Sign in to follow this  
Danger

Some Takedowns from FS state tourny

Videos. Wrestled with a hurt ankle but got 1st. Here are some of the takedowns from some of my matches:

Nice outside trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYt-wGhFCFE

Inside trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltC8-bKlOUY

Tired double leg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLXJpL_4hVg

Another inside trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5MH5EFvBZo

Very tired single leg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0MhPRWIMas

Trip attempt to duck and cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8vJqQ0TX4

Pop out to sloppy wing and wrist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW9jAsbNdEo

Umm You should keep a better stance, and  be more agressive in the ty ups. Also  don't be so cocky because you arn't that good yet. On your inside trips make sure your head is below his hand to crossface or underhook you. Also on your double leg clip don;t do those little crap shots because a good wrestler will snap a front headlock on you real quick!

Umm You should keep a better stance, and  be more agressive in the ty ups. Also  don't be so cocky because you arn't that good yet. On your inside trips make sure your head is below his hand to crossface or underhook you. Also on your double leg clip don;t do those little crap shots because a good wrestler will snap a front headlock on you real quick!

I know. There is no cockyness. I don't want to come off that way. I wrestled lazy and will admit it. lol. I didn't keep a stance because my ankle would hurt after so long. That's also why I wasn't being so crazy in the tie-up. That weird little sway I did in the double leg clip pretty much ended all my quick movement and stiffened up my ankle. Believe me, I know that wasn't a good example of form/technique. Just thought i'd put them up for whoever wanted to watch.

And, if you want to lend any advice, give me some feedback on the actual execution of the moves the videos are listed under. The match was wrestled with minimal effort and lazyness. I didn't think the outside trip, first inside trip, or double leg were to sloppy in actual execution. If you have any pointers or tips I would appreciate it. That's why I had these taken in the first  place. Thanks.

In general try to be a little more crisp in the execution of your moves.  PATRIOT165 was right about the stance, you'll get eaten up against somebody good.

Don't rely on those trips all the time, they're 50/50 moves against a good kid.  On the double leg, try and be a little more powerful when you hit him with your shoulder and pull his legs to you as you continue moving forward on the finish.  Turn the corner only after you have tried to go through him or come up strong to the side.  I realize your ankle was hurt but it didn't look like it was that hard to finish.

On your fakes enter his zone and make him react to set up something else.  But you have to immediately hit the next move or the fake is for nothing.  Work on the transition from a fake to a shot in practice until your comfortable with it.  After shooting you have to make the split-second decision whether to finish strong or withdraw.  Whichever you choose do it hard and fast.  If you just sit there your opponent while almost always score, especially in freestyle.

In par terre there was no gut wrench and the ankle lace was weak.  Ankle laces have to be tight.  Also when you're trying to turn him go towards his head; roll him up on it.  Do the same thing on gut wrenches.

You would be wise to work on these moves and develop a variety of setups to each of them.  Work on your single leg or develop a high crotch and setups for it as well.  After you're comfortable with all these in good competition take on another couple of moves and perfect them and so on.  The key to developing moves is drilling, I know it's a pain but it works.  In both practice and competition go as hard as you can; conditioning is often the deciding factor between two equally matched competitors.  As always wrestle as much as you can throughout the year.  Good luck.

In general try to be a little more crisp in the execution of your moves.  PATRIOT165 was right about the stance, you'll get eaten up against somebody good.

Don't rely on those trips all the time, they're 50/50 moves against a good kid.  On the double leg, try and be a little more powerful when you hit him with your shoulder and pull his legs to you as you continue moving forward on the finish.  Turn the corner only after you have tried to go through him or come up strong to the side.  I realize your ankle was hurt but it didn't look like it was that hard to finish.

On your fakes enter his zone and make him react to set up something else.  But you have to immediately hit the next move or the fake is for nothing.  Work on the transition from a fake to a shot in practice until your comfortable with it.  After shooting you have to make the split-second decision whether to finish strong or withdraw.  Whichever you choose do it hard and fast.  If you just sit there your opponent while almost always score, especially in freestyle.

In par terre there was no gut wrench and the ankle lace was weak.  Ankle laces have to be tight.  Also when you're trying to turn him go towards his head; roll him up on it.  Do the same thing on gut wrenches.

You would be wise to work on these moves and develop a variety of setups to each of them.  Work on your single leg or develop a high crotch and setups for it as well.  After you're comfortable with all these in good competition take on another couple of moves and perfect them and so on.  The key to developing moves is drilling, I know it's a pain but it works.  In both practice and competition go as hard as you can; conditioning is often the deciding factor between two equally matched compteitors.  As always wrestle as much as you can throughout the year.  Good luck.

Thanks for the tips on the shot. When I was on top I wasn't tryin' to do much. I hate wrestling top in freestyle. I just pretended to work stuff. I would grab somethin' and wiggle it and then do the same with another part. The leg lace was just another attempt to look busy. I cut him loose the first time I took him down [which is what I always do] but the ref told me I couldn't do it anymore.

well the first one says inside trip and its a sloppy outside trip no affence

No it doesn't. It says outside trip and that's what the video is of. I tripped the outside back corner of his foot with double over-hooks.

on your wing and wrist.....the reason you don't finish and he has wiggle room is because you use the wrist.  Rather than grabbing the wrist use the same hand and scoop under his shoulder..... as you walk around the head, swueeze that arm close to you and bring his arm with it you should finish with your elbows interlocking and the wing. You should also be sitting when finished.  Believe it or not we have been over this before.

Looking better than last season on those take downs.  Get explosive and some of them will help you as you fine tune them. 

When your tired like that you should'nt be taking shots just to be taking them. Set a mind frame that every shot has a purpose wheter it is to get the take down or set something else up. As soon as the whistle blows you throw your arms around the guys head. WRONG, if i were wrestling you I know the first thing to do is wait for the whistle to blow and when  you throw those arms up I'm taking a shot on you. You have no set up at all. Shots need to be more crisp you can't second guess it has to be nature. When wrestling someone good you can't wait to do something your shots have to be bam bam bam.

on your wing and wrist.....the reason you don't finish and he has wiggle room is because you use the wrist.  Rather than grabbing the wrist use the same hand and scoop under his shoulder..... as you walk around the head, swueeze that arm close to you and bring his arm with it you should finish with your elbows interlocking and the wing. You should also be sitting when finished.  Believe it or not we have been over this before.

Looking better than last season on those take downs.  Get explosive and some of them will help you as you fine tune them. 

Yea. I know to sit on the wings. Just didn't. lol

More importantly than sitting is the underhook rather than the wrist.  I 'll show you again as soon as I am able.  Ask Sheely what I am talking about.  He is one of the only ones who actually does it the way I taught it.  He slaps that thing on about everyone he wresltes.  He is young but he listens and is very coachable like yourself.  We will work tons this year on set ups as well as finishes.  Looking forward to it.

More importantly than sitting is the underhook rather than the wrist.  I 'll show you again as soon as I am able.  Ask Sheely what I am talking about.  He is one of the only ones who actually does it the way I taught it.  He slaps that thing on about everyone he wresltes.  He is young but he listens and is very coachable like yourself.  We will work tons this year on set ups as well as finishes.  Looking forward to it.

Can't wait 'till we get back into practice. I'll show you that that isn't how I wrestle. Like I said, that was sloppy and not alot of effort. When wrestling really good people I really tighten up my game.