Sign in to follow this  
colonel08

145?

I'm guessing Murton must be going 140 because 145 looks to be a killer wt. class.

Harrison Courney (Woodford)

Patrick Banks (Larue)

Ryan Ross (Harrison)

Brian Wilson (Campbell)

Josh Cooper (Simon Kenton)

Not sure who will win out of this group. I however think Courney still makes to many mistakes.

I wonder how many are there to dodge Murton and how many are there 'cause they either can't or don't want to make 140 (which sounds like may be a very depleted weight class). Murton went to 35 last year for competition will he bump up this year for the same reason and make 145 his class? Will any of the grapplers metioned here get a pre January 15th weigh in at one or even two calsses lower? Will Rett marry Scarlett? Will Mariah win all eight grammys? ? ? ?'s I can't take this anmore!!!

I personally dont see anyone of them at 145 giving austin cooper or wolfsier alot of trouble at 152 their is stiff competition all around the middle weights this year. I predict out of the 145 to be 1. wilson, 2.aylor, 3.Banks, 4. Ervin, 5 courtney.

I personally dont see anyone of them at 145 giving austin cooper or wolfsier alot of trouble at 152 their is stiff competition all around the middle weights this year. I predict out of the 145 to be 1. wilson' date=' 2.aylor, 3.Banks, 4. Ervin, 5 courtney.[/quote']

The rumer mill from the wrestlers are that Aylor will be returning to 140 this year. However if Aylor is at 145 I see no way that Wilson will be able to defeat Aylor. I would have to put them as this

1. Aylor

2. Banks

3. Courtney

4. Wilson

5. Ervin

6. Ross

7. Cooper J.

I personally dont see anyone of them at 145 giving austin cooper or wolfsier alot of trouble at 152 their is stiff competition all around the middle weights this year. I predict out of the 145 to be 1. wilson' date=' 2.aylor, 3.Banks, 4. Ervin, 5 courtney.[/quote']

i think banks and aylor could beat wilson, and courtney could beat ervin.

I'm hearing Wilson will be at 145 for the first time this weekend for Conference. So we'll get to see Wilson/Aylor. Wilson did beat Aylor once last year, and the other 2 matches were close so i don't see how there's no forseeable way of Wilson winning. If Wilson wins this weekend their record is split (2-2).

I'll call it now ... Aylor and Wilson got no love last year during state champ conjecture and went 1-2 at 140. I think we're looking at the same thing again.

I guess the Banks/Courtney match dispelled the myth that Courtney was gonna be a man amongst boys with no one having anything for him this year.

Yes, this will be the weight class of the year.

Wow ... now thats a tournament. Austin Cooper also looked impressive in addition to Aylor from the results at 152 ... a major decision in the finals. I don't see anyone beating him at state after that.

That was Paris Graham's varsity team too, or at least a mixed varsity/JV team, that Ben Jordan kid at 125 for them is an absolute animal and one of the top in the country ... i think he's like 8th all grades combined at 125.

When Courtney pins someone from Paris Graham, the team that destroyed Pemberville (you know, the guys that beat up Woodford last year), i'll put him first. Aylor pinned their guy.

While Graham is obviously a very good team, just because a kid wrestles for them doesn't mean he's one of the best in the nation. I wouldn't put too much stock in Aylor beating him, it could've been a fluke too. Until Aylor beats Courtney I would say Courtney's the man.

To be ranked 8th in the country (Graham is), not even one of your wrestlers can not be top calibre. It was likely a fluke that he pinned him, maybe. That guy only beat Josh Cooper 4-2 and i definitely saw Aylor winning a second match with Cooper before those results. There's another match that day Cooper won 5-1, and Aylor pinned that common opponent as well. Hard to argue two fluke pins in one day against that calibre of wrestler, and implies he was at a MUCH higher level than Cooper at least in that tourney. By the way, remember Aylor won that tourney ... Ryle (one of the better teams in the state) took 18th ... he couldn't have snuck some wins on chumps in a deal like that.

I'm really unwilling to rank Courtney or Aylor ahead of the other until they wrestle ... yeah i know the Josh Cooper common opponent thing but then again re-read the previous paragraph ... but things change and guys have big weekends and off weekends. Remember, Courtney hasn't won a title ... Aylor has. What i'm saying is Aylor has dealt with that pressure and gotten it done before, Courtney has not and he's only a freshman ... and the maturity difference at that age is something that can't be underestimated. Thats one reason i tend quarrel with the #1 ranking, not his talent.

The more impressive deal i thought was Austin Cooper major decisioning a guy in the finals ... its hard to call anything about a major decision a fluke.