ftknox

WCI

Not to discount their chances this year (though I think Woodford will be unstoppable in February) he may have his best opportunity for that team title next year.

Not to discount their chances this year (though I think Woodford will be unstoppable in February) he may have his best opportunity for that team title next year.

I agree Ranger, I just think the deck is stacked a little too much in their favor this year but I will say they won't have five or seven or however many finalists that one guy said they would (that was the same talk last year). LC will be loaded with seniors next year much like South Oldham a couple of years ago so it remains to be seen. Having such a small student body hurts us when trying to fill all of the weight classes with quality people. This does not happen as much at the larger schools especially those with some tradition like Woodford, St X, Trinity etc... Also, Eddie Paden may have his best group of middle schoolers to date as far as athleticism goes, now if we can just keep them involved. And on another note...keep up the good work on the rankings, I enjoy them even tho they are about useless in the real scheme of things, but they at least give is a measuring stick.

Jerod Trice from Hoptown won 145 as a freshman in 88.

Now that is blast from the past. Jerod Trice was a Machine. This kid did whatever he wanted to whomever he wanted to.

What happened to this kid? I think I heard he transferred to Shawnee and refussed to wrestle for the team. Does anyone know the scoop on this?

Hop-town had some tough kids back in the 80's. But it seemed something always happened to someone on the team, injury, quit the team, I think one or two even died before graduating.

The story I heard on Trice was he won state his Fr & So years, his Jr year, he got shot in the stomach....and could no longer wrestle. I was talking to someone who said they seen him (even after the surgery) put a clinic on Ken Chertow down at the state tournament! I mean like majored him...granted, Ken's smaller, but still Jerod was a h.s. kid with some bullet holes in his abdomen. That's from an eye witness who will remain annonymous! Trice could have been a major force on the national scene in my opinion.

Trice was a great wrestler. We wrestled together after our senior year in some freestyle tourneys(Martinsville,In. and one in Huntington,WV) and he was fun to watch, just a great athlete.

He told me the reason he didn't wrestle for Shawnee was that he wouldn't wrestle for any coach but coach Ploesser.

Also, Jerod placed 5th as an 8th grader in '87 and won in '88 and

'89(MOW).

Trice was a great wrestler. We wrestled together after our senior year in some freestyle tourneys(Martinsville' date='In. and one in Huntington,WV) and he was fun to watch, just a great athlete.

He told me the reason he didn't wrestle for Shawnee was that he wouldn't wrestle for any coach but coach Ploesser.

Also, Jerod placed 5th as an 8th grader in '87 and won in '88 and

'89(MOW).[/quote']

This was the story I had heard. Wasn't the wreslter that got shot in the stomach Andre Gray???

This is what I've been told by Coach Ploesser a couple of yrs. ago at the Christian Co. tourney. Andre Gray was playing with a gun and it went off

and killed him. I didn't know at the time because I used to talk to Andre at tourneys in high school and it looked like it really hurt Ploesser to talk about the past. Andre was a great kid.

Trice was shot after a dispute.That much I know for sure, don't want to say any details that I'm unsure of.

I'm sorry this is off the subject of the original topic, but I wanted possibly

answer a couple of questions about 2 good Hoptown kids.