Sign in to follow this  
urgoingdown

Unsportsman like conduct

Guest wrestler92

I don't think that was anything like the one that was thrown for the 189 (i believe, maybe 171) finals match for 5/6.  the one kid took a full round house at the other, luckily he saw it coming and shot in and took him down. 

I seen this match as well and Specer actualy did hit frasier with an uppercut and got hit for unsportsman like and yes it was very unclassy. I also seen the 215 match and luckily Dials ducked it tok him down and got to shake his hand.

The biggest unsportsmanlike conduct of the tournament IMO belongs to the fans.  I was very appalled by the booing when certain schools were introduced in the finals, and not just against Woodford County as in the past.  These young athletes worked hard all year, successfully beat all of their opponents to get through the regional tournament and state preliminaries (despite the poor officiating overall) and the fans rather than just cheering for their favored wrestler, boo them.  I think the fans need to remember that these are just kids.  I don't have a problem booing when a wrestler shows unsportsmanlike conduct or for a bad call but to boo them because they have a singlet that is a certain color, that is inappropriate and should not be condoned.

I agree that one should never boo a wrestler. I suspect the fans were voicing their disappointment with school conduct rather than individual wrestlers. This particular tournament was frustrating as a certain school seemed to have the misfortune of many of their wrestlers developing an injury while on their back resulting in the match stopping. But I would never condone booing while any individual is being announced; it also is disrespectful to the sport.   

he didnt swing at him...he tried to lock on hard to the back of his head so that he  could of snaped his opponent down quick for a easy two..i know what happend and saw it..i thought he was trying to knock his head off his shoulders at first..but if u saw it u can see what he was really trying to do..

he didnt swing at him...he tried to lock on hard to the back of his head so that he  could of snaped his opponent down quick for a easy two..i know what happend and saw it..i thought he was trying to knock his head off his shoulders at first..but if u saw it u can see what he was really trying to do..

Thats what i thought i saw too. It just looked like he was trying to lock up

The biggest unsportsmanlike conduct of the tournament IMO belongs to the fans.  I was very appalled by the booing when certain schools were introduced in the finals, and not just against Woodford County as in the past.  These young athletes worked hard all year, successfully beat all of their opponents to get through the regional tournament and state preliminaries (despite the poor officiating overall) and the fans rather than just cheering for their favored wrestler, boo them.  I think the fans need to remember that these are just kids.  I don't have a problem booing when a wrestler shows unsportsmanlike conduct or for a bad call but to boo them because they have a singlet that is a certain color, that is inappropriate and should not be condoned.

verry well said. i agree completly

as for the booing, i think I would almost want it.  Because all that means is that there guy is not in the finals and they are jealous of you. I have talked with several current wrestlers that were in the finals and they feel the same way.

yes that is exacty what happen i was sitting right there in larues coaches corner if you ask me adam dials should not have been trying to stall then jake would not have been so despret.

The fans boring is horrible and needs to stop. the only situation i can think of where its fine to boo is if a wrestler does something unsportsmanlike, such as swing at someone. one instance that stands out in my mind that is absolutely horrible is when coty lewis of woodford county was introduced and before he stepped foot on the mat for his first match was immediately booed. a returning state chapion, treated like this? that has to stop. the fans also cheered when he was laying on the ground hurt, that is wrong. you should never cheer when anyone gets hurt.

I noticed everyone booed when josh lewis tapped out the second time... cause they thought he was faking it.. but he really wasnt i saw him later on in the day and he was really hurt he messed up his knee pretty bad.

I noticed everyone booed when josh lewis tapped out the second time... cause they thought he was faking it.. but he really wasnt i saw him later on in the day and he was really hurt he messed up his knee pretty bad.

It's not that he tapped that one time, it's just that it seems every time he's on his back he taps.

He tapepd I think 4 times in the state tourney, all off of his back.

I just don't think it's right.

Guest uc215

if his knee was hurt it would have taken 2 seconds and he could have taken all the time he wanted to tend to it. i dont think it upsets people that a wrestler gets hurt and taps...its the fact that most wrestlers that tap are in a position that they dont want to be in and once the ref stops the match they return to match as if nothing is wrong and they are fine until they get put into that position again

if his knee was hurt it would have taken 2 seconds and he could have taken all the time he wanted to tend to it. i dont think it upsets people that a wrestler gets hurt and taps...its the fact that most wrestlers that tap are in a position that they dont want to be in and once the ref stops the match they return to match as if nothing is wrong and they are fine until they get put into that position again

i agree i hate it when some kids do it as if there hurt and then in about like 15 seconds they are fine it just bothers me and it takes away from the sport

Cory Spencer threw a closed fist uppercut at Carpenter-Fraser with 10 seconds left in the 5th-6th place finals for 112 (no class)

he landed it pretty well to.