region8matman

seeds for region8

We will not know the seeding for region 8 until the morning of the tournament when they hold the annual 2 hour long argument some people like to call a seeding meeting.  It would be possible to do the seeding earlier in the week if our region wasn't so wide-spread.  I am requesting a realignment of the regions because there is no sense in driving over four hours, half way across the state, to wrestle a regional tournament.  We are probably closer to the lexington and louisville regions than we are wayne co.  I wonder what it feels like to be within a hour of every team in your region???

Being in region 7 it feels pretty nice. you don't have to wake up early and get tired at the regional tournament. you wrestle much better in my opinion. maybe a realignment of the regions wouldn't be that bad.

Region 1 has their seeding meeting every year right after the Union Co. duals since every team in the region is already at the same place. Region 1 is spread pretty far too. It's like 2 hours from Union Co. to Ft. Campbell and Calloway Co.

I'll Predict the one and two for each weight

1. Dakota Kincer(LCC)

2. Zach Salyers(JC)

1. Travis Sullivan(WAYN)

2. Corey Spencer(JC)

1. Bryan Daniels(WAYN)

2. Matt Slone(SC)

1. Cody Vinsant(WAYN)

2. Derek Corder(MC)

1. Charles Turner(PCC)

2. Tyler Grimm(JC)

1. Kacy Kennedy(WAYN)

2. Josh Back(LCC)

1. Eric Musick(SC)

2. Jordan Freeman(JC)

1. Tim Winchester(WAYN)

2. Todd Sytes(JC)

1. Ricky Burgess(SC)

2. Preston Shoopman(MC)

1. Randall Stevens(MC) or Brad Stafford(SC)

2. Brad Stafford(SC) or Coty Sloan(WAYN)

1. Jaron Singley(WHIT)

2. Thomas Hardwick(JC)

1. Ryan Kelly(SC)

2. Chris Kazee(LC)

1. Adam Dials(SC)

2. Jacob Watson(MC)

1. Chris Espinoza(MC)

2. BJ Slone(SC)

Did Kincer wrestle at the Letcher County Tournament on December the 2nd?

If he did I don't believe he won that tournament. That would make 2 losses I know of if he did wrestle.

Salyers won at 103.

I believe Buchannon Upshur won at 112.

Spencer of JC won at 119.

Salyers or Kincer will be the #1 seed

Overall record is not 1 of the top 2 criteria.  If that was the case, some would not wrestle the best competetion.

Having seen the body of work for both wrestlers, I cannot imagine Kincer getting the seed over Salyers.  The two wrestlers split in the in-season matches with Salyers losing by 1 point in their most recent match.  In the second criteria, there is no common opponent between the two wrestlers.  The debate will come down to record, an argument that Salyers' body of work and record will win on its own.  Zach is nearly 40-2 with his only losses coming to Kincer and his own teammate J.J. Jude.  Moreover, these wins were achieved at tournaments such as the nationally renouned Grundy Invitational, which he won, and the Middle School State tournament, which he also won.  Both wrestlers are tough and Kincer might very well might beat Salyers, and we can't forget Troxell, who is also tough, however, as far as seeds are conserned the quality and quantity of Saylers' wins will ultimately get him the seed and make it his tournament to win.   

Zach is nearly 40-2 with his only losses coming to Kincer and his own teammate J.J. Jude.  Moreover, these wins were achieved at tournaments such as the nationally renouned Grundy Invitational, which he won, and the Middle School State tournament, which he also won.     

You can't use middle school wins to justify high school seeds.  (I say this even though most 103lbers are middle school kids) 

Is Grundy really nationally renouned?  If it is that good, then I guess the WSAZ tournament must be one of the best in the nation.  (sheldon clark wrestlers and jc did great at grundy, but not nearly as well at WSAZ.)

Also, did Kincer only win by one this last time?  I thought I read that Kincer destroyed him?

Kincer won by a score of 7-6.

You may have read that Kincer destroyed Salyers but it never happened.

Again, Did Kincer wrestle in the Beast of the Southeast at Letcher in early December?

How could salyers get 1 seed on criteria, kincer I believe is 30something and 1 and and lost to salyers early in Dec.  and beat salyers 2 weeks ago?

Early in December? Kincer lost to Salyers during the AMVET Tourney at Sheldon Clark on January 13th. That's not early December.

You can't use middle school wins to justify high school seeds.  (I say this even though most 103lbers are middle school kids) 

Is Grundy really nationally renouned?  If it is that good, then I guess the WSAZ tournament must be one of the best in the nation.  (sheldon clark wrestlers and jc did great at grundy, but not nearly as well at WSAZ.)

Also, did Kincer only win by one this last time?  I thought I read that Kincer destroyed him?

Some individual posted on here that Kincer soundly defeated Salyers which was far from the truth. Salyer controlled the entire match and defeated Kincer at the AMVET tournament 7-2. Two weeks later Kincer upset Salyers at Danvile by a final score of 7-6.

I am not sure why I can't use middle school wins, as probably 3 of the 4 seeded wrestlers in the region 8 103 weight class wrestled in that tournament and considering some past middle school champs have had great overall success (Sullivan and Josh Johnson to name two).

Having been to both Gundy and WSAZ, I will tell you neither is a walk in the park, however, the statement that JC and SC wresters didn't perform well at WSAZ is inaccurate.  For example, Corey Spencer placed 3rd in both and was seeded higher in WSAZ than in Grundy, Adam Dials SC made it to the finals in both tournaments, and Salyers didn't wrestle WSAZ to compare his results because he was at middle school region.

Head to head:  Salyers @ AMVETS 7-2, Kincer @ Danville 7-6

Part three should be a dandy.

How could salyers get 1 seed on criteria, kincer I believe is 30something and 1 and and lost to salyers early in Dec. and beat salyers 2 weeks ago?

Salyers has two losses on the year. I don't know all of Kincer accomplishments this season but I do know he has more than one loss. I've seen him defeated twice. The first time was at the Beast of the Southeast at Letcher. He was defeated by Buchannan Upshur's Brittany Woodall 4-2. He was also defeated 7-2 by Salyers at the Sheldon Clark tournament. These may be his only two losses on the year but I don't know. Maybe cougar can give us more detail of Kincer's season. How did he do at the Borders war tournament at Wayne County on December 30th? Was he at 103 during the Border Wars or was he still at 112? Could strength of schedule come into the argument between the two? Here are Salyers accomplishments on the year.

1st @ Beast of the South East

1st @ Ohio Valley Duals

1st @ JCHS Holliday Classic

1st @ Agie Skeens(Grundy)

3rd @ Tates Creek( was at 112 that weekend. His only loss was to teammate JJ Jude)

1st @ Amvets Tournament (defeated Kincer 7-2 in finals)

1st @ Middle School regional

2nd @ Danville ( only loss was to Kincer 6-5)

State Champion at Middle school state tournament

I don't have Salyers record in front of me but the record that Dump Truck gave is very close and that is NOT counting middle school matches. Can anyone give us a breakdown on Kincer's accomplishments this season?