Sign in to follow this  
stand-up

Alternates -- do they receive a pass?

Are alternates required to show up for weigh-ins, or is it voluntary?  Also, do alternates that show up for weigh-ins receive a participant pass good for the entire tournament or just free admission for Thursday. 

Alternates must be on weight for the initial weigh In. This is in case you are asked to fill a slot. yes, You will get the same pass that the wrestlers get. Good for the whole state tournament.

while i'm on this topic, someone said somewhere that if a wrestler in a weight, misses weight, the alternate doesnt take his spot. i'm not an alternate and dont have to worry about this, but im just kind of curious, is this true? because if it is thats pretty stupid, thats the most likely thing to happen is a wrestler miss weight and if the alternate cant take his spot thats kind of stupid.

Alternates only take the place of somebody that can't be in the tournament because of injury, sickness, grades, etc.  They will be notified prior to weigh-in if they will be rolled up. 

The reasoning behind not using an alternate to replace those that didn't make weight is that once somebody steps on the scale, they are officially qualifying for the tournament.  If they don't make weight - then they forfeit.  The alternate cannot be put in to replace a forfeited position.

man that sucks. i can see throughtout the tournament if someone forfeits you cant put an alternate in, but if the tournament hasnt started yet, the alternate should be able to be put in.

man that sucks. i can see throughtout the tournament if someone forfeits you cant put an alternate in, but if the tournament hasnt started yet, the alternate should be able to be put in.

Once weigh-ins begin the tournament is underway.