Sign in to follow this  
sheeves

Tournaments During the Offseason?

Border Wars at Conner March 24th is a great tournament.  Many top level wrestlers attend.  If your looking for matches there are tournaments in Indiana every weekend through April.  Go to ISWA.com to get tournament details.  :-D

Also, there will be a series of 6 Dan Gable (Folkstyle) tournaments and a total of 15 Other USA Wrestling tournament in KY this year. A schedule will be posted as it comes available.

Union and Ryle host a Dan Gable Tournament.

Last year's Gable Tournament at Union had some pretty amazing competition from Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, and I think two other states, plus the boys from around Kentucky. I suggest to all for some great out-of-state competition, and a well-ran tournament, head down to Union. Only a three hour drive from Louisville.

Last year's Gable Tournament at Union had some pretty amazing competition from Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, and I think two other states, plus the boys from around Kentucky. I suggest to all for some great out-of-state competition, and a well-ran tournament, head down to Union. Only a three hour drive from Louisville.

Is that all, only a 3 hour drive. LOL. Is there any good competition at the Bluegrass State Games. I was thinkin of wrestling there.

Is that all, only a 3 hour drive. LOL. Is there any good competition at the Bluegrass State Games. I was thinkin of wrestling there.

Yeah, but its wrestling all the same kids you wrestle during the season. The Union tournament was the best one I went to because I wrestled kids I never wrestled before and never will again. Plus, you see different styles of wrestling from other states and it'll help prepare you for during the season.

The Union Tournament is March 17th on a saturday. It features teams from West Kentucky, Southern Indiana (Mater Dei, Reitz, Memorial), Woodford brought a few last year, I know Harrison Courtney was there, Illinois elite teams such as Purler Wrestling Academy, St. Louis Missouri teams, Memphis and Nashville Tennessee teams, and throughout the state of Kentucky. It is a USA wrestling tournament so you will need your wrestling card. Well ran with medals in all weight divisions and age groups. Lots of great competition.

The Union Tournament is March 17th on a saturday. It features teams from West Kentucky, Southern Indiana (Mater Dei, Reitz, Memorial), Woodford brought a few last year, I know Harrison Courtney was there, Illinois elite teams such as Purler Wrestling Academy, St. Louis Missouri teams, Memphis and Nashville Tennessee teams, and throughout the state of Kentucky. It is a USA wrestling tournament so you will need your wrestling card. Well ran with medals in all weight divisions and age groups. Lots of great competition.

Two-thumbs up. Either this or the competition at Jeff Jordan was the best.

Two-thumbs up. Either this or the competition at Jeff Jordan was the best.

I agree, Jeff Jordan's State Champ Camp is awesome. 5 days of intense drilling and every night is a 2 hour session of straight live wrestling. It will get kids mentally ready for wrestling in the upcoming season and offseason events.

These are the tournaments that I know of so far.  Anyone have any others to add.

MARCH

3  Elementary Tournament, Conner High School (USAW)

17 Letcher Co Central High School (AAU)

17 Union Co. High School (USAW)

24 Wayne Co. High School (AAU)

24 Conner High School (USAW)

28-30 High School Folkstyle Nationals, Virginia Beach

April

7 Letcher Co. Central High School (AAU)

28 Lexington Lafayette High School (AAU)

May

5 Wayne Co High School (AAU)

12 Letcher Co Central High School (AAU)

JUNE

9 Lexington Lafayette High School (AAU)

16 Letcher Co Central High School (AAU)

JULY

28 Bluegrass State Games, Lexington Lafayette High Schoo

Off Season Wrestling Calendar

Date         Tournament Location Style

25-Feb Tell City Folk Style Open Tell City HS Folkstyle

3-Mar         Mater Dei Evansville Mater Dei Folkstyle

4-Mar         Perry Meridian Folkstyle open Perry Meridian (Indianapolis, IN) Folkstyle

17-Mar Union County Dan Gable Series Union County HS Folkstyle

17-Mar Letcher County Open Letcher County High Folkstyle

23-Mar Team Jeff Greco- Roman Open Jeffersonville High School Greco Roman

24-Mar Boder Wars - Conner High School Conner High School Folkstyle

24-Mar Team Jeff Freestyle Open Jeffersonville High School Freestyle

31-Mar Charlestown Freestyle Open Charlestown IN Freestyle

7-Apr         Letcher County Open Letcher County High Folkstyle

14-Apr Perry Meridian Freestyle Open Perry Meridian (Indianapolis, IN) Freestyle

21-Apr Jennings County Freestyle Open Jennings County HS (North Vernon IN) Freestyle

28-Apr Five Star Wrestling Club Lexingtion Traditional Magnet School Folkstyle

28-Apr New Castle Freestyle Open New Castle IN Freestyle

12-May Letcher County Open Letcher County High Folkstyle

9-Jun           Battle of the Bluegrass Lexington Lafayette HS Folkstyle

16-Jun Letcher County Open Letcher County High Folkstyle

28-Jul  Bluegrass State Games Lexington Lafayette HS Folkstyle

This is the information that I have, Any moer posting will be on the Coaches Assoiciation Web site. If you know of any other tournaments please message me or email me.

What would be the admission fees?  Membership cards plus tournament entry fees I would assume but are they different sanctions?  I think USA Wrestling is $25 for card plus entry fee.  What about AAU?

AAU memberships are $12.  and then entry fees may vary from $8 to $12. for different tournaments.  The membership fee is only a one time thing.  It is good for 1 year.

You can go online to apply for your membership at:

http://aausports.org/default.asp?a=pg_membership.htm

Or you can get the membership at the first tournament you wrestle at.