Sign in to follow this  
eaglewrestler12

Region 5 Rankings 1-15-06

Oh yea, don't get me wrong. he was no technique artist, but he knew a couple take downs and a half and a few other things.  I have seen them both wrestle and  he did have a bunch of heart.  My only good guy last year was at 140 and we wrestled against him several times, beating him once and loseing twice.  But I also saw the Davis kid wrestle and he had no technique at all. 

How can you say davis doesnt know takedowns? I'll admit he is not very technical on the ground he has barely any pins this year. But pretty much all of his matches he can take his opponent down at will

I don't think you can rule Davis out. I've seen a lot of good wrestler get beat by wrestler with no technique but plenty of strength and determination! Although the very best wrestlers will recognize a wrestler like Davis' strength and work hard to be prepared for it.

Well, since I was the one who asked, I'll have to admit that he did look pretty good this past weekend.  I remember seeing him at  Woodford Co too, he looked good there as well...but, I still think Stewart can take him.  Call me biased if ya want to.

No, there was no one ranked above him at the Dragon.  But like I said above I have seen him at a couple of different tournaments and he looks pretty good...but not as good as Stewart.  I don't know if they have had a chance to wrestle each other or not.

they should get to wrestle on wensday at north but if not then at regionals because warner will be 1 sweart will be 2 and he should be 3 and i dont know who will be 4 but 1and 4 should meet in the semis and 2 and 3 should meet in the other semis  so we shall see if he can beat stewart but i dont think so just my opion

I think you all should just wait and see what happens instead of underestimating other wrestlers. Just get prepared to wrestle yourselves and don't underestimate those around you.

I think you all should just wait and see what happens instead of underestimating other wrestlers. Just get prepared to wrestle yourselves and don't underestimate those around you.

I am not underestimating him, I just like Stewart because I'm from FC.  I think I said that he looked good,  nope, I'm sure of it, I said he looked good. 

So Wow i guess all of you fern creek fans are eating your words now. I wasn't predicting Davis to beat Stewart just because he is on my team. I knew it was highly likely that it would happen

Come on now, don;t rub it in  Kevin stewart is a senior, and it sucks that he doesnt get ot compete as state.

I respect Kevin for how well he handled himself after his loss. I don't think he could have handled it any better. A 4x State Qualifier (i think) and #3 or #4 in the state as a senior, and he accepted his loss like a great wrestler would. He didn't explode, no tantrums, and shook the other coaches hand. I know if I would have went out that day, it wouldn't have been pretty, so I give much props and respect to Stewart. Great sportsmanship on his behalf, good luck to him in the future.

Come on now, don;t rub it in  Kevin Stewart is a senior, and it sucks that he doesnt get ot compete as state.

I'm Sorry I didn't really mean to direct this to Kevin. He is a real class act and was a great sport about everything that happened yesterday. I really meant this towards all the Fern Creek kids that acted like I was crazy to even think Justin Davis could beat Kevin Stewart. It really is a shame that Kevin won't get to go to state, and I wish good luck to him in the future.