Sign in to follow this  
Josh_Claywell

2nd Region Tournament Draw

No. 4 LaRue County (LC), No. 7 North Hardin (NH), No. 21 Central Hardin (CH), No. 29 John Hardin (JH), No. 33 Anderson County (AC), No. 37 Fort Knox (FK),  Danville (DA), Nelson County (NC).

103 Pounds

I dont know if you guys know this but looking over the draw I noticed that #1 seeds and #2 seeds had a lot of byes, like it was automatic. Why would good wrestlers want byes in the first round and give up team points

I dont know if you guys know this but looking over the draw I noticed that #1 seeds and #2 seeds had a lot of byes, like it was automatic. Why would good wrestlers want byes in the first round and give up team points

With byes, if you win the match after the bye you are awarded points, plus your advancement points.

So if you have a bye first round and you win in the next round your awarded points for the first round?

Correct your team is not punished b/c of a bye -

Yes a team is punished for byes , If a wrestler how receives a bye in the first round that is a #1 seed only gets 2 points for that round instead of a chance of earning points for a major decision=3pts, tech fall 3 1/2 points, or pin points which is 4. If I was a coach of a team that will be in a close highly competivie region like region 2 I would want to make sure that all my good wrestlers especially the #1 and #2 seeded wrestlers had matches in the first round because they are usually the easiest matches where I could pick up easy extra points

No Mr. Granby I'm not saying that im just trying to spice things up and upsets somewhere because i agree with prwrestler13008 with all his picks but i could of just went with his! but i didnt i just went with what i would like to see. Everybody knows baker will be on his A game. Even though he beat frost by 1 the other day anything could happen...

My predictions

103 Pounds: Wood over Goodwine

112 Pounds: Demery over Thompson

119 Pounds: Johnson over Hines

125 Pounds: Carman over Barrientos

130 Pounds: Eck over Perez

135 Pounds: Oggs over Hupp

140 Pounds: Miller over Ledford

145 Pounds: Smith over Webb

152 Pounds: Banks over Longo

160 Pounds: Wheeler over Wolfe

171 Pounds: Collin over Pitcher