Sign in to follow this  
I-pinned-em-all

What state champ will be most dominant

C'mon Ranger, let us boys have a little fun! OBTW, I need to PM you with some recent happenings, but I'll probably wait til tomorrow, need to get some shut-eye.

I'm all for a little fun.  I just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents worth.  It was probably only worth a penny since I didn't go out on a limb; just took the safe bet.

This is really an epic battle:

1) Banks - one of the most successful wrestlers in the history of one of the best programs in the state, all he is missing is a state title

2) Cooper - following in the line of a great wrestling family; a Cooper has won a title for 6 years in a row (7 total titles), can he keep the streak going?

3) Ervin - another great wrestling family (5 titles, I believe)

One of these guys will wake up greatly disappointed on February 18.  And Banks and Cooper don't get another shot.

Sorry to just come out of no where.. but northern kentucky wrestlers have an advantage by wrestling in ohio it does have alot of good competition which comes out with better wrestlers... but overall i think it will depend on heart on who wins it this year... who is the most into wrestling, and who wants it the baddest.

Umm I think Wolsifer will by far be the most dominate this year, or maybe even byrd.  Call me crazy but I have a gut feeling that Sullivan wont win state at 112. Also going out on a limb here, but I honestley believe that Sheehan can hang with Cooper, Banks, and Ervin, he is looking very good this year.

Neither Cooper nor Banks will have any trouble with any opponent down state. Mitch is a great kid but will lose by a major against either of the above. Cooper and Banks are just that much ahead of the game. Physically, Banks is superior. Technically, Cooper is superior. I believe its a draw between them. Certainly, neither will dominate one another. Mitch is very physical and technical but not quite at their level yet. Perhaps another year and he'll be there. Hitchings is a good kid but will be pinned in Frankfort by all 3 of the above.

As I mentioned before, Wolsifer walks through unscathed and unchallenged. He will eat people alive down state. I believe him to be most dominant and probably most outstanding wrestler.

Choate will not last more than 2 periods.

Byrd may have a chance of winning, but he will not "dominate" the South Oldham Heavy. I believe I read somewhere that Byrd got pinned by South Oldham earlier???

I still believe Sullivan elevates down state and walks through at 112. He is an animal, both physically and technically. He may not pin all the way through, but no one will legitimately challenge him.

I can't wait to see the Banks/Cooper match!  And don't count out Sheehan.  Has Hitchings wrestled anyone this year?  I saw he placed well (won?)at the Indiana tournament. Has he wrestled Banks, Cooper, Irvin or Sheehan all year?, besides a chance at State Duals.  Just don't think he is at their level yet.  But he is only a freshman and could be a multiple time champ.

My vote in this weight class is Banks.

Most dominant, I'll go with Wolsifer.  And then Warner.

Neither Cooper nor Banks will have any trouble with any opponent down state. Mitch is a great kid but will lose by a major against either of the above. Cooper and Banks are just that much ahead of the game. Physically, Banks is superior. Technically, Cooper is superior. I believe its a draw between them. Certainly, neither will dominate one another. Mitch is very physical and technical but not quite at their level yet. Perhaps another year and he'll be there. Hitchings is a good kid but will be pinned in Frankfort by all 3 of the above.

As I mentioned before, Wolsifer walks through unscathed and unchallenged. He will eat people alive down state. I believe him to be most dominant and probably most outstanding wrestler.

Choate will not last more than 2 periods.

Byrd may have a chance of winning, but he will not "dominate" the South Oldham Heavy. I believe I read somewhere that Byrd got pinned by South Oldham earlier???

I still believe Sullivan elevates down state and walks through at 112. He is an animal, both physically and technically. He may not pin all the way through, but no one will legitimately challenge him.

how can you say that no one will legitamately challenge him, he has already had 2 almost losses to Warra 6-2 and voth 6-4 both matches were very close. I am not saying that he doesn't have a good chance of winning it, I am just stating that he could be knocked off by 5 or 6 of the wrestlers ranked below him. And I am sure that carr is hungry for him...

Tyler Voth has been dominating this year, I think his closest match was like 12-4 against the #4 ranked kid. If Cody Lewis is going 30 he could be one of the most dominant come the state tourney.

