beat schnider in a match that i thought osbourne was stalling with the leg hooke how ever it happened caleb lost by one...then lonkard went against jeff weckbach and got pinned in the first i believe

Alex Murphy from JH is way over rated. He is very young and talented but should not be ranked anywhere close to 5th imo. He got a lot of hype for beating a very out of shape Fraser who is rusty and a little over rated himself. I expect great things of this kid in the future but i think he should be ranked 13th or lower after losing to Wood NH and a few others. I don't see him placing this year unless he makes huge improvements come feburary.

Alex Murphy from JH is way over rated. He is very young and talented but should not be ranked anywhere close to 5th imo. He got a lot of hype for beating a very out of shape Fraser who is rusty and a little over rated himself. I expect great things of this kid in the future but i think he should be ranked 13th or lower after losing to Wood NH and a few others. I don't see him placing this year unless he makes huge improvements come feburary.

I'm generally with you hawk.  But Fraser has been top 6 at 112 the last 2 years.  Overrated is not how I would describe him.  And as far as I can tell he has been wrestling all season so I can't imagine why he would be out of shape.  So I give Murphy credit for stepping it up and beating a good kid.  But you are right.  He is young and will have some ups and downs and for now should be a bit lower until he consistently beats the top kids.  But he could be a sleeper in February.

Thanks Ranger for giving some of these kids credit I guess people forget when good wrestlers may just be having an off day or make one simple slip up to lose the match I do believe Ross lost with only seconds when he let him get a reversal I wouldn't call him overated he has gotten 3MOW at tournaments I think Ross has proved himself as a good wrestler.  Not sure if anyone noticed Ross was not at the tournament the week before because he had strep throat and was out of school for 7 days and did not practice at all so I think he wrestled well for only having 2 days of practice before the dual.. sometimes i think these comments made on this site are so negative.. I think every kid that gets out there on the mat and wrestles is an oustanding kid this is a tough sport and I only wish evryone could be positive toward these kids yeah of course some kids are better then others but I think any kid that wrestles is great in my eyes..

FROG!!!!!

Cody Herald...Simon Kenton....119...you'll be seeing my name pretty soon, i hope. lol :-D

Will you beat Robbie Vaughn in wrestle-off on Wed. each week, he is cleared to wrestle

Will you beat Robbie Vaughn in wrestle-off on Wed. each week, he is cleared to wrestle

When was he released?  I heard that he would have to set out the entire season.  If he is released he was suppose to go 112.

Scotty Hogan is the wrestler for Henderson at 130 lbs. His only regular season loss comes from a Ravenwood Tenn. wrestler in the finals at the Orange and black. I believe he is 14-1. Bryce Alexander was handed his first loss of the season. After beating Luke Ervin in Union County, he lost by a close decision to Jake Skinner. Brandon Brack is at 140 and convincingly beat Christian County

So the loss to Matt Young, Union's JV 130, doesnt count on Scotty Hogan's record, since he did get pinned in 28 seconds according to the scorebook. If you dont count that loss then Bryce Alexanders victory over Ervin shouldn't count. Be fair colonelcoach. Just dont keep track of the wins.