Sign in to follow this  
I-pinned-em-all

Josh Cooper, a wrestler with class

It saddens me that Josh Cooper, in his final days of his high school wrestling career, develops an injury which prevents him from competing for a state title. Josh is a young man with dignity and sportsmanship and is the epitome of a true wrestler and athlete. I have encouraged my son to pattern his behaviors, style,  and composure,  both on and off the wrestling mat, after Josh Cooper. Josh has advanced the quality of wrestling in Kentucky and will always be a champion of the sport to my son and me. Thanks for your dedication and love for this sport. 

I'm really sorry to hear about this.  Josh is a good wrestler and a real class act.  Hopefully he can continue his career at the collegiate level and be as sucessful as Brad.

Fortunately they caught the infection in his knee early, and he should get out of the hospital by Thursday.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he pinned everyone he wrestled inside of the State??  I know he did lose to a former junior national champ from Paris St. Graham.  He has definitely lived up to his name.

Man, that is such a bad break!!!  Best of luck to you in your future Josh!  I completely agree with i-pinned-em-all, he is such a class act...just a great example to all the younger wrestlers.  I would love for my son to grow up and conduct himself like this guy does.  He's the type of kid that could really discourage young wrestlers but too good of a guy to ever do that!  Me and my family will be thinking of you and saying prayers for you. 

Chief Redcorn - I'm not sure if he pinned everyone in the state he wrestled, but that would not surprise me a bit.  You could tell Josh really put in some hard work in the off season.  He looked really poised to add another state title to the family name.  They must use state medals as coasters in that family.

Josh also put so much effort towards this sport his dedication made others around him better... i would know this is the second year i have been on his team and his dedication makes me want to be better.. it has helped me alot.

No Offense to Pat banks but i am positive that josh would be the state champ this year no matter what, it is just how hard he works he is one of the hardest workers i know..Our team already misses him.

i dont know about that pat banks is a bad man too...but there was no use in you even saying that..the mans hurt nobody knows who would of win if they wrestled each other at state...i know pat banks and i am pretty sure he would be happy is cooper was wrestling in the state tournament too...

No Offense to Pat banks but i am positive that josh would be the state champ this year no matter what, it is just how hard he works he is one of the hardest workers i know..Our team already misses him.

Both are classy wrestlers, and it would have been a heck of a match.  Lets just leave it at that  :-D

I feel bad for him because i just experienced the same thing. I broke my finger today in practice and will not be wrestling in state due to the fact i have to have surgery to get it fixed. So will the people from region 2 all bump up in the draw? I guess it will be Sammy Issacs and Brian Peace in the finals now.

We are here, Josh has made SK wrestling an important part of life for many kids, I respect, admire, (maybe jealous), glad he had so much contact with many young wrestlers, he is one great kid!

I feel bad for him because i just experienced the same thing. I broke my finger today in practice and will not be wrestling in state due to the fact i have to have surgery to get it fixed. So will the people from region 2 all bump up in the draw? I guess it will be Sammy Issacs and Brian Peace in the finals now.

i feel bad for you matt hope you get better soon.