Sign in to follow this  
I-pinned-em-all

4 undefeated state champs, 3 weight groups

If I am not mistaken, Wolseifer, Mitch Irvin, Courtney, and Mason Reid were all undefeated in Ky last year. Which one will not successfully defend their state title?

All of them are studs, but there are only 3 weight groups for them to fill.

Wolseifer, in my opinion, is unbeatable. The kid has icewater for blood. He's cool, decisive, aggressive, technical, and smart. I find him the most entertaining to watch wrestle. The 160 title is his. Everyone will avoid him at state time.

Courtney will take the 152 title if he wants to drop or the 171 title if he wants to stay his current weight. Mason Reid is tough but just not in the same league as Harrison. When Harrison won state as a Freshman, he was in the toughest wt group that year. He beat the defending state champ, Aylor, and beat Banks in the finals. That weight group had Mitch Irvin, Brian Wilson(state runner up) in it also. Harrison is one the very finest wrestlers Ky has ever had, in my opinion. Personally, I think he should stay at 171. I don't see Harrison wanting to challenge Wolseifer in the state meet, maybe during the season, but not for state.

Mitch Irvin is a great wrestler, I think his record last year was 53-0. I just don't think he will beat Wolseifer or Courtney.

Reid is a tough kid, also undefeated in Ky last year. He is deceptively strong and probably the best all around athlete of the 4 wrestlers. I just can't see him beating Harrison. So I believe it all depends on where Harrison goes.

The way I see it Courtney will decide where everyone else goes.  He is the one who will not be defeated. 

Reid may be the one on the outside looking in and not repeat.  I see him as the weak link.  But he has the advantage of being in the highest wt. class. 

I think the wrestler with (as IPEA says) icewater in his veins is Ervin.  He went into the finals match with Banks not just trying to win but to pin him.  He was able to turn the "invincible" Banks and try for a pin. He also let Golsby up with the score tied with 30 seconds left in the match to go down by one.  (now there are some "kahunas")

Wolsiefer is the wild card in my book.  I was not impressed with his showing at the state tourney last year.  He will have a new coach, and be the leader of a team that was in turmoil last year.  He has the strength, speed and ability to defend, but I'm not 100% convinced he can defeat Courtney or Ervin, or maybe even Reid. 

What happens if they all move up 1 wt. class?   

152 Courney

160 Ervin

171 Wolsiefer

189 Reid.

if harrison stays at 171 he not only has to beat reid but hitchings.

hitchings spanked courtny at state games bad.

he should just go to 152

I'm still not convinced with this match.  Out of season, nothing for Courtney to prove, Everything for hitchings to prove. 

I would like to see this match they are two wrestlers with the same strengths and weaknesses.

Both average offensively on their feet and great defensively on their feet.

Both average on bottom but great on top. 

152 Courtney

160 Wolsiefer

171 Ried

Ervin picks his poison 152 or 160. Wolsiefer wont lose a match nomatter who goes 160. Rieds best chance is at 171.  Look for Hitchings to really push who ever is in his weight class.

I'm still not convinced with this match.  Out of season, nothing for Courtney to prove, Everything for hitchings to prove. 

I would like to see this match they are two wrestlers with the same strengths and weaknesses.

Both average offensively on their feet and great defensively on their feet.

Both average on bottom but great on top. 

\

whe he's is shape and not down by 20 lbs he can get away from anybody he wants to, I watched him do it to the best at nationals without trying. And Hitchings and Courtney are both a little better than average on their feet in my opinion.

I think Harrison and Mitch will be in the finals with a very close match with Harrison winning, maybe even in overtime?

Wolsifier won't be touched. He's extremely strong, extremely fast and agressive.

Reid is a very deceptive wrestler. He's one of those guys that until you wrestle him it's SO hard to expect what he is really capable of. He's deceptively strong and suprisingly the fastest wrestler I wrestled last year, minus Wolsifier in practice.