Sign in to follow this  
Neutral

Dake V Burroughs

I can see some calls going the other way, but after watching Dake in person at the Olympic trials and on Flo yesterday, I think he turns officials off from the get go. He has got to be one of the biggest crybabies I've ever seen. I think he would be a lot better off if he'd just shut up and wrestle. 

• Upvote 1

Oh I totally agree. I do believe he came to wrestle. The patent high crotch was beautiful at times. Also the response to going on the shot clock, I just don't know if he should have been put on the the shot clock that fast the second time. However admittedly I don't follow the freestyle rules too close.

I tell the kids all the time sometimes you have to win the match twice. & sometimes you have to overcome some bad calls. Great thing about wrestling.  

Dake staying in a 3 point stance is considered blocking which is passive.  It is effective in Folkstyle but will be cautioned and called passivity in Freestyle.  After being called for passivity from being in that position Dake continued to go back to it.  He took a chance to slow Jordan down, which worked somewhat but not without a cost.

You three may be the only folks who think JB deserved that match. Dake was the better wrestler and JB knows it. Looking forward to their next go around next month. 

The official did not think Dake deserved the match.

In all seriousness, Dake is definitely knocking at JB's door to dethrone him.  It's going to happen, I just don't know if its going to be this year.  Sure makes it exciting though.  Either way, I don't believe that we will have a world champ at 74kg. this year.  The only international tournament that Dake has won was in France which is B list at best.  With JB barely beating Dake I'm not sure he can pull off another gold.  JB barely won out at the World Cup;but he did win.  He knows how to win matches at the international level so he just might pull out another gold.  I just wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.  He has to get past Dake in June to give it another go.  It should be a barn burner.