Sign in to follow this  
hasbeen

Shotwell/Brown Best Match of Region 6

This was actually probably the best wrestling match that i've seen in northern kentucky in my wrestling career. Both are amazing athletes and exceptional wrestlers. Both have a heart as big as this state when it comes to competing. Anyone who was watching this matched had to be on the edge of there seats the entire match. It was constant action from start to finish. There was some absoluetly great scrambling done by Dusty (mainly) and Shotwell..Clearly these kids are some of the top wrestlers in the state. Great great match and good luck to you two down at state...Might see this match again in the state finals.

Score: Shotwell CC 1- 0 Brown SK

That's crazy about Dillon and Cooper. Was it a slip up or was it a strait up take down and controlling execution of what he was trying to do?

Even though I wasn't there, I heard that it was very controversial. People had told me that Cooper looked quite pinned for a moment and the ref didn't call it.

Even though I wasn't there, I heard that it was very controversial. People had told me that Cooper looked quite pinned for a moment and the ref didn't call it.

no he wasnt pinned and if he was it would have been called cause im pretty sure cole was the ref and he doesnt mess around when it comes to calling pins

yeah i was talking to someone and all of a sudden everyone stood up and started screaming "Oh My God" so i ran over and saw cooper on his back, i personally couldn't tell if he was pinned but it looked pretty close to me, but after that cooper hammerlocked halfed him and there wasn't much fight at all from dillon, nothing against him though, it looked pretty tight

Dillon had taken two shots at Cooper in the match.

Both of them at the injured leg.  Nothing wrong with this but, this is probably why he was able to pull the leg in the second time and slap the cardle in. 

Cooper was not pinned. He rolled over his back a couple of times but was never held there.  Dillon only earned 2 nearfall on the move.

Still have to give Dillon credit, he went out there and didn't back down.

no he wasnt pinned and if he was it would have been called cause im pretty sure cole was the ref and he doesnt mess around when it comes to calling pins

Wrong! the ref was one of the refs that were so pitiful that he wasnt allowed to ref the finals match and you are right if it was Cole, he would have called it a pin!If anyone is wondering i am a Cooper fan.Cooper collected himself worked through the pain and demonstrated why he is #1.  Watch the match on film if you want to know the truth.

Dillon is a very explosive, athletic and quick wrestler. Anyone who underestimates him can easily find themself looking at the lights. Cooper went out flat and hopefully learned a valuable lesson. I also saw the Cooper-Dillon match and have to give Dillon credit for a very impressive takedown resulting in a tight cradle. I personally don't believe the knee played a role in the "first" takedown and cradle. Although the cradle was very tight and Cooper was nearly pinned, he clearly fought, and to his credit, was able to avoid the pin. Cooper was NOT pinned! 

The second Dillon takedown seemed to exploit the painful knee. But afterall, single leg/double legs is Dillon's take down of choice.

Cooper finally woke up and was ready to end the match very early in the second period demonstrating he is the best.  I am counting on Cooper bringing back a Northern Ky state championship.

Lets keep in mind that Cooper hobbled on and off the mat, couldn't properly get set in the bottom position, and it seemed he suffered limited mobility.  Cooper didn't "wake up" in the second period so much as he chose the only position he could still decently work from, top, and proceeded to end the match as quickly as possible.  Also, I do recall that the leg Dillon used for the cradle was Cooper's bad leg.

Lets keep in mind that Cooper hobbled on and off the mat, couldn't properly get set in the bottom position, and it seemed he suffered limited mobility.  Cooper didn't "wake up" in the second period so much as he chose the only position he could still decently work from, top, and proceeded to end the match as quickly as possible.  Also, I do recall that the leg Dillon used for the cradle was Cooper's bad leg.

This may be 100% true that Ryan shot for his bad knee, i was out chasing my rugrats and missed this match....but some of these posts may lead people to believe that Ryan was focusing on Josh's bad leg.  I can tell you if anyone is implying that Ryan went after Josh's bad knee, you are WAY out of line.  No way on earth did Ryan do that intentionally.  He's a super good kid that wouldn't want a cheap win like that.  Like I-pinned-em-all said, Ryan has always attacked the legs.  That's how he wrestles.  Hopefully Josh is back at 100% by state.  He did look to be in a lot of pain. 

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, I just want to make sure people reading this are clear that Ryan wasn't taking cheap shots or anything, just wrestling the way he would any other time against Josh or anyone.

This may be 100% true that Ryan shot for his bad knee, i was out chasing my rugrats and missed this match....but some of these posts may lead people to believe that Ryan was focusing on Josh's bad leg.  I can tell you if anyone is implying that Ryan went after Josh's bad knee, you are WAY out of line.  No way on earth did Ryan do that intentionally.  He's a super good kid that wouldn't want a cheap win like that.  Like I-pinned-em-all said, Ryan has always attacked the legs.  That's how he wrestles.  Hopefully Josh is back at 100% by state.  He did look to be in a lot of pain. 

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, I just want to make sure people reading this are clear that Ryan wasn't taking cheap shots or anything, just wrestling the way he would any other time against Josh or anyone.

I'm sure he wasn't intentionally attacking the leg but even if he was, in a finals match-up against someone the caliber of Cooper you exploit weaknesses. You don't wrestle dirty, but you play to your strengths and if you shoot alot you definately shouldn't avoid someone's hurt leg.

That's crazy about Dillon and Cooper. Was it a slip up or was it a strait up take down and controlling execution of what he was trying to do?

Cooper wasnt able to bend his leg due to an injury, and dillon took advantage of it.  From neutral cooper is defenseless because of his knee, but he is still great on top.  His knee looked like it was the size of a soccer ball.  He ended up forfeiting to golsby because of the injury.