Sign in to follow this  
legrider123

Agreed, and that Goldsby match was close because he got to fooling around taking him down and letting him up. Goldsby hit him with a headlock the same way Derek Scott did last year at state. You don't fool around with a wrestler like Goldsby when you're winning, and i've never been a big fan of letting a guy up after taking him down. Unless he's statuing and doing nothing on bottom ... in that situation a metaphorical slap in the face never hurts. Even if the intent is to practice takedowns and not to insult by letting the guy up, its still embarrassing. At least i saw it that back when i wrestled, not that i ever had THAT happen to me :oops:.

Evan Smith from Larue should be ranked, he beat Spalding 8-3 and has only lost one match this year and it was because of a bad call, the ref called him spot pinned, and it was the first tourney the ref had ever reffed at.

Goldsby is a good wrestler. He will be tough this year at 140 if he stays there, he has only lost a couple of times to Thuenamen 13-11 and Sanders 10-1. I look for him to do well this year.

bulldog103 - i agree with you, golsby is a tough wrestler. do you know if he's planning on dropping? you mentioned "if he stays there"...does he have an option of dropping to 135? surely he wouldn't bump up to 145!!!

Looks like sanders and Golsby need a third match then. I thought Golsby dominated the 1st match and then ran out of gas to allow Sanders to come back.

Is Sanders that much better than Ross? Seems Ross lost several times to Golsby last year.

Golsby is very, very strong, but sometimes makes foolish mistakes, especially early in the season. Holmes kids usually only wrestle during the HS season, so they don't start fine tuned. Golsby will have his game tightened up come regionals.

Holmes has typically been better conditioned than other teams, so their wrestlers were particularly tough in the 3rd period. This year it looks like the Dawgs are tuckering out late in the match.

Matt Mines is staying 140; he is 15-1 with one lost to a kid from Soddy Daisy in Chattanooga(Tennesee rank wrestler). He hasnt had many matches this year; new coach they havnt been on the mat much. I meant they have had many meets and he had ACT. But his season is about to pick up with some tuff invitation. He just finish Father Ryan where he had his first loss. He will see this kid again this weekend and Matt has never lost to the same kid twice; Well since Slappy from Christian Co, when Matt was in the 8th grade. I believe Matt will make the show this year.

Golsby is a good wrestler but I dont see him taking top 3 this year.....35 and 40 are looking pretty tough and you never what could happen or who may choke, come crunch time. :x :x

Golsby is a good wrestler but I dont see him taking top 3 this year.....35 and 40 are looking pretty tough and you never what could happen or who may choke' date=' come crunch time. :x :x[/quote']

Even though he finished fifth last year?