Sign in to follow this  
Mat_Wrestler

Travis Sullivan?

Guest DAWG6
Sullivan will one of the top kids at 103 this year. Who will be in the finals with him.

Carr is tough, but he could be on the short end of the draw and on the same side of the bracket (Qtr's or semi's).

I would really like someone to take him to the third period so we can se what he's got. It seems he is a thrower and everybody likes to tie up. I dont see him getting beat if everyone continues to lock up with him

Guest jp
I would really like someone to take him to the third period so we can se what he's got. It seems he is a thrower and everybody likes to tie up. I dont see him getting beat if everyone continues to lock up with him

For what it's worth Josh Johnson lost 4-0 to Travis at the Oldham takedown tournament @112.

But I don't see many 3's giving him much problem.

If Travis was smart he'd wrestle 12 against Caleb Wood and get some work, but he won't want to chance an undefeated season :wink:

Guest jp

Mat_Wrestler

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:56 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard Wayne Co. has a tour. on DEC.3rd? Does anyone know for sure?

Ryle

St. X

Fern Creek

McCeary Co.

Whitley Co.

Letcher Central.

These teams said they were going.

Travis, give it a go with Caleb Wood, show everone how good you are :idea:

Caleb will have it to do just to beat Vinsant, waynes 112,He is close to Sullivans equal.He only weights 107 .He just cant beat Travis,or he would be at 103.

I think Sullivan is over rated. But thats my personal opinion I've seen the kid wrestling to where he has gottin' to nervous of losing to the point were he started stallin'. I think that he can be beat and that he is not "Untouchable."

Caleb will have it to do just to beat Vinsant' date=' waynes 112,He is close to Sullivans equal.He only weights 107 .He just cant beat Travis,or he would be at 103.[/quote']

I agree I think vinsant is just as good I would like to see travis and vinsant wrestle. Do they have wrestle offs at wayne or is it a coachs discretion decision

Guest TroJanMan112

i think sullivan is a great 103,hes definently not overrated but hes beatable,if he had more competition he wouldnt walk through state easy.

I talked to Sullivan at state, just for a little bit, and he is a great overall person and a darn good wrestler. 103 will be a breeze like it was last year for him, i think he just bump up to 112 and get some competition in and then drop to 103 at state.

Guest DAWG6
sullivan is a team person. he cares more about the team than his record.

Travis is a first class kid and no one is questioning that.

I would like to see him wrestle better quailty wrestlers, it will also help him in the long run.

Guest TroJanMan112
Wood should bump up and wrestle Bains' date='Kilburn,Bryant,and Ryles higher weight.It would make him better also. :D[/quote']

Just to clear everything up, Caleb is wrestling 12, I talked with him at about every cross country meet and he says hes going to 12,also his teamates tell me he made weight for his body fat test and is manageing weight pretty good. Thats just what his teamates have told me. I personally think hell wrestle at 19 for his team matches and 12 at big tournaments.

Sullivan is a stud. Some question his throwing style, but if it gets you to 65-0 wrestling mostly out of state competition, then it must work. I am sure he can compete with the better 112s as well. Some guys are just good at what they do, and Travis is one of those guys.

Guest TroJanMan112

So he didnt make 12 at the body fat test, or did he decide to wrestle 119 by choice??

Caleb chose to go 119 this year mainly because of weight matters, its definately not a "team" decision. Also wrestling at 119 will make him better, he could make 112 but wrestling at 119 with plenty of energy to fight will probably serve him better in the long run.