Sign in to follow this  
Mat_Wrestler

Rankings

A lot of bold statements there...there just rankings its not like because on paper they say there better so they are...people worry too much about rankings

Yes, lots of bold statements.  Where do I start; why not the top...

103 - please explain.  Kincer finished higher at region (I'm guessing he beat him in semis) and advanced farther at state.

112 - again please explain.  I think these guys are pretty close.

119 - go ahead and make your bets based on results from the BGSG; I'll take those bets all day.  That was a prime example of a kid way out of shape stepping on the mat against a very good opponent in top shape (proven by Zarth's earlier match with Miller).  I agree that Martin has something to prove when he steps up in weight, but the kid has been working hard and will be near the top.

125 - Evans was very inconsistent last year, but stepped up his game when it matters most.  That earned a lot of points with me.  I don't recall Bontrager being at BGSG.

135 - he cut down to 130 last year; he has done a lot of wrestling this summer and will be tough to handle.

140 - Ervin has been 3rd two years in a row.  I know Miller had a great season last year, but will not have the same guys around him to push him this season; still has to prove it at the big show.

160 - I hope your not Sheehan's lawyer, it's usually not good to tell about a killing prior to the act.  We'll have to wait and see.

Yes, lots of bold statements.  Where do I start; why not the top...

103 - please explain.  Kincer finished higher at region (I'm guessing he beat him in semis) and advanced farther at state.

112 - again please explain.  I think these guys are pretty close.

119 - go ahead and make your bets based on results from the BGSG; I'll take those bets all day.  That was a prime example of a kid way out of shape stepping on the mat against a very good opponent in top shape (proven by Zarth's earlier match with Miller).  I agree that Martin has something to prove when he steps up in weight, but the kid has been working hard and will be near the top.

125 - Evans was very inconsistent last year, but stepped up his game when it matters most.  That earned a lot of points with me.  I don't recall Bontrager being at BGSG.

135 - he cut down to 130 last year; he has done a lot of wrestling this summer and will be tough to handle.

140 - Ervin has been 3rd two years in a row.  I know Miller had a great season last year, but will not have the same guys around him to push him this season; still has to prove it at the big show.

160 - I hope your not Sheehan's lawyer, it's usually not good to tell about a killing prior to the act.  We'll have to wait and see.

lol i like the 160 comment and unless Bontrager was wrestling above 135 he definitially wasnt at BGSG

lol i like the 160 comment and unless Bontrager was wrestling above 135 he definitially wasnt at BGSG

He wasnt there. I live around that area i would've known.

I agree that Isaac Ervin is a very talented wrestler I just wonder if he is strong enough to wrestle at 140.

Matt Miller is very tough as well but I agree he has to to something in the post season not just the regular season. Have you noticed how alot of Larue wrestlers have great regular seasons get ranked very high and then choke at state. I mean no disrespect wondering why that is they have a great team and they always score alot of points at state. But they never seem to as many placers as they should

Have you noticed how alot of Larue wrestlers have great regular seasons get ranked very high and then choke at state. I mean no disrespect wondering why that is they have a great team and they always score alot of points at state. But they never seem to as many placers as they should

I have made similar statements in the past.  It goes back to my old argument of they wrestle as a team.  They concentrate in the team and not as much on the individual.  When this happens you rise and fall with the team.  When you start worrying about how many team points you need as a team to pass the team in front of you, you lose focus of the match ahead of you. 

I've heard this said before by wrestling coaches. "Worry about number 1 (yourself) but don't forget about numbers 2 thru 13 (the rest of your team).  MORAL If you concentrate on yourself the most and then help out the rest of the team when you can, everything will fall into place.

someone to think about at 119 is also corey spencer he lost 2-1 to evans when i saw them at regions on a very questionable call and i think he is better then zarth buit i would have to say that daniels is the guy to beat at 119