Sign in to follow this  
gatorade12

Dragon Results

I've always thought Rupp was a great wrestler.  I'm from North Hardin, and even though Mark Jones has beaten him and vice versa, I always thought it was because he got caught momentarily in a mistake and got pinned.  I haven't seen Reid wrestle, but he must be great.  Was Rupp hurt or ill?  That was a pretty big unexpected win margin.

What happend to Wood? How seriously is he hurt? Also, this is for the Student, I hope you are not a coach, because if you are, you should be fired. Those are some of the most rediculous statements I have ever heard. Are you saying if I laced you on your face, and had you on your back that you would cry to get up so that I could do it again. That does not sound very smart to me.

Chaney's takedown on Matt Green was truly beautiful - I'm sure Matt would agree. I'm also sure that most of the crowd would also agree that it was the only substantial action seen of Chaney during the match. Chaney's smart and he stayed away as much as the ref would allow. I'm reminded of the old saying, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then".

I think all of the winners are correct but some of the scores posted by wrestlingforyears are wrong.  I know, Davis beat Allman by a score of either 18-14 or 18-15.  He did what he does best.  He took Allman down and let him back up.  Allman didn't wrestle a bad match though.  Wolseifer beat Vaugh 21-7.  Houchens pinned Lewis.  Chaney beat Green 6-2.  Bodenbender beat Mastrovich 3-2.  That one was a real stall fest.  Bodenbender was awarded a penalty point late b/c Mastrovich was called for stalling.  Mastrovich kept trying to get the head lock / hip toss and couldn't get it.  I don't know about the rest of the scores listed.  By the way, does anyone know how Cody Mann from FC is doing?

By the way, does anyone know how Cody Mann from FC is doing?

Cody went to school today. he had a concussion.  He should be back for State Duals.

And Dougie...wheres the picture of you getting stuck in a cradle by Matt Green at the Five Star?

I meant no disrespect to Matt in the comment I just thought it was a very witty reply. Besides how could I not have respect for the kid when we are 1-1 and he is (as of now) my only instate loss at 215

and...Cradle?

What are you talking about?....lol now no denying Matt Green definitely stuck me, but it wasn't in a cradle, in fact as embarrassing as this is to say, it wasn't in a pinning combination at all.

I meant no disrespect to Matt in the comment I just thought it was a very witty reply. Besides how could I not have respect for the kid when we are 1-1 and he is (as of now) my only instate loss at 215

and...Cradle?

What are you talking about?....lol now no denying Matt Green definitely stuck me, but it wasn't in a cradle, in fact as embarrassing as this is to say, it wasn't in a pinning combination at all.

Haha, I would've just said it was a cradle, at least there is some technique in that one.

Guest cmccoy

Listen. All of you are great wrestlers and I think there are some great matches ahead of us at Region and State. Taber, please do not try to start anything. All of the wrestlers are working hard and please, I do not want my team in the middle of a "word" battle. :mrgreen:

Ok to get back onto the Dragon Topic

Finals

103: Myron Bradbury (Tri) dec. Robbie Vaughn (Sk)        

3-2

112: Dan Smith (Tri) pin Sammy Scheuer (Ryle)             

3rd period

119: Matt Zarth (Hc) injury default Caleb Wood (Fc)      

2nd period

125: Antonio Zeppa (No) dec. Paul Marks (East)            

13-10

130: Blake Craft (East) dec. Tom Kusnir (No)                

12-6

135: Justin Davis (East) dec. Alex Allman (Laf)               

3-2

140: Bryan Peace (Ryle) dec. Malcom Jackson (Fc)        

12-5

145: Daniel Thuenenman (Scott) dec Ben Barger (Fc)     

14-1

152: Josh Cooper (Sk) pin. Chip Condon (St. X) 

1st period

160: Johnny Wolsiefer (Fc) m-dec. Ryan Vaughn (Sk) 

15-3

171: Mason Reid (Ryle) m-dec. Ben Rupp (East) 

25-11

189: Ryan Houchens (So) dec. Josh Lewis (Tri) 

4-2

215: Deon Chaney (Fc) m-dec Matt Green (Laf) 

11-3

285: Steve Bodenbender (Ryle) dec. Bruce Mastervich (So) 

5-3

MOW-Mason Reid (Ryle) 171 Lbs

in the second

Fern Creek had 3 place 3rd.  Tommy Warren(103), Dan Weixler(112) and Kyle Hardin(189).

Tommy beat Ryle by points, Wex beat St. X by pin, and Kyle beat Scott 2-1.  I think Branch took 5th at 130, Mann defaulted to sixth at 152, and Simmons took 5th at 125.

What happend to Wood? How seriously is he hurt? Also, this is for the Student, I hope you are not a coach, because if you are, you should be fired. Those are some of the most rediculous statements I have ever heard. Are you saying if I laced you on your face, and had you on your back that you would cry to get up so that I could do it again. That does not sound very smart to me.

Well I thought we dropped this topic but here goes some guy trying to get his two cents worth.

Actually I am not a coach but I was taught in COLLEGE and it has never came into play with me because I rarely go to my back but I see it happen all the time and not only when people are on their back. For example when someone is having their shoulder cranked on and they are obviously going to their back so they squeal a little and the ref stops it, you have probably done it D.W. considering most people have. The other thing is maye he cried maybe he just yelled a little I dont know I was not there, either way he got off his back and did not get "laced on his face again" and he got the pin. I am not saying that this needs to be taught to kids so they do it everytime they are on their backs, but it is a very smart move. You can call it what you want D.W..

what happened to the kid they took out on the stretcher? did he break his neck?

I never saw them take any one out in a stretcher from the Dragon - I saw this at Eastern and no one ever said what happened.

yeah this is the guy who got took out on the stretcher lol yeah im ok it was only a bad concussion nothing fatal or season ending be back this weekend for state duals. The stretcher was a safty precaution so that we could make sure that it was only a concusion not a neck injury