Sign in to follow this  
Nathaniel Bryan

Check out these newspages of wrestling events

This is NOT meant to flame anyone. In fact, some of these pages below gave me some ideas for this coming season. I swear, if somehow, someway KHSAA State got moved to Elizabethtown/Hardin County, my paper would go all out with coverage.

Oh well.

Anyhoo ...

021907_Munzer_Second_To_None.jpg

mats1.jpg

mats2.jpg

mats3.jpg

mats4.jpg

That may be true.  But that still would not help anyone but the Hardin Co. teams, since they are the only ones who would see it.

The people back home still would not see it.

The state tourney needs to stay centrally located.  When I say central I mean in regards to teams in KY.  The majority of teams still reside in Lou/ Lex.

That may be true.  But that still would not help anyone but the Hardin Co. teams, since they are the only ones who would see it.

The people back home still would not see it.

The state tourney needs to stay centrally located.  When I say central I mean in regards to teams in KY.  The majority of teams still reside in Lou/ Lex.

grappler-of-old,

I respect most of your posts, so please don't take me the wrong way:

As far as the only ones who would see it, I wouldn't necessarily go that far. I know I'm at a small paper (which could never feasibly compete with the Courier-Journal or Herald-Leader) but all the teams staying at hotels or at the arena (if Hardin County EVER gets a decent convention center) would see the paper. And it would seem to be that if you wanted the best coverage of an event, you would check out the paper (online, for free) in the city of said event.

As far as a central locale, I agree with you (and right now, other than Central Hardin, Hardin County doesn't have the facilities to pull it off). But E'town/Hardin County is just as centrally located to LOU as Frankfort is (E'town's a mere 40 miles straight down I-65). And 80 miles west of LEX on the Bluegrass Parkway.

But I like going to Frankfort. Doesn't bother me. The convention center is a suitable place.

But if - big, gigantic, enormous IF - Hardin County ever wises up and builds some facilities for a city/county its size (25,000 in E'town, more than 100,000 in the county), E'town will definitely put up a bid to get State moved.

Of course, wouldn't it be awesome if State got so big that it would have to be held at Rupp, Freedom Hall or the new Louisville arena?

Honestly that's not a big surprise to me to see those articles.  You have to consider where they are.  In Iowa, wrestling is King just like football is in Texas and Florida & Basketball is in Indiana.

look in the second artical they have cheerleaders why dont we have cheerleaders?? thats not fair

Dude that aint cool... they do have cheerleaders... ima let my AD know about this one lol... If i had sexy girls cheerin me on, id wrestle twice as hard. Girls love men with endurance.. :wink:

This is NOT meant to flame anyone. In fact, some of these pages below gave me some ideas for this coming season. I swear, if somehow, someway KHSAA State got moved to Elizabethtown/Hardin County, my paper would go all out with coverage.

Oh well.

Anyhoo ...

Im debating over if the guy in the first article in MAD or HAPPY...lol that face goes both ways..