Sign in to follow this  
ctown714

Alternate question

I understand as being a middle school alternate you fill the gap if someone from your region isn't able to. But how does the selection work as far as getting in if another regions alternate has a chance but isn' there. Is this selection process in writing somewhere. 

https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/document/0136/1837/BYLAWS_of_the_KENTUCKY_FOLKSTYLE_WRESTLING_COMMITTEE.pdf

7. Post season roll-up plan – any open slot in a region or state tournament bracket will be filled via the following roll-up plan regardless of the reason for the opening (includes missing weight) a. Individual State – 5 th place in same region, 5 th place in another region as determined by the following rotation plan: Region 2, Region 1, Region 3, Region 4

Any open spots will first be filled by the alternate from the region of the missing wrestler.  If that alternate isn't available, then the alternate from the next region in the rotation gets the spot.  I'm not sure where what that rotation is, but it is usually put out prior to state.

Just out of curiosity... Let me ask a question. ..

Say a 1 seed or 2 seed for some reason missed weight. . 

Would the alternate take his or her spot as the one or two seed or would everyone from that region move up a spot?

#MurphysLaw.

28 minutes ago, Bond James Bond said:

Just out of curiosity... Let me ask a question. ..

Say a 1 seed or 2 seed for some reason missed weight. . 

Would the alternate take his or her spot as the one or two seed or would everyone from that region move up a spot?

#MurphysLaw.

All seeds roll up and the alternate moves into the 4 spot.

• Upvote 1