Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2006/2007 January 24

PRP's Dakota Choate has defeated Wolfe from NH the only time they wrestled.  Was wondering why he is above Choate.  Maybe because Choate has been out with injury.  Don't know just a guess, thats the only thing I can come up with when trying to justify it.  Oh well its jsut a ranking right.  Also at 130 Sauer from PRP beat Graham from Irq wed.  Just something to keep mind for next time.  Over all a very good job on the rankings as usual.  Greatly apreciated.

Shawn Wentworth from desales at 215 ,has lost to Baker by 3, Nickle by 1 and by 2, Chaney by 4, so why isnt he higher in the rankings :?

Wins provide movement in the rankings.  No offense, but close losses won't get you a medal at state.  You have to beat some of those guys ahead of you.

Upsets and news from the danville invitational:

103:Dakota Kincer(LCC) dec. Zach Salyers(JC)

112:Kyle Terry(CH) dec. Aurthur Ohmes(MEADE); Corey Spencer(JC) is now at 112 and pinned DC Evans(WHIT)

119:JJ Jude(JC) is at 119 now and his losses at danville came from Joaquin Luna(EAST) and Roderick Shoulders(EAST)

130:Charles Turner(PCC) dec. Tyler Grimm(JC)

189:Terry Turner(CH) dec. Joe Raleigh(VALL)

For a High School Jr. do you think you could us some form of English when you post. lol... :-D

Hey Fortknoxhwt,

I've got your back... and to you guys who think he is too small, I have got to say that the fortknox heavy weight is one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful heavy weight in the state, I think he has as good of chance as anybody to win it, in fact i think he just might surprise many people in doing just that...

I don't really see why Dakoda is down at 5th [i think that's where you put him] at 160. He beat Ty and easily tech falled the Senaca kid [who I heard stuck Brownfield at state duals]. I don't know how that pin came about happening or if it was just a fluke but regardless, Dakoda beat the higher placed wrestler and shut out someone who pinned the number 4 guy. Just wondering. Not critisizing your rankings.

PD Tyler Voth  12

Wood Co Coty Lewis  11

Way Co Coty Vinsant  11

Sen Dan Fuller  12

Old Co Trey Morlatt  11

Chr Co Jake Skinner  11

Lar Co Lucas Carmen  11

Un Co Jake Wempe  11

NO Antonio Zeppa  12

Tri Grant Ohlman  9

CH Ross Engle  11

PRP Corey Mills  11

Eas Paul Marks  12

Ft Knox Cameron Barrientos  11

Cam Co Talon Deinlein  11

SO Steve Vaughn  10

FC Jim Simmons

TC Kasey Hedges  10

Whit Co Joey Caddell

Fr Co Bryan Thompson

Mc Cen Derek Corder  11

JH Houston Lundy  10

NH John King  12

Bal Kendrick Jones  12

Scott Justin Miley  11

At 125 this weekend Talon Deilen did pretty well and i think has the potential to be top 8 in state because he beat Jake Wempe and lost to Dan Fuller by 2 and i think he could have beaten him because he took him down really easily twice in the match and he easily pinned the South Oldham kid you have him one above

I don't really see why Dakoda is down at 5th [i think that's where you put him] at 160. He beat Ty and easily tech falled the Senaca kid [who I heard stuck Brownfield at state duals]. I don't know how that pin came about happening or if it was just a fluke but regardless, Dakoda beat the higher placed wrestler and shut out someone who pinned the number 4 guy. Just wondering. Not critisizing your rankings.

hate to tell you this but Brownfield was not wrestling at state duals due to an injury our 160 was Nathan Ackerson a freshman

yea wright stuck brownfield, it was not a fluke

If Wright pinned him would have been illegal or at least out of bounds as he was on the sidelines.  I don't think Brownfield wrestled this weekend.

hate to tell you this but Brownfield was not wrestling at state duals due to an injury our 160 was Nathan Ackerson a freshman

Thanks for filling me in. I didn't see the match and was skeptical that it happened. How did the guy who filled in do?

Upsets and news from the danville invitational:

103:Dakota Kincer(LCC) dec. Zach Salyers(JC)

112:Kyle Terry(CH) dec. Aurthur Ohmes(MEADE); Corey Spencer(JC) is now at 112 and pinned DC Evans(WHIT)

119:JJ Jude(JC) is at 119 now and his losses at danville came from Joaquin Luna(EAST) and Roderick Shoulders(EAST)

130:Charles Turner(PCC) dec. Tyler Grimm(JC)

189:Terry Turner(CH) dec. Joe Raleigh(VALL)

Congrats to the up-setters

I believe that your next rankings should recognize William Northington from PRP. Even if he's at the bottom of the list, he's proved himself worthy of being ranked, no matter how low you want to put him. When we wrestled Laf Co at Horsepower he tech falled their 45. And he is gettin' noticably better as the weeks past.

There were many upsets at Danville in the 103 weight class, Like Kincer beating Goodwine 6-4 in the semi's. Then Troxell beating Goodwine 8-2 for 3rd place.  The pin call against Troxell against Salyers was rediculous, the kid was sitting on his butt, when the ref made the call, but hey were all human. That is in no way taking anything from Salyers, just didnt agree with the call.

Region 8 is shaping up to have many good young 103 pounders

Kincer 10th

Salyers 8th

Troxell 7th

Hassellbring 7th

The future is bright there..

The pin call against Troxell against Salyers was rediculous, the kid was sitting on his butt, when the ref made the call, but hey were all human. That is in no way taking anything from Salyers, just didnt agree with the call.

That was par for course on Saturday. Pins that were 1/2 a second, pins that never existed, backpoints and reversals not awarded, and a bite called against Lundy. Word is ref didn't see it and no marks--just a scratch from a crossface...go figure.

Can't wait for state--2 week countdown. :-o

juss thought id let ya know that ive(jordan woolen, 160 ohio county) beat joe belt (union county) two times at the christian county tourney.....they didnt flip the brackets......the first time it was 5-4 and the second time 5-2......and i also beat jacob henderson(scott) 7-4 at the harrison county tourney, juss lettin ya know......ill probably see joe belt at the union county duals sooo i guess we will c wut happens

Kincer beat Goodwin by 7 in the semi-s he finished the match by taking him down to his back and then stayed there.

I saw that match and i thought it was more of a really bad desperation shot from goodwine than it was Kincer taking him down to his back........ it was 3-2 and time was running out, why would kincer be risky?