Sign in to follow this  
plee

State tourney location

2 or 3 days are not the real issue.  The real issue has been argued to death and will continue to be argued. 

The real issue is it should not be a 32 man bracket.

2 or 3 days are not the real issue.  The real issue has been argued to death and will continue to be argued. 

The real issue is is should not be a 32 man bracket.

Come on bulldog.  Let's skip region and just send everyone to frankfort for the entire week.  We should even allow multiple entries per weight per team just to make it even more interesting.  Maybe we will impose a 20 entry limit per team.  And since we aren't holding a regional tournament we could spend the prior weekend fighting through the seeding meeting.  We could probably even sell tickets to that and make a boatload of money to pay for everyone's hotel bill.

Certainly, PLee, if allowed,  could run the tournament better than everyone else, lol. 

Ok, I'll take the bait.  Yes, I think I could improve this....

1) Make it a weeklong wrestling festival....including a grapple card game trade show on 1 of the days

2) A 20 minute line dancing session between each round....not just before the finals.  (LOVE to watch the Larue, Union, & Woodford moms dancing to YMCA before the finals....don't act like you don't like that)

3) Sand from wall to wall, i know a good sand guy, we'll get it at cost (or foam or whatever, you understand what I'm talking about)

4) Intermittent power outages...I'm good for this, I've successfully blown the power at TWO...count em TWO tournaments...and they went ok.  Think about it...the X factor....you're wrestling in the 2nd round...up by 5, on your feet, and BAM....total darkness....then we'll see who's got the eye of the tiger.

5) And the best suggestion i have, is there would be an entire wing at the Capital Plaza hotel where all the parents & coaches can go hang out after the finals with no kids.  The whole year is all about the kids, after the finals....the parents need to relax and celebrate!!

Boo-yah!!  What do you think I-pinned-em-all?

And since we aren't holding a regional tournament we could spend the prior weekend fighting through the seeding meeting.  We could probably even sell tickets to that and make a boatload of money to pay for everyone's hotel bill.

To make the meetings even more interesting we can bring in special guest coach's Dave Madding and Billy Boyle.  And I'm sure we can get Coach Dingus to help mediate.

To make the meetings even more interesting we can bring in special quest coach's Dave Madding and Billy Boyle.  And I'm sure we can get Coach Dingus to help mediate.

Hey now!!  Bill Boyle was a resonable level headed guy....if they argued, it was definitely Madding's fault!  :-D

PLee, I like your style. But no matter how much fun it is and how well organized, we must give suggestions on how to make it better for the following year! I suggest line dancing the first night and a strobe light and mud pit for the last night followed by....nevermind!

Hey now!!  Bill Boyle was a resonable level headed guy....if they argued, it was definitely Madding's fault!   :-D

What about when they wanted to take it ouside to the parking lot?  Shoot they even pulled me into that one, and I was an extremely young pup back then.  :-D :evil:

Now we're talking.  plee, you've got the right guy, just talk to pinned-em-all.  He'll take care of you at the Capital Plaza.  And the lights, you are good at that one.  But I have to say that I have fans lose control for much less than that and you guys handled the situation very well.

Hey Bulldog, Rick Dingus would jump right in there with the best of them.  By the way, I would count him as one of the most underrated coaches in KY history.

I personally don't count him as underrated.  (I know what he did and probably still could do)

Maybe the greatest guy you can meet, but was a bulldog(had to put that one in) on the side of the mat.  I keep trying to coax him out of retirement every time I see him.  I think he is having to much fun fishing.

I personally don't count him as underrated.  (I know what he did and probably still could do)

Maybe the greatest guy you can meet, but was a bulldog(had to put that one in) on the side of the mat.  I keep trying to coax him out of retirement every time I see him.  I think he is having to much fun fishing.

I say very much underrated for 2 reasons:

1) the school that he put on the map doesn't even give him the credit he deserves so that team doesn't recognize what he did (and continued to do after retiring) to build that program

2) he could never win the big one; or his wrestlers.  And I'm not putting them down because I couldn't do it either.  But I think not having that title doesn't get him the recognition around the state

All I know is that I give him the credit for most of my 127 high school wins.

Back to the topic ...  So plee are you contacting Julian Tackett to set up the square dancing and jello wrestling during intermissions?

What about when they wanted to take it ouside to the parking lot?  Shoot they even pulled me into that one, and I was an extremely young pup back then.  :-D :evil:

Sometimes that's what it took to put Mad dog in check.  I hear he was tenacious at arguing at seeding meetings.

Now we're talking.  plee, you've got the right guy, just talk to pinned-em-all.  He'll take care of you at the Capital Plaza.  And the lights, you are good at that one.  But I have to say that I have fans lose control for much less than that and you guys handled the situation very well.

Hey Bulldog, Rick Dingus would jump right in there with the best of them.  By the way, I would count him as one of the most underrated coaches in KY history.

Hehe...yea, "Does anyone have a flashlight or extra cell phone to shed some lights on the brackets!!?"  Man, it doesn't get any better than this sport.  I'll see what I can do on the lights...i haven't had much luck with Julian about anything, so i doubt we'll see random blackouts this year.