Achilles

NCAA Bid Allotments

I mean, shouldn't the best 220 of all time and #1 future olympian aa at least once?

And were ranked.....were. 

With this being austin  breakout season and all, who would you consider his signature win?

• Upvote 1

Well maybe Austin should have took a couple yrs of then went on sabatical or something hahahah it doeant matter how old you are goof ask Bo Jordan hes the same age Austin will be when hes a JR .And coach Smith will.have the same.thoughts about it as Coach Ryan does now.:)

And really...how old is Mark Hall?  We know he was held back in high school at least one year.

There is one good point Achilles makes we should pay attention to.  I am pretty sure that Kyle Snyder bypassed his senior year of high school wrestling and spent the entire year training at the Olympic Development Center.  So...we paid for the guy to get specialized training by our best Olympic coaches, and he won an Olympic gold medal for the United States.  I have no problem with that, frankly. 

For that highly specialized year long training to find its way to the NCAA college tournament - I do have some issues with that.

How would it impact ATM if he now took a year off of college and spent it under the tutelage of our Olympic coaches at the ODC?

HE has great coaches now ,the point is getting that in High School years is an even bigger boost and of course most college kids do not make 300 k from wrestling in a yr .Not hating at all its all good but its all just facts ,sports are like that everyone has to pay a price or play the game how they see it If I sent my kid of to live at the olympic training center people would accuse me being a bad parent and taking away from their live if I was a coach of a HS and my kids were home schooled most of their lives and wrestled 3 x a day I would be accuses of being an obsesive hypocrite but if you do something and win it always becomes less irritable to the public .Its all good and I find it funny people knocking a kid like Austin for losing to someone like Snyder when a lot of kids even high levels dodge or wait for everything to be perfect.I would be fine with a kid who wrestled and.played ball almost every year who makes something happen .I would not trade an Austin for 2 Snyders or Stephen and Austin for all the Jordans .My sons grew up fierce wrestlers and football players with athletic but not wrestling coach parents at a Graham or Ohio State and they took more heat than anyone in the sport for moves and a dad who takes up for them .And now the quiet one who usually set in his brothers shadow and who followed him and listened and.learned and worked all those xtra hours all those practices tournaments and time spent gets to go to the biggest tournament in.the sport as a rs Freshman in the toughest class in the toughest sport in.the world He has no Heroes he was told to never believe anyone is unreachable.and.he could do anything and.obviously he believes it .Two things come.to mind

1 a close loss to Brinson at  jr nationals   answered with a bigger win at sr nationals when it counted most.

2 a bad bad major decision loss to Zack Parker 12 to 4  earlier this yr right after a bad loss to Snyder followed by a 3 to 1 win this past weekend in a fight to make nationals .

Austin can do anything because he is his own Hero.

Talk all the crap you want haters it doesnt mean or change a thing over and over You get proven wrong.

• Downvote 2

Best 220 of all time ,,not sure who said that but first 4 x 220 and 4 x High School undefeated 220  Those are and always will be FACTS not only for KY but this country.Another fact is he will be the only freshman in his class at nationals next week  and if he quit after next week he has already done more than anyone who has ever knocked him.

• Downvote 1

"Now for the haters here let's do the math 9 schools in MAC 5 heavies going 14 SCHOOLS big 10, 7 heavies going .

Drum roll...........Higher percentage of MAC heavies will be wrestling in St Louis "

Drum roll. Rnd 1. Mac heavies 0-5. Big ten 5-2.

Behind the numbers. Mac heavies score ZERO offensive points and are completely shut out in  2 out of 5 matches. 

Mac heavies will get at least a win tonight. Gunning and smerchek wrestle eachother. Parker can't go 0-2 because he lost in the rattail.

RND 2 tonight.

• Upvote 1

Correction parker can go 0-2  and he did.

Not a good rnd for Mac heavies. Another shut out for atm, hutch loses  and parker loses.  Some positive though. Hutch did muster the first and only mac offensive point against non mac opponents. Smercheck pins gunning in their mac off.  Mac now 0-8 against non mac and 1-1 against the mac.

Big ten heavys go 5-0 on the champ side with 5 of the 8 in the quarters. In the consI side, big ten heavies go 2-0 with Hemida getting a win. Big ten heavies finish the day with a 12-2 record..

Drum roll..big ten 12-2 and mac 1-9(0-8 against non mac) after rnd 2.

Drum roll Still higher percentage of.MAC heavies lol.all.your rantng and the results change nothing There was still a Higher percentage of MAC heavies .and your still a deuchebag and Austin is still Austin only a fresh now he has a chance to be a 4 x nat qualifier at Heavy his sr year and no one else does goes into the third down 1 zip to the 8 th ranked guy in the country then loses a match 1 0 on.some.bad decisions  in my opinion to another top 20 ranked guy .

