Sign in to follow this  
pridewrestler

What teams will stand out next year?

Ryle, they return there 6 highest place scores and graduate fewer than three guys. Plus they get there two state champs back for another year.

If you look at the state finals matches, most of the kids were not seniors.  I believe that if you were not in the top 8 or 10 teams then your chances are not real good.  Most of the top teams are returning some good quality wrestlers.  Good luck to all but Larue, Union, Fern Creek, Trinity, Woodford, Seneca, and North Hardin will continue to be tough.

What about Union Co? They are losing 3 seniors. Adam Carr, Carson Chambliss, and Joe Belt. Adam was the only one who placed and he got 7th. Another Ervin is joining the team, Caleb Ervin. 2x middle school state champ. They are also getting the 150 state runner up in middle school. I think with 7 returning state placers and with the acquisition of a few middle schoolers. I think this team will be in the running for it again.

Guest wrestler92

Next year will be the only year that Fern Creek will stand a chance.  they have like what 9 or 10 juniors?  Only losing Caleb and Malcolm.   Trinity I don't think will be up there, top five I would say, but not really higher, they lose a couple seniors.  Union on top and Woodford up there.  

2-5) Trinity, Woodford, Fern Creek and Wayne ( these teams are in no specific order, Simply the teams i think will be in the top 5 ) It's too early to be specific, we'll have to wait until next season for precise predictions. But i agree, if Fern Creek pulls it together, they may be a contender.

Some Hardin/LaRue/Meade Area Teams:

Central Hardin: Returns 6-of-8 State qualifiers. Must replace both of its medalists (8th at 171, 4th at 189).

Fort Knox: Returns 4-of-4 State qualifiers, including 2nd at 285. NOTE THAT FORT KNOX IS A TRANSIENT/MILITARY SCHOOL, so transfers are quite common.

John Hardin: Returns 8-of-9 State participants, including 3rd at 119. Justin Pitcher, who left team due to illness, should be ranked when he returns.

LaRue County: Returns 5-of-13 State qualifiers. None of them placed, but Matt Miller (who won region and DID NOT wrestle at State due to injury) was expected to. Must replace 1st at 130, 2nd at 152, 3rd at 160, 6th at 215, 7th at 285.

North Hardin: Returns 6-of-11 state participants, including 2nd at 189, 4th at 112 and 4th at 160. Must replace 2nd at 130 and 7th at 135.

Meade County: Returns all 8 state participants.

Campbell will be returning all of its qualifiers and will have the wholes in their lineup filled due to a very strong middle school program in the lower two weights

Trinity wont be front runners for a runaway state championship team until this years freshmen are juniors and seniors. Next year Union will be at the top, theyre a solid team. After that Trinity has a shot.

John Hardin: Returns 8-of-9 State participants, including 3rd at 119. Justin Pitcher, who left team due to illness, should be ranked when he returns.

for the fifth million time justin pitcher quit and will no return

for the fifth million time justin pitcher quit and will no return

One thing I've learned about teenagers and high school wrestling is to never say never.

Who thought LaRue County would sustain three major losses (Bryant Barnhill departing team, Des Jakes getting hurt right before regionals and possible/probable state placer Matt Miller getting hurt day before state)?

Who thought at the beginning of the season that Darwin Perez would win State and beat Eck in back-to-back matches?

Who thought Cassity Veach would be sitting home at State time back-to-back years?

Like I said, "never" isn't an absolute with high school kids.

I say...

1. Union

2. Woodford

3. Fern Creek

4. Trinity

5. Wayne

6. John Hardin

7. Larue

But its a long way away.....Union will be hard to beat.  State is all about getting guys in the finals, and Union will have the most top 3 ranked guys.

I say...

1. Union

2. Woodford

3. Fern Creek

4. Trinity

5. Wayne

6. John Hardin

7. Larue

But its a long way away.....Union will be hard to beat.  State is all about getting guys in the finals, and Union will have the most top 3 ranked guys.

Not quite true.  Union only had 1, Woodford had 3, North Hardin and Larue had 2. 

Unless you're talking about consolation finals then you need to clear that up and I wouldn't have wasted my time typing this and people wouldn't have wasted their time reading.  :-D

Union has these returning:

103- Jarvis Elam-4th

119- Aaron Carr-7th

125- Jake Wempe-8th

130- Isaac Ervin-3rd

135- Luke Ervin-5th

145- Josh Willett

152- Mitch Ervin-1st(MOW)

171- Jarrod Burke- 2-2 at state

189- Diante Wright- 5th

215- Levi Griggs- 2-2 at state

Caleb Ervin will fall into the 112-119 weight class somewhere and replace Adam Carr.

I say...

1. Union

2. Woodford

3. Fern Creek

4. Trinity

5. Wayne

6. John Hardin

7. Larue

I find it funny that every year teams under estimate North Hardin. The coach likes it that way, but I can't stand it. North will continue to grow and still be a contender next year. Wait and see!!!!! In my opinion, John Hardin wont be top 15.

One team that u cant count out is harrison county.  They will about 4 very strong seniors next year.(Ashbrook,Sanders,Cordray,and Wasson)They will have a strong team next year possibly top 5.????????????