Sign in to follow this  
Olympic_wish

What makes your Coach Awesome?

What makes your coach stand out?

What seperates him from the rest of the coaches in the state?

I dig these kind of questions, mostly cause coaching takes alot of time, alot of heart, and alot of patience.  Seeing what's good about people's coaches shows some of the commitment and strength we have in the state.

Sound off.

I like our coach because it's like hangin' out with a big, immature idiot teenager. But on the other hand he still commands respect.

I gain knowledge from all of my coaches I have a coach that i could come up to and ask him any question whether it would be about wrestling or life in general ,his knowledge expands from back into the 70's and knows what it takes to be a state champion. Our head coach is there for us making sure we are on task. Our Assistant head coach/ weight trainer makes us weight lift everyday no matter how much I hate it. Then we have two younger coaches that are very cool out of the mat but when it comes down to business we work our tails off and they make sure we walk out of practice second guessing whether we want to do this or not. But they know only the kids who have the heart come back. The younger coaches are on a different level because they are fresh and have college wrestling experience. Basically thats a sum of my coaches.

I gain knowledge from all of my coaches I have a coach that i could come up to and ask him any question whether it would be about wrestling or life in general ,his knowledge expands from back into the 70's and knows what it takes to be a state champion. Our head coach is there for us making sure we are on task. Our Assistant head coach/ weight trainer makes us weight lift everyday no matter how much I hate it. Then we have two younger coaches that are very cool out of the mat but when it comes down to business we work our tails off and they make sure we walk out of practice second guessing whether we want to do this or not. But they know only the kids who have the heart come back. The younger coaches are on a different level because they are fresh and have college wrestling experience. Basically thats a sum of my coaches.

That sounds alot my days in school.  That is how you build a winning program.  You have to be pushed to excel you definately have to have an inner strength to drive you to want to do better.  It's just too bad I didn't find it until my senior year.  Too little too late.

I've posted this before, but it says allot for coaches.

COACHING

Coaches are the backbone of athletics. In the eyes of the athlete, the coach has many roles such as being the disciplinarian, role model, leader, psychologist, friend, parent substitute, and sometimes the life management advisor. However, the coach as the professional has other roles such as manager, teacher, coordinator, recruiter, trainer, fund raiser, public relations person, strategist, and tactician. Coaches pull in various disciplines and teams to work synergistically to yield an effective and efficient team of athletes.

I know Campbell county Coaches Bankemper and GRay are widely talked about for very good reasons but this post is not about him it is about the best assistant coach ever.... Who is that you ask?

Coach Jason Moore He is a great wrestler, Has great Technique to teach  not only the young guys but to our most experienced group as well. He is very good looking LOL He is an incredible Coach and i look forward to the rest of my years as his Wrestler in training.

Guest uc215

i think our coaches stand out because of the mentality they give us.  when we feel like we have nothing left and are ready to die from exhaustion....they push us harder.  I respect my coaches, as we all should.

I have one coach is a Michigan state champ and a national champ for one of my coaches, my head coach is fighting Brazilian jujitsu and is a state champ power lifter, then we have another coach who had wrestling at Eastern Michigan and then wrestled in the Army and was going to try out for the Olympics but it was the year we boycotted it.