As for the Kroells match no one.argued with his coaches one told him down one said neutral .he went down ....Because Smith told him and.that was not good or bad .Deffereing in.his second.match was not wise in my opinion.but hey who am.I lol.

Better yet who are you wildcat ...a nobody .

Its obvious He has closed the gap between him and.the top guys he has came.back and beaten ncaa qualifiers who majored him earlier in the year and went into ot with others who beat him handily earlier .Heavy weight is not like any other class a much wider range of sises technique and skill set than any other class obviously it takes more effort to compensate for the variety of opponents you face .Obviously Austin has done that and is on track to becoming one of the best He will easily surpass say a Kroells and I would say Walz as well before he is done if he stays on pace .I would worry more about yourself than guys like Austin who are your betters it amazes me that they let you hang around here and knock and run down not only ky wrestlers but easily the one KY wrestler who brought more attention to the state over the last few years than any number of wrestlers before him..

This site risks becoming what some others have a rag site where people come to knock and attack individuals who do not hide behind user names and whatever wrestlers they choose to knock attack and berate .

I suggest something is done about it .

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Achilles said:

Its obvious He has closed the gap between him and.the top guys

.Obviously Austin has done that and is on track to becoming one of the best He will easily surpass say a Kroells and I would say Walz as well before he is done if he stays on pace .

By top guys you mean guys who lucked into the the tournament while going 0-2  and not scoring a point right?

As per the 2nd part.....thank you. Gold pure gold.

Congrats on the mac for getting a higher % in. The results speak for themselves as far as the quality of wrestling out of the mac hwt. I have a feeling if not for some big ten injurys you wouldn't have had the option of going  to st Louis and watching your son get shut out twice.

If lucked into the tournament you mean.beat the number 1 seed in his conference and earned his qualifying spot only gave up 1 td in double  ot off his own shot in his conference and the NCAA championships lol 

HOW MANY TD DID ANYONE GET ON.HIM THIS WEEK ?

TWO FLO TOP 20 guys one a.  rs Sr returning double AA and neither managed a td lol try your mind.garbage on the unknowing as for me I see where its all headed and its the podium on top of the MAC very soon and the podium   at the NCAAs in the toughest class in the country.

Here we go again.. toughest class? Hahah please. You cant help your self. The best athletes at that weight are playing football aside from 1 or 3 elite guys a year. Snyder is the exemption. It is better than that weight class they call 220 in highschool. I will give you that.

It's Obvious that the whole game plan austin has is to keep it close and hope for the best at the end. That's what unskilled heavies are able to do. Make no doubt about it. He had zero chance against Kroells and the other guy knew he was safe with a 1-0 win. 

14 minutes ago, wildcat2002 said:

Congrats on the mac for getting a higher % in. The results speak for themselves as far as the quality of wrestling out of the mac hwt. I have a feeling if not for some big ten injurys you wouldn't have had the option of going  to st Louis and watching your son get shut out twice.

You are a weird dude 90% of your comments are based on knocking a 20 year old... Like who wakes up daily to take shots at the same 2 people.. lol 

21.5 year old rs freshman. Clarity is important when dealing here.

Nothing against austin, aside from a few instance he appears to be a good kid. It's the dad and his boasting No one can stand. 

It's important not to let crazy people post with no fact checking or persepctive. With out myself and others to show you the other side. Dad might be able to get away with his claims that.

Atm is...the best 220 ever. The greatest ever , the best freshman ever, the best from ky ever, the best from cc ever, wrestles in the toughest weight class, wrestles in the toughest conference..etc etc.

You shoukd see what he has say on other sites. He tones it down for ya....

• Upvote 1

You can make numbers say a lot of things. In my opinion the MAC got an inordinant amount of 285s in. Myers was an AQ, so the only beef can be with the at-large bids. Recall, three of the top ten 285s are injured. That alone takes out three of the bids. Not saying they are MAC guys, just that three wouldn't have made it on their own merit. Now, once in the tournament it is all performance based. No RPIs, coaches polls, etc. Time to put up. This would be my only argument against MAC 285s. The past three years have produced one placer, a 7th. Big time losing record during that span. I don't care to spend the time pouring over what the selection committee looked at. I trust they picked the best available, regardless of conference.

Back to numbers. Yes, you can screw around with percentages, and do the totally inaccurate transitive thing: "so and so beat so and so, who beat so and so, therefore this guy is the best." Never works out that way. Never. Bottom line is what did you do at the dance? MAC guys underwhelmed (again). I could understand getting shut out a little better if there had been some offensive scoring. There was none at all. I got a kick out of Flo picking Hutchison as a dark horse to place.  I wouldn't be surprised if the 285 AQ for the MAC was dropped. Unless......unless the committee sees dramatic improvement during the regular season. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2017 at 10:46 AM, Wrestling Dad said:

And really...how old is Mark Hall?  We know he was held back in high school at least one year.

