Sign in to follow this  
chapper88

ok so i just found out Jacob Murton is gunna go 141 next year for campbellsville. What if Jacob Murton and Kyle Ruschell ahd to wrestle each other at a tournament. Who would win?

what happened to Flake? Unless Flake goes up to 149 Murton will not start in the line-up

I would guess that Flake is going 149, but you also have to remember that in NAIA you can take 12 people to compete at nationals.  Flake may weigh in at 141 and bump to 149 for duals, but wrestle 141 at nationals and other tournaments.  I don't know about Murton vs. Ruschell, but I'd like to see Flake vs. Ruschell.

I think the way Kyle stepped it up this past season speaks for itself.  I go with Ruschell.  And I too would like to see Ruschell and Flake.

Really it all depends on how they match up against one another, but ruschell is proven against D1 opponents and Murton took third in a mediokre (not sure of spelling) weight class at best in NAIA. I am not downing NAIA because there are obviously wrestlers in this division that can wrestle with anyone. What I am saying is it all depends on the line-up and for now Ruschell wins on expereince alone. I agree with the Flake vs Ruschell match or Cooper vs Ruschell.

Newsflash!!! Jacob Murton is better than Flake. If you have seen them wrestle each other at camps you would know that. Remember Flake has been out of high school for about 4 years. Jacob was a true freshman last year. He will be unstoppable at whatever weight he goes this year and can compete with wrestlers from any division. If jacob is going 141 look for flake to go 149 and cambellsville to be very good. As far as Jacob or Flake vs. Rushell. those would all be good matches and I don't think there would be any tech falling by anyone. All very very good wrestlers that could beat each other depending on the day.

I bet these two would split about 5-5 out of 10, take in mind that Murton majored the eventual National Champ at 135lbs at the Beast. He could of easily went D1 and started

Yea, i agree Murton is tough, but comparing what they did at h.s. tournaments isn't that relevant.  What Kyle has done in college by far overshadows what he did in h.s.  And Kyle had an outstanding h.s. career as well.  I have no doubt in my mind Kyle will be a D1 AA, probably multiple...and maybe a national champ.  You can just see how much he still loves wrestling and still works hard.  As far as a prediction of what he would do against Jacob Murton, I think it wouldn't be a tech fall or pin...it might even be fairly close.  But out of 10 matches, i would go with Kyle 10 out of 10.  I don't think Murton would ever beat him, but he may have some close ones.  Flake would be even closer.  But again, i'd say out of 10 matches, Kyle wins 8 or 9 of those.  But what the heck...they're all college wrestlers from Ky (or near by) someone get them together at an open mat and let's see.  We could probably charge admission!!

Newsflash!!! Jacob Murton is better than Flake. If you have seen them wrestle each other at camps you would know that. Remember Flake has been out of high school for about 4 years. Jacob was a true freshman last year. He will be unstoppable at whatever weight he goes this year and can compete with wrestlers from any division. If jacob is going 141 look for flake to go 149 and cambellsville to be very good. As far as Jacob or Flake vs. Rushell. those would all be good matches and I don't think there would be any tech falling by anyone. All very very good wrestlers that could beat each other depending on the day.

wow, i seen them at camps, and i never got the impression Murton is better than Flake.  I never honestly seen them wrestle live head to head, but watching them against common opponents, Flake seemed better.  Have you actually seen Murton and Flake wrestle live?  That would be surprising to me that Murton is better than Flake.  No disrespect intended to Murton, but Flake is an animal!!

Here is what I have seen. Flake beat Cooper 3 out of five times and Cooper would have tech falled anybody in the 133 pound weight class hince the number four ranked kid at 133lbs in the nation bumping up at nationals and Cooper Teched him in the second round of the tournament. I think on top Murton is tough but on their feet Flake would destroy Murton. I know you have your pride because Murton is from KY and probably beat you sometime in his career but he is no Flake or Ruschell or Burk Barnes who easily put him away in the semis at nationals, or Miller who stuck Barnes in the finals. I would not pay to see the matches but if they are going to happen I would waste some gas money to come and watch. Campbelsville and Cumberlands camp are both coming up I am sure we could get them to one of these places. How about guys?

