Sign in to follow this  
thomam

Moore Conditioning Video makes Video Clip of the Week on Wrestlingassistant.com

Awesome Mike,  To bad there aren't more young innovative coaches like you around Jefferson County.

It's really unfair that schools like Valley, PRP, J-Town, Western and Atherton can't find a coach who is as dedicated as coach Thomas,  until that happens none of these schools will ever reach their potential.  Hell, I think that J-Town and Atherton have just given up and thrown in the towel, maybe Western too.  We sure could use more Mike Thomas's.

Thanks for the compliment Coach. It's a love for the school I guess. I basically have no life outside of Moore, haha. It's homecoming day and I'm wearing my old football jersey. Lame? There is great potential in these programs. The best coach for a program most of the time is a coach that actually came from the program. Me being from Moore and being on a team with around 5 a year and not a single garment that said Moore wrestling on it, I had to give these guys everything I didn't get when I was here. I'm reliving what could have been through them I guess.

Coach Founder from Central has also done a wonderful job going back to his alma mater and I'm sure that Coach Tichenor at Fern Creek will keep them up for awhile. Not to mention all the other coaches around that have gone back to their schools.

I'm glad that your school has finally realized that you were the best man for the job all along. I look forward to seeing good KCD teams like in the past.

Thanks for the compliment Coach. It's a love for the school I guess. I basically have no life outside of Moore, haha. It's homecoming day and I'm wearing my old football jersey. Lame? There is great potential in these programs. The best coach for a program most of the time is a coach that actually came from the program. Me being from Moore and being on a team with around 5 a year and not a single garment that said Moore wrestling on it, I had to give these guys everything I didn't get when I was here. I'm reliving what could have been through them I guess.

Coach Founder from Central has also done a wonderful job going back to his alma mater and I'm sure that Coach Tichenor at Fern Creek will keep them up for awhile. Not to mention all the other coaches around that have gone back to their schools.

I'm glad that your school has finally realized that you were the best man for the job all along. I look forward to seeing good KCD teams like in the past.

You right Mike, how could I forget about Coach Founder, I sure that program would be in shambles without him.  But I hope Tichenor runs Fern Creek in the ground, I 'm tired of that team beating up on my kids  ---  just kidding, he's already off to a good start and will only add to Fern Creeks outstanding wrestling tradition.

Maybe that's what it comes down to, a love for the school that makes us put our team as such a high priory in our lives.  Until I took over at KCD we had five coaches in six years, it's impossible to build any momentum with a new guy changing things every year.  We should have 12 Varsity wrestlers this year which is the best turnout since the 80's.  I'll have a lot of rookies so give us a couple of years and we will be challenging for a regional trophy.  I didn't go to KCD but my kids do and it's where my family spends most of its free time, and all of my money, so yeah I love the place and plan to be around until they run me off.

Thank you both for the compliment Coaches.  I think every Coach that is coaching for their alma mater is there for a reason.  Nobody knows the trials and tribulations that some of the lesser known programs have to go through to get where they are at.  Although I had good Coaches when I went to Central, I to like Mike want to give my wrestlers all that I did not get.  Programs always work best when you start getting wrestlers that love the sport as much as you do.  Best wishes and much success.

I watched the 06-07 highlight videos 1 and 2. Did anybody else find it weird that the both of the videos add up to exactly 20 minutes??? weird