Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

Sanctioning Girls Wrestling

Coaches, Parents and Fans-

Many are wanting and have been calling for KHSAA to sanction girls wrestling. The state has recently sent out their triennial survey to every county in the state. Many have stated they want to know why it has not happened. The state has to do the triennial survey before adding a sport. 

So how can you help?

Easy, contact your AD and Administration and tell them to put girls wrestling as a sport they would like to see added. This is how we can make this happen.

Maybe this has been answered before. 

If Girls Wrestling gets sanctioned by KHSAA.  Will the girls still be allowed to participate in boys wrestling?  I don't know the rules but you don't see girls basketball players on the boys  basketball team or vice versa. 

5 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

Maybe this has been answered before. 

If Girls Wrestling gets sanctioned by KHSAA.  Will the girls still be allowed to participate in boys wrestling?  I don't know the rules but you don't see girls basketball players on the boys  basketball team or vice versa. 

I don't think they will answer this until after it is sanctioned. 

When Ohio (OHSAA) sanctioned wrestling for the girls, they may only compete against other girls in-season.  They can’t participate in both.  I imagine Kentucky may follow suit on that.

6 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

If they don't allow them to compete against boys will there be enough girls to build upon?  Some areas may not have enough to compete. 

I don't think people realize how much it will take off when it becomes sanctioned. Some areas are awaiting sanctioning to add a girls team because they need more coaches to have a girls team. I've heard this from more than one coach talking about it. 

I was just wondering and throwing up some potential problems.  I'm neutral on this topic but if you are going to do it, do it right and sort out all the problems beforehand, so it does not fall on it's face.