Sign in to follow this  
Danger

Rumble in the Hive

Looks like it could be a good tournament with some pretty tough competition. Any predictions.

Teams:Central, DeSales, Doss, Fern Creek, Fort Knox, Holmes, North Hardin, PRP, Seneca, Shawnee

Man, we still have another weekend between now and then.  anything could happen in the next two weeks.  you should wait until next week to post this one.

I was told that this is a dual meet tournament in accuality, And that last year the pools of teams werent told to the coaches or even drawn until the day of the tournament itself. But maybe there still will be some good team pairings an well get to watch some good matches.

I was told that this is a dual meet tournament in accuality, And that last year the pools of teams werent told to the coaches or even drawn until the day of the tournament itself. But maybe there still will be some good team pairings an well get to watch some good matches.

I hadn't heard anything about it being a dual. That would be great if it was. Good chance for some of the younger guys to get some more matches in.

It is a dual tournament.  There will be 2 pools of 5 teams.  It will be a round robin.  Then the 1st place team finishers in each pool will square, the 2nd place teams will dual, etc.

It is a dual tournament.  There will be 2 pools of 5 teams.  It will be a round robin.  Then the 1st place team finishers in each pool will square, the 2nd place teams will dual, etc.

When are pools going to be determined? I assume sometime during the middle of next week?

I am not for sure when the pools will be determined.  Coach Founder is getting together line-ups from the participating teams' coaches now and will pair the pools up evenly based on the line-ups turned in to him.  I think he will also try to factor in which teams see each other multiple times in a year in order to get teams different competition.

that will be kind of difficult to do since most of the teams attending are jefferson county teams, but potentially there will be some nice match ups but who knows we still got 2 weeks to go who knows what will happen between now and then.

Pool A                        Pool B

Boone County              Fern Creek

Central                      Fort Knox

Doss                          PRP

DeSales                      Seneca

North Hardin                Shawnee

Pool A                        Pool B

Boone County              Fern Creek

Central                       Fort Knox

Doss                          PRP

DeSales                      Seneca

North Hardin                Shawnee

Pool B looks alot tougher: Creek, PRP, Seneca

From the line- ups given, the pools are actually pretty even.  Every team will have about 10- 12 wt. classes filled with about 3-4 standouts on most of the teams.  You also do not want a region 3 pool considering 4 teams are from that region.

From the line- ups given, the pools are actually pretty even.  Every team will have about 10- 12 wt. classes filled with about 3-4 standouts on most of the teams.  You also do not want a region 3 pool considering 4 teams are from that region.

Fair enough :-D, I didn't break down each weigh class by the ranking.  Yes, each program has there fair share of good wrestlers.

I just looked at the team names.

I know you put more time into this than pulling names out of a hat. :-D