Guest DAWG6

Dec. 22/23 Regional Duals @ Paul Dunbar

It seems to me that both Sanders and Ashbrook were ill. Sanders did not weigh in and Ashbrook did. Ashbrook bumped up for the team to try and win the dual.

I wouldn't think they would need to bump Ashbrook up againsts Lafayette to win the dual. As for a good match, I heard that he (Croomer) lost to Golsby by a pin at the Holmes duals. Ashbrook seems to be better than Golsby if he defeated Howard. Just my opinion though.

I also bellieve that Harrison could give Woodford a run, but not be able to defeat them. Harrison does have a few holes to fill, whereass Woodford has a solid team from top to bottom.

I think that everyone will be suprised this year with Harrison Co. at the state tourney. I also don't think Woodford will run away with it this year. They may still win but I don't think they will be more than 10 points over the second place finishing team.

you say woodford has a solid team from top to bottom...they are still missing two key wrestlers...140 and matt byrd at 215...also justin mays from woodford at 152 is improving very quickly...joe carr jr. has took him under his wing and is creating a monster...he's only a second year wrestler.

coomer from lafayette was beating goldsby with 1 minute left when goldsby hit a move and caught coomer on his back and pinned him with a second left, no matter how you look at it, ashbrook and coomer would have been a good match for both kids because win or loose it would not hurt them in regions because they will be at different weights

grappler,

IMO and as much as I hate to say it, no way anyone (including Larue) is within 10 pts of Woodford at state. You never know how the brackets will fall, but they could possibly put 8 guys in the finals.

grappler' date='

IMO and as much as I hate to say it, no way anyone (including Larue) is within 10 pts of Woodford at state. You never know how the brackets will fall, but they could possibly put 8 guys in the finals.[/quote']

The main word is could. IMO they only have one for sure (Starks).

103 they probably wont have one

112 Maybe, but I have to wait and see.

119 I don't think they will have a finalist

125 To many guys good wrestlers

130 nobody in the finals

135 Would need a really good draw

140 Nobody in the finals

145 Maybe their next best chance, but a stacked weight class, could place

1st to 6th.

152 Nobody in the finals

160 I think there are three people who could defeat Woodford here (3rd

best chance)

171 Maybe the weakest wt. class, anyone could make the finals here

189 Will be in finals.

215 Still needs to get healthy, and has missed most of the season.

Hwt In the big boy wt. class anything can happen, but I think he may be

4th best here.

In all honesty I believe they will get 3-4 in the finals. With only 1-2 chanps. What happens in the early rounds may hurt them. Woodford may be in the toughest region this year. Larue and Ryle will end up with several regional finalists if not thier entire team. This will lead to some easy 1st and 2nd round matches in state, for a lot of points.

I read your evaluation of the woodford team and what you expect their season outcomes to be...I offer you a wager...of your choice...I say 7 finalists and 5 champs and the closest team to them will be 4o pts away. Now what do you say..a friendly wager. Perhaps if i win you post nothing but positive remarks about woodford and if you win I'll try to find something positive to say about any other team in the state.

Both Parks brothers will be at the top of the podium in Feb!!! (right next to Starks, Courtney and Lewis) Whew 5 champs...we easily walked away w/ it w/ only two champs in '99.

Man, that is insane. You'd have fit in well on that 'Da Bears' skit on Saturday Night Live back in the day.

You're gonna just look past Scott, Warner and the rest like that at 125 ? Remember, Rusty took 5th last year and Parker pulled nothing out of his behind ... he smoked him. He can win it, but you act like its a sure thing after a 5th place finish. You think Shane Parks is gonna beat Sullivan ?

Lewis will win 112 no doubt, and Starks will win 189. You have no other locks than that. I said it, Courtney is not a lock though he's right there. I remember someone saying they didn't think Aylor and Wilson were that good, umm ... if i remember they were both in the state finals last year .. noticeably absent was Courtney. Throw in Josh Cooper and Banks for good measure, he's got nothing guaranteed.

