Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

Girl weight certification date

Girls, like the guys in the past, must have a weigh in and be certified to a weight class by a certain date to wrestle in regions. 

Each year that date falls 2 weeks before region, which is state duals weekend,  this year it is Jan 27th. 

However because girls region is a week before boys, the certification date is also a week before,  so Jan 20th. 

This was confirmed with KHSAA today and I wanted to get it out there asap. I had a coach ask today and I was unsure, I had not thought about that. So I emailed Khsaa to confirm. 

2 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

I assume that this certification must be under the girls Track?  If they are only under the Boys track will that qualify them?   

Waiting the answer to that from khsaa. 

Personally I feel that due to the situation,  the boys weigh in should count. There are some girls who may be only one on team or only one coach so cant go to all girls tournaments.  I feel like till its completely seperate,  then as long as the weigh in, it should be good. But thats just my 2 cents.

Here is my question.  If I have a dual with another team should I use both tracks to weigh in? 

It seems kind of silly for teams to use both boys and girls track when maybe there is one girls match at the dual. 

On 1/5/2024 at 1:42 PM, coachteater said:

Waiting the answer to that from khsaa. 

Personally I feel that due to the situation,  the boys weigh in should count. There are some girls who may be only one on team or only one coach so cant go to all girls tournaments.  I feel like till its completely seperate,  then as long as the weigh in, it should be good. But thats just my 2 cents.

Any word on if the boy's weigh-in counts for the girls as well?

On 1/8/2024 at 12:13 PM, grappler-of-old said:

Here is my question.  If I have a dual with another team should I use both tracks to weigh in? 

It seems kind of silly for teams to use both boys and girls track when maybe there is one girls match at the dual. 

We are running the teams totally separate.  Keeps it simple.

2 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

Any word on what the regions are and where they are being held? 

We got a message a week or so ago.  I thought Teater posted on here as well. 

Region 1 = Boys Region 1 + Boys Region 2, Region 2 = Boys Region 3 + Boys Region 4, Region 3 = Boys Region 5 + Boys Region 6, Region 4 = Boys Region 7 + Boys Region 8

Our region will be at Bryan Station

1 hour ago, Ranger123 said:

We got a message a week or so ago.  I thought Teater posted on here as well. 

Region 1 = Boys Region 1 + Boys Region 2, Region 2 = Boys Region 3 + Boys Region 4, Region 3 = Boys Region 5 + Boys Region 6, Region 4 = Boys Region 7 + Boys Region 8

Our region will be at Bryan Station

Dang I must have missed it.  Is the tourney a 1 or 2 day tourney.  Do we have any info on it yet (Flyer)? 

3 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

Has anyone gotten information of seeding, weigh in, start time for Girls region 3 at Bryan Station? 

Final location got finalied today. Was waiting for that and khsaa to send info out. Region 3 coaches will get a flyer by this weekend.