Sign in to follow this  
Eagle HVT

luna leaves

With no disrespect meant towards anyone, this is really starting to bother me .This has got to be a record year for kids quitting this great sport.Why is this such a growing trend today?

I'm sure this was a kneejerk reaction to a problem he is having at this time. Surely cooler heads will prevail and Luna will come back to wrestle. For him and his team, I hope he makes the right decision.

Im not necessarily talking about Luna but Ive heard of many kids getting mad and quitting or just quitting for no reason and this sport is just too benefitting for that

I dont know why but it seems as though when people start to get better they start to not want to wrestle anymore and ive talked to other teams in my region and most of them only have like 2 or 3 wrestlers on the team that actually like it and i think that its a shame

With no disrespect meant towards anyone, this is really starting to bother me .This has got to be a record year for kids quitting this great sport.Why is this such a growing trend today?

That is so true, maybe it is the new weight rule? That is a shame, Luna is a great wrestler, I hope he reconsiders his decision.

Did the coach come down on him hard or something?  Why would he do that?

Not by a longshot, the coach went above a beyond to help Luna as he does for all his wrestlers. Joaquin just didn't want to be part of the Eastern team.

i heared from some people that easterns coach does the KHSAA rankings and luna is still ranked 1st at 119 i think

Probably either

1. Hoping that he will return

or 2.  He quit after the rankings were developed. (Remember the coaches get the rankings about 1 week before they are on the site)

What about going 125?

roderick shoulders is wrestling 125, an joaquin had already bumped him up to 125 because he didnt want to wrestle 112

i think he was really feeling that he was hurting the team by the constant change in his weight class

Again, why not 125? If he is truly placement material and cannot hold 119, why is 125 out of the question? Quitting seems a little drastic.

i kno  for a fact that he is able to hold 119, but he jus has been acting like he doesnt care

wen we went to fern creek he knew he was .4 lbs over but he didnt do any thing about it. he didnt even run or anything the day before he was eating a bunch of junk food at a basketball game

Probably either

1. Hoping that he will return

or 2.  He quit after the rankings were developed. (Remember the coaches get the rankings about 1 week before they are on the site)

coach coomes did that purposely to let Luna know what he just gave up on

Joaquin is Personally my best friend and I considered him to be likea brother to me. I was always at all his tournaments even when my team southern was not at that tournament. he got me into the sport. he said that he was just sick of it here. he moved to New york to live with his father there. he does not plan on coming back I have already stressed to him about what he could have accomplished here and nothing could seem to change his mind. but he will start wrestling in new york shortly. He is going top Join the Newtown High School wrestling team in New york (the same high school his older brother wrestled for). but he has also been through personal problems here too so he just decided to move back to New york cause he used to live there before he moved here. but I will keep you guys posted on any information about him.