Here is what I have seen. Flake beat Cooper 3 out of five times and Cooper would have tech falled anybody in the 133 pound weight class hince the number four ranked kid at 133lbs in the nation bumping up at nationals and Cooper Teched him in the second round of the tournament. I think on top Murton is tough but on their feet Flake would destroy Murton. I know you have your pride because Murton is from KY and probably beat you sometime in his career but he is no Flake or Ruschell or Burk Barnes who easily put him away in the semis at nationals, or Miller who stuck Barnes in the finals. I would not pay to see the matches but if they are going to happen I would waste some gas money to come and watch. Campbelsville and Cumberlands camp are both coming up I am sure we could get them to one of these places. How about guys?

don't let the name fool you, i have no pride.  :-D

that's what i figured too, flake would be better on his feet than murton.  i also believe brad cooper teched jacob murton.  might have been a bad day for murton and murton has no doubt improved a lot since then.  but i just can't believe murton could beat flake.  and i can't believe either of them could beat Kyle.  maybe like 1 out of 10 times.  but not consistently.  i got his big 10 matches on dvr, it's hard to believe a wrestler that good came from Kentucky.

WOW, you guys are a long ways off when talking about Jacob. I've seen Jac and Flake wrestle many times and they are pretty close. Jac is no slouch on his feet I think the because he is so good on top people under estimate his ability to take people down (includung Flake). FYI burke barnes beat jacob on a questionalabilty DEFENSIVE pin call. What ever weight he goes next year he will win it.

From an insiders prospective he deserves more respect than he is getting on this board

This is how it goes no matter how close the matches are.

1. Ruschell

2. Flake

3. Cooper

4. Murton

There's no doubt about it... all of them are phenom's. And I respect all of them. Incase some of you didnt know this..

Kyle beat Alex Tsirtsis who is a 4 time undefeated state champ from Indiana. And he lost, but gave up a good fight to Lang

in the Big Ten finals, and Lang is a 4 time Ohio state champ. Theres no doubt who would win between Ruschell and any of

them, Ruschell is on a different level. It shouldnt even be a discussion. But Flake, Cooper, and Murton is a different story.

Those 3 are all pretty close. But I would still say Cooper would beat Murton by atleast a major, and Flake would beat Cooper

and Murton.

This is how it goes no matter how close the matches are.

1. Ruschell

2. Flake

3. Cooper

4. Murton

There's no doubt about it... all of them are phenom's. And I respect all of them. Incase some of you didnt know this..

Kyle beat Alex Tsirtsis who is a 4 time undefeated state champ from Indiana, and he lost, but gave up a good fight to Lang

in the Big Ten finals, and Lang is a 4 time Ohio state champ. Theres no doubt who would win between Ruschell and any of

them, Ruschell is on a different level. It shouldnt even be a discussion. But Flake, Cooper, and Murton is a different story.

I totally agree with this statment but just for some other peoples info Zach Flake took second at the high school senior nationals, was a national champ in JUCCO and now is a national champ in NAIA losing only twice to Cooper both times. 

Those 3 are all pretty close. But I would still say Cooper would beat Murton by atleast a major.

A match between Murton and Ruschell would be very close.  I also think Cooper would also give them a tough match.

There is a way for this discussion to be settled.  I know that some of you out there must know all three (Murton, Ruschell, and Cooper).  The State Games are on July 28.  Convince them to wrestle in the games.  These matches can be featured to draw more people which may help the sport in Kentucky.  If I knew any of them I would be asking them but I don't.

Kyle beat Alex Tsirtsis who is a 4 time undefeated state champ from Indiana. And he lost, but gave up a good fight to Lang

in the Big Ten finals, and Lang is a 4 time Ohio state champ.

and Murton.

Lowsingle,

Another tie-in among these guys. Did you know Lang(Sr.) beat Flake(Jr.) in the Ohio state finals.