There is one good point Achilles makes we should pay attention to.  I am pretty sure that Kyle Snyder bypassed his senior year of high school wrestling and spent the entire year training at the Olympic Development Center.  So...we paid for the guy to get specialized training by our best Olympic coaches, and he won an Olympic gold medal for the United States.  I have no problem with that, frankly. 

For that highly specialized year long training to find its way to the NCAA college tournament - I do have some issues with that.

How would it impact ATM if he now took a year off of college and spent it under the tutelage of our Olympic coaches at the ODC?

I think an argument can be made here. Maybe these guys will be excluded from collegiate competition is the future. In all sports. A few things. First, we are talking about an Olympic sport. How many NCAA guys train at RTCs? A lot. Second, I enjoy watching guys like Snyder and J'Den get after it. You do too (c'mon, admit it ;) ) It is good promotion for the sport. Keep in mind: A wrestler doesn't just show up at the Regional Training Center. He must be invited. Even then, there is an evaluation period. Another route to the RTC is to petition in and pay your way. That route comes with an evaluation period as well, assuming your petition is accepted. So, Snyder was elite in HS. As in The Elite Guy. Did you see his interview after 2nd round match? He said he weighed 223 that morning. 223!!! 

• Upvote 1

Mac heavies proved the rest of their worth today. It's seemed impossible, but they go winless against non mac opponents. A pathetic 0-9. They mustered between the 5 of them exactly 2 offensive points off a single td. 

Big ten heavies have 2 in the semis and everyone is still in the tournament except for Jenson. He went 1-2. The rest of the heavies will wrestle tonight in the blood rnd to decide AA status. 

Of note, super 32 champ youssif hemida, a true sophomore is still in the tournament......

• Upvote 1

Exactly when did Youseff Hemida win 32 you idiot he lost to someone.Austin teched 10 zip at fargo and.pinned the year before hahahah 

And Austin.embarassed him and that crap ref at 32 lol

Then Hemida..entered Flo nats and For some.reason after Austin beat Brinson failed to.show up hajahahab

Your in.such a hurry to knock the king you make the pawns castles before they reach the other side 

DuMB  @&$ and Hemida beat who lol no one like Kroells who Austin.faced .

HEMIDA IS BIG TALL ATHLETIC and will be ok in college  BUT DId NOTHING IN High School of note absolutely Nuthin .

And you.better check your stats Jennings did better than.Hemida and Well guess who beat him handily last yr.

Your a Moron hahabahab

• Downvote 1

On 3/17/2017 at 6:25 PM, wildcat2002 said:

Mac heavies proved the rest of their worth today. It's seemed impossible, but they go winless against non mac opponents. A pathetic 0-9. They mustered between the 5 of them exactly 2 offensive points off a single td. 

Big ten heavies have 2 in the semis and everyone is still in the tournament except for Jenson. He went 1-2. The rest of the heavies will wrestle tonight in the blood rnd to decide AA status. 

Of note, super 32 champ youssif hemida, a true sophomore is still in the tournament......

Dumb dumb dumb hahahahah

MISSOURI Tigers Mac scoring champs ,8 nat qualifiers Top 5 finish at nat only fresh heavy to make.the dance Coach of the year 3 finalists 1 champ 7 nat qualifiers rerurning next year .

MARYLAND I dont even know wth they call their team hahahabababa

Meanwhile a former ohio 2x champ and D1 aa gets stuck by an unseeded kid then teched hahahahahaha not 20 feet in front of me.and you want to knock a freshman heavy battling a 3 x AA and a top 20 ranked guy he lost to by a point.

Hahahahahahahahah

I have seen Austins match against the real super ,32 champ Patrick Grayson on the home page of this site perhaps you should take a gander lol

I guess his ref couldnt make it to Flo or nhsca and Brinson didnt have the ref who let him and his coach stall ten minutes between periods at jr nat at sr nat and.got put on hi.back by the power that is ATM

On 3/19/2017 at 7:00 PM, Achilles said:

Meanwhile a former ohio 2x champ and D1 aa gets stuck by an unseeded kid then teched hahahahahaha not 20 feet in front of me.and you want to knock a freshman heavy battling a 3 x AA and a top 20 ranked guy he lost to by a point.

Hahahahahahahahah

From Joey Ward's dad:

" He had a horrible injury at ACC's and gave it his best shot going into this. It wasn't something anyone wanted to advertise but was very obvious when he was on the mat. Love this sport through all the ups and downs! He has been a thrill to watch and made our family proud handling this all like the champ that he is! Go Tar Heels"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Straight up class. There's plenty of class to go around. Go get ya some.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1