Sign in to follow this  
Pipewrench

Troxel vs Salyers

I know it is early and rankings means nothing in this early part of the season, but how can Troxel be ranked over salyers. Salyers seems to have his number by beating him last season and pinning him already this year..           

There both good wrestlers i look forward to seeing them in the region and state

Who says Troxell is ranked over Salyers.  I have Salyers #4 and Troxell #17.  I think a few things will change over the course of the season and they will finish closer, but I think Salyers in much higher right now.

OK, I'll answer my own question.  I didn't realize which I was in, you must be talking about the middle school rankings.  Keep in mind this is a new thing to rank the youth.  And those results are probably even harder to come by than the high school info.

I understand how hard it is to rank the middle school kids, especially when there is not a lot of head to head competition between the kids until the regional and state tournament. I do enjoy seeing the rankings though. It is nice to see the interest at the middle school level that means the sport is growing and the future of wrestling in the state looks bright.

Jarvis(FC) beat Troxell(MC) today

Jarvis beat Troxell

Floyd beat Jarvis

Jarvis beat McCall

McCall has beat Jarvis and Floyd

Looks like there is a lot of parity at 103.

From a spectator stand point it looked to me like the jarvis vs troxell match was a fluke..  Not bashing jarvis for being in the right place at the right time or anything but troxell was up something like 8-1 or something and got caught in a head n arm early in the second after dominating the first period, and getting a quick reversal in the second period.

cant wait til state...

From a spectator stand point it looked to me like the jarvis vs troxell match was a fluke..  Not bashing jarvis for being in the right place at the right time or anything but troxell was up something like 8-1 or something and got caught in a head n arm early in the second after dominating the first period, and getting a quick reversal in the second period.

cant wait til state...

Jarvis has a wicked head lock.  When Jarvis wrestled Floyd, Floyd was up and Jarvis caught him in a headlock with short time to go and barely made it to the whistle.  Jarvis was down 7-0 to McCall and caught him with a head lock.  Jarvis is really good at getting the head lock, it's no fluke.  You just have to keep your head away.

Don't be so sure jimmy, we all know come our "postseason" of wrestling that ANYTHING can happen. Nothing us a guarantee especially if they meet at State Duals this weekend!!