I'll take that wager, the 7 finalists deal if its open to me. Although, if you research my posts you'll find good things i've said about Woodford and realize i've put together a realistic analysis and am not some clown with an agenda.

By the way, the team title is Woodford's ... but the 5 champ thing is out of hand.

Sure I'll take the wager, the only negative I spoke about WC was thier attitudes. You can talk negative or possitive about any team you want, I don't have a particular team I root for. I root for individuals only.

I do think WC will win the title, I just don't think as dominate as many believe they will. There are several teams with one or two top notch wrestlers that will knock several of the WC wrestlers down a couple of places. Top to bottom they will probably dominate the state duals and no-one will come close, but the state tourney could be another thing. If Byrd comes back in time and is at the top of his game that gives WC a huge boost.

The reason I state WC only has one lock is because I think this is their only lock as a state champ. Others may be the second best in their wt. class but they could meet the best before the finals. It all comes down to the bracket draws for many finalists.

It happened to

Thueneman at 125 last year (only lost to Scott)

Courtney at 130 (Only lost to Sanders)

Cooper at 145 (Only lost to Murton)

Mitchell at 160 (Only lost to Ervin)

Lageman at Hwt (Only lost to Clark)

The above won their regions and placed 3rd

others who could fall in this catagory

Voth 112 (placed third, lost to Wood at state, but was second to Lewis in

Region)

Walls 140 (placed third, lost to Aylor at state, but was third in his region)

Robinson 189 (placed third, lost to Starks, but was second to Orth in

region)

Perhaps if i win you post nothing but positive remarks about woodford and if you win I'll try to find something positive to say about any other team in the state.

The bold part I find interesting however.

I noticed that too. So i'll TRY to be frank here.

In another post i mentioned some of the NKY teams going to OH tourneys every weekend where they wrestle teams the equivalent of LaRue or Woodford. I didn't misstate it or stutter when i said the equivalent, and thats no insult those teams are just that good. They go to multiple different tourneys, they don't chase the same team around. So i guess what i'm saying is there are several teams i can name off the top of my head within half an hour of here that are on par or better than them. So keeping your successes, impressive as they are, in the proper perspective and saving the subtle snide remarks about the rest of the Ky teams might be something to consider.

I accept both of your bids and I am certain of my soon to come success. Enjoy the season.

not woodford99

You'd better give ol Rusty a pep talk after finishing behind Scott and Warner, you're straight sunk if he doesn't win. Actually you're already sunk, nobody is beating Sullivan. Remember our wager is 7 finalists AND 5 champs, if either fails to happen you lose stud. You'd look really foolish if Courtney doesn't come through either.

not not woodford99

I read your evaluation of the woodford team and what you expect their season outcomes to be...I offer you a wager...of your choice...I say 7 finalists and 5 champs and the closest team to them will be 4o pts away. Now what do you say..a friendly wager. Perhaps if i win you post nothing but positive remarks about woodford and if you win I'll try to find something positive to say about any other team in the state.

Both Parks brothers will be at the top of the podium in Feb!!! (right next to Starks' date=' Courtney and Lewis) Whew 5 champs...we easily walked away w/ it w/ only two champs in '99.[/quote']

Well Mr. L.

You came extremely close in your call. However the one part that I was sure would not happen (7 finalists) did not happen.

As per our wager that's up to you. I don't have a team that I would like for you to speak positive of. I personally would just prefer that you speak favorably about Ky wrestling, not just Woodford Co.

Woodfords horses pulled it off. I knew thier 7 studs would pull them to the top, their supporting staff however did not pull many upsets. Larue and Company also did not pull the upsets.

I think many of the smaller schools stole the show this year. Southern, Bullit Central, Montgomery Co. Nelson Co., and McCreary Central. Many of the teams that are not usually at the top had successful days. I tip my hat to those small programs and teams that have not bowed to the superiority of Woodford, Larue, Campbell, Trinity, South Oldham, and came to the tourney with their heads high and determination and showed the big dogs that they can compete also.

Signed

the Ancient one

Hoping for another 25 years of watching the state tourney