Sign in to follow this  
Bulldog103

Which Weight Class Is The Toughest?

119 is looking pretty thick this year. At pretty much all of the tournies we've gone to it looks like 119 and 135 are stacked.

I would have to say 112 is right in with the mix. Lets compare 112 to 119 and see

112-Sullivan    119-Parks  Sullivan wins this match 2-0 vs parks

Carr                Zeppa  Carr wins hands down

Cornett          Daniels  Close one maybe Daniels pulls one off

Spencer          Wood    another close one depends on which Woods shows up

Frasier            Zarth    I think Zarth wins this but Frasier did place higher last year

Voth              Chui      Cui is just to up and down while Voth is getting better and better Voth wins

Smith            Barton    Have not seen a whole lot of either wrestler????

Scheuer        Norwood  Again same as last ????

Evans            Supe      Evans wins without a doubt.

This is top nine in each weight so you decide.  I have 4-3 with the 112pounders leading with two ???? matches. Lets not forget I am matching 112 against 119, so If you match them up in their own weight classes it seems 112 is a much tougher weight class.

i think 215 is. It gets over looed a look cause its one of the heavier weights. But u have chaney dockery nickel baker and others i cant name off the top of my head

Alright. in my opinion 130 is weak this year, and if it's not weak, then 125 is at least a little harder, so that throws 130 out. 125 is kind of tough, the first ten or so, maybe a little more ranked kids are very tough, but not as much depth as some of the other weights. at the beginning of the year, 140 was really hard, but then people starting dropping to 135 so those two weights kind of evened out. not we get into the lower weights like 112 and 119. those weights look the toughest, but thats just an outsider looking in cause i don't wrestle either of those weights. Going up past 140 i don't pay much attention so i'm not sure how those weights pan out. At 103 again, the first few ranked kids are tough, but there just isn't as much depth to it as there is to the 119 weight class.

215 will be pretty good this year at state

watson 3rd at 189

green 4th 189

winters 6th 189

dials 7 i think at 160

dockery 8th 215

chaney

nickel

baker would be a placer if not hurt last year i think

hartman

forst

this could be interesting who shows up to wrestle at state will win this wieght class i think possibly watson and chaney in the finals but i dont know if i see chaney beating green so depending on draw jordan dockery is very very dangerous so he could pull the upset and douglas winters is no push ove rso he will be in the run dials should be up there to

Alright. in my opinion 130 is weak this year, and if it's not weak, then 125 is at least a little harder, so that throws 130 out.

you should go 130 then, and lets see how it works out for you. by far the weakest weightclasses this year are 103 and heavyweight.

you should go 130 then, and lets see how it works out for you. by far the weakest weightclasses this year are 103 and heavyweight.

Actually the beginning of the year i did wrestle 130 and the guys there, are alot stornger than most of the guys at 125. but compare the good wrestlers at 25 to the good wrestlers at 30, there are more of them. that's what i meant by 25 being harder than 30.

I would have to say 112 is right in with the mix. Lets compare 112 to 119 and see

112-Sullivan     119-Parks   Sullivan wins this match 2-0 vs parks

Carr                Zeppa  Carr wins hands down

Cornett           Daniels  Close one maybe Daniels pulls one off

Spencer          Wood     another close one depends on which Woods shows up

Frasier            Zarth     I think Zarth wins this but Frasier did place higher last year

Voth               Chui      Cui is just to up and down while Voth is getting better and better Voth wins

Smith             Barton    Have not seen a whole lot of either wrestler????

Scheuer         Norwood  Again same as last ????

Evans            Supe       Evans wins without a doubt.

This is top nine in each weight so you decide.  I have 4-3 with the 112pounders leading with two ???? matches. Lets not forget I am matching 112 against 119, so If you match them up in their own weight classes it seems 112 is a much tougher weight class.

Student, I don't think your analysis is a very good measure. Since those guys are at different weights we'll never know who would win those matches. Considering the 112 weight class will have some middle school kids in it and the 119 will probably won't, the 112's that make it to state won't have as tough a path to make it. As for winning state I wouldn't be surprised if there are Middle Schoolers in the state tournament too. So I say the 119 wrestlers have a tougher weight class.

Student, I don't think your analysis is a very good measure. Since those guys are at different weights we'll never know who would win those matches. Considering the 112 weight class will have some middle school kids in it and the 119 will probably won't, the 112's that make it to state won't have as tough a path to make it. As for winning state I wouldn't be surprised if there are Middle Schoolers in the state tournament too. So I say the 119 wrestlers have a tougher weight class.

How else would you analyze these two weight classes if not head to head. Isnt head to head how every tournament is seeded? I dont understand your logic about middle schoolers making it to state because if they do make it to state in either the 112 or 119 pound weight class then they obviously are good enough to be there and beat high schoolers to get there. I respect your opinion so thanks for commenting on this topic but I still think I have the best logical explaination with if we match them up right now even if they are in two different weight classes the 112 pounders would beat the 119 pounders in a dual meet or tournament points standard.

The 112's and 119'2 are in a differen't weight. you can't compare them head to head, it's just not fair, they are wrestling different weights for a reason.

I'm only saying some of the Middle School wrestlers haven't matured to men yet. Therefore since the 112 and 103 weight classes are mixed with HS and MS more than 119 is, the 119 wrestlers have tougher matches when they rise to the top of their weight class. Sure there are exceptions and some Middle School wrestlers are awesome, but overall I think the weight classes that are all high schoolers are tougher.

Simple 112 isn't tough this year. There's not enough of them and the ones that are are either good or awfull (about half and half really). I myself have gotten 16/17 forfeits because there's not enough 112's to about 12 different schools.

I think that the 103 weight class is by far the weakest weight class and the 171/119 is the hardest weight class.