Please notice that I said Sullivan "elevates" down state. Sullivan is no stranger to being a champ. I remember Sullivan, as a freshman, pinning every opponent in the state tournament, including the finals.  Getting close to beating someone during the season is no where near the same as giving them a good match down state. Sullivan will elevate when it counts and consequently dominate all opponents. He may have a match within several points, but I seriously doubt he will ever be in jeopardy of losing. Don't bet against Sullivan. He will be the 4th wrestler in Ky history to ever be a 4 time state champ.

voths match with fuller was 22-11 and he won the 3rd period by around 10, he would have tech falled had he not come out flat in the 1st and 2nd. he also pinned sloan who is ranked 3rd in the 2nd period and he was winning 7-1

tyler voth has only had 2 matches to go all three periods this year and his closest match was a win over dan fuller(ranked 4th) which he won by 12 points

yeah can't rule out voth. although i did go until the third. With 11 seconds left i got techfalled because of near fall. i'm working hard to try and make it all three periods.

i did say you can't rule out Voth, and you can't. unless he does what he did last year. went into state undefeated, haden't had a very close match all year, then got beat in the finals to murner, who he had techfalled earlier in the year. no disrespect to him, but if he wants to be the most dominant wrestler at state, or win for that matter, he'll have to go to state to wrestle this year.

Please notice that I said Sullivan "elevates" down state. Sullivan is no stranger to being a champ. I remember Sullivan, as a freshman, pinning every opponent in the state tournament, including the finals.  Getting close to beating someone during the season is no where near the same as giving them a good match down state. Sullivan will elevate when it counts and consequently dominate all opponents. He may have a match within several points, but I seriously doubt he will ever be in jeopardy of losing. Don't bet against Sullivan. He will be the 4th wrestler in Ky history to ever be a 4 time state champ.

every year come state sullivan has been having closer matches with key people in his weight class, to name a few 2005- pinned car and parks 2006- beat carr 5-0 beat parks 2-0... other people get better too...

Courtney isn't going to bash everyone because he almost lost to thuneman a little while ago

that's what I was thinking.  If Thuneman stays at 145 I could see him beating Courtney.

i think there are a few more than just what you have mentioed  martin no one has been close-eck again no one close-warner again no one has been close voth-and i am shur thier are others but any given day any one of these guys could hit a road block so i think they should all take it one match at a time and when saturday night isover we will seewho  is the most dominet state champ wont we  good luck to everyone of you with the rest of your season

I am gonna have to say wolsifer  is easily going to dominate 160 There is no one there. Voth will beat whoever and sullivan is the favorate to win of course but there are definatly 2-3 guys chasing him right now.

i think there are a few more than just what you have mentioed  martin no one has been close-eck again no one close

I've wrestled eck at 130 and he didnt beat me by that much to be a state champ. I think it was maybe 6 points, and that's not to mention i bumped up. so to say he's had no close matches is wrong, at least to compare that close of a match to the other kids you are talking about who's closest match is ten or more points. eck is good, but not the most dominant, but i havent seen him wrestle since he beat me and that was the very first tournament of the season, maybe he's progressed and i havent seen it.

I've wrestled eck at 130 and he didnt beat me by that much to be a state champ. I think it was maybe 6 points, and that's not to mention i bumped up. so to say he's had no close matches is wrong, at least to compare that close of a match to the other kids you are talking about who's closest match is ten or more points. eck is good, but not the most dominant, but i havent seen him wrestle since he beat me and that was the very first tournament of the season, maybe he's progressed and i havent seen it.

yea he keeps a lot of his matches close, like his finals match against the like 17th guy in the state, i wasn't sure if he deserved MOW, if anybody on north hardins team I thought jones or demery but thats just my opinion

i think the favorite in this discussion on who will be the most dominant should be mason reid. he beat the #1 and #2 kids consecutively by 11 and 14. I would have to say that is pretty dominant. Have any other wrestlers really dominated their top-competition by that much? I think Wolsiefer only beat Choate by like 6 to 8 right, but I'm not for sure.

banks will not pin cooper and mason reid teched ben rupp who is still ranked higher than him according to ranger 123 i think unless ben rupp steps it up mason will be most dominant at state