Sign in to follow this  
wildcat2002

UNI STUNS Mizzou, wins MAC title

I believe I mentiones you had to have 17 matches to be in RPI and even with anyone who may not have those added in a kid like Austin setting at 24 is still easily In top 33 And Snyder is a different case he picks and chooses his matches most do not and the RPI goes on your wins not just your schedule funny how you try to make it look as if its based on a schedule regardless of wins and losses why do you think Basketbaall and the otber NCAA sports us RPI other than  coaches polls or anyone elses, its because they are far more flawed than RPI rating that uses wins.and losses against level of comp.As for coaches polls since you using Hutchison in MAC who has 2 in coaches poll 4 in RPI the coaches poll in Mac moved up a wrestler from their last poll who never even wrestled a match and had a loss agagainst someone he was moved ahead of who also beat someone who beat him since the last ranking .Obviously  coaches polls are far more flawed and political than one based soley on stat like RPI and the bigger conferences and even.fans like you will come up with excuses as to why the bids are not based off of stats rather than coaches preference .Hutchison and.Everard both have been ranked this year in the top 20 on flow or Intermat Not sure why the Mac drops a guy like hutchison out of their top 4 and moves a guy up who has not.wrestled seems.fishy at best them playing with the seeds Hutchison will be a top guy without a seed playing spoiler to someone with a higher rank It will be interesting to see who they throw him against early their purpose will be revealed again politics at its best.

• Downvote 1

On 2/14/2017 at 11:05 AM, crazyotto said:

He finds himself in a situation many bigger guys do: too big for 97, too small (by traditional standards) for HWT. The HWT class is undergoing significant change. The era of two slow-footed biggies leaning on each other for two plus periods is over. We now see many athletic and lighter guys having great success. A trend that is here to stay. 

Agreed and as for a guy like Austin few heavys have his style of attack he shoots and attacks everyone regardless of sise or talent  level the problem is most heavies do not and are playing defense over time he will break their D and his endurance and mat timing will increase and he will have greatee and greater success just like this week where he beat McKiernan in OT and had good offense and was in deep on shots throughout the match his comp are trying to avoid his o in the begining and he is pacing himself better while adjusting to his new weight .

Write it down next year he will win those close matches like he had with Black Sweeny and Cornwell and he has already shown he can beat wrestlers wbo have beaten those guys as his year went on .An up and down year for sure but a 3rd place at Uni open good showing at Scuffle and a super tough schedule I dont think anyone expected much better looking at his schedule in the begining Wins against Gunning and Everard were key the top Mac wrestler and the highest nat ranked mac guy and he beat them both the match with Mckiernan was also a key match as to where he would actually stand at rhe end of the year Mckiernan may not be a top 10 or 15 guy but obviously a top 30 guy with wins over Everard Black and Corbwell this year and a 21 8 record pre match with Austin and Austin winning in ot but still controlling most of match .

Another thing everyone brings up is having Cox as a partner ? Im not sure how much they wrestle and Cox has not wrestled every match this year and recovering from injury sick and somewhat burnt out this year The heavy Coach Mellon also injured leaving Austin to wrestle his numerous heavy teammates but those matches bog down into I know what you do scenarios still nice having those numbers there .

Again obviously an negative thread started soley to take some shots at kys greatest and most decorated and accomplished High school wrestler of all time but thats ok it will make that AA he eventually gets seem all the sweeter.

Coming from a state where he had the most forfeits against him in the history of the sport in that state I find it hillarious anyone from.that state would dare knock him over anything considering the cred he brought back to the state that far surpassed anyone in his time or before his record at Fargo alone sets him on top of Kys best all time and his performance at NHSCA over four years earned him the top national honor that organisation offers .

But by all means throw your stones and keep commenting on a world and weight you have no clue about the depths or dynamics of not that some on this thread know a thing at all about any weight or dynamic of in college wrestling .

Screenshot_2017-02-15-19-53-24.png

• Downvote 1

I am bummed for Hutchison. He is clearly wrestling injured. Recently lost a few close matches to guys he is clearly better than when healthy.

I don't believe anyone is knocking your boy. Most will (should) agree your son will be much improved next year. He did lose a few close matches that he will win next year. Two years at HWT, he is adjusted by now. He took the challenge well. I would bet on a decent run at NCAAs next year, if not AA.

For the record, RPI looks at strength of schedule, and your record based on that schedule. And your opponent's record.....and your opponent's opponents' record.....and.....Yeah, it involves math skills. A team/individual earns points for facing a strong opponent regardless of outcome. More points for winning, of course. So, a team/opponent could schedule all top 50 opponents, go .500 in those contests, and earn a decent RPI. 

Welcome back 

• Upvote 2

Yes I brought that up your wins and losses and your opponents wins.and.losses and their rank AND your record against them  so you couldnt wrestle all top ranked guys without a win and get a top 33 ranking but you could wrestle a weak schedule have a big winning percentage and.get ranked by coaches as many have done.

NOT SURE HUTCHINSON is hurt or not.he wrestled unlike everard and of the guys in the MAC are close and its styles vs each other that determine.some.outcomes  I think they should have had Hutchison ranked and Everard 4th in Mac if even at all he has losses and has set Hutchison has been.wrestling .I have noticed a lot of college guys sit out certain matches or do other tournaments  during their teams schedule its obviously attempts to avoid losses its a shame the polls do not take some of that into consideration although the rpi poll actaully does somewhat.Guys like Snyder and Cox who are good to.begin with and.can rest up or compete as they want have even more advantages Cox would have won all the matches he missed easily none were really ranked high Snyder on.the other hand missed multiple matches with Medberry and Walz at least once .I dont believe in the statement his comp over seas was far better than the heavier Medberry or Walz I think.he took the path most benificial to him.avoid top us comp and wrestle abroad where a loss will not matter as much and.the chance of an ncaa wrestler figuring a way of beating you is diminished and that trickeles down into.ncaas as well people ducking comp to avoid loss or a matchup at all for their comp.to.figure them out.I understand mizzou turning down nat dual bid when uni did they are all beat up but for a wrestler like Austin it would have been good he has been healthy most of the year and could use comp.

A big difference in the open tournaments this late in the year and a top teams scheduled duals the opens are full of backups and lesser ranked teams that lead to easier matches and inflated records.

"Snyder on.the other hand missed multiple matches with Medberry and Walz at least once .I dont believe in the statement his comp over seas was far better than the heavier Medberry or Walz I think.he took the path most benificial to him.avoid top us comp and wrestle abroad where a loss will not matter as much and.the chance of an ncaa "

Are you high? Snyder stepping out to represent the US at the world cup and yarygin is ducking US competition? 

• Upvote 4

Are you High ?Not high :or a jerk like you  It wasnt the world cup he wrestled at earlier this year when he missed wrestling Medberry and Walz and still lost ?why would  you say that lol your funny switching dates and all and why wrestle top comp at home when your already ranked ahead of them .when all it can do.is hurt you he obviously chose the best path for himself but not.for.his team .

Shouldnt you be somewhere hyping up your candidate for best ever cc wrestler hahahahahahahahahah

And on that note the second best evsr wrestler ever born in.CC with the 2nd or  most quality wins in HS ever by a ky wrestler did a nice job helping a Heavyweight win.a ky state title this weekend .

What a pair of studs .

Six undefeated high school seasons between two brothers.

Top that for best ever CC wrestlers .you probably cant even.find a pair of Ervins to match that .

Drop the mic.

Screenshot_2016-04-14-12-31-42.png

Screenshot_2017-02-15-19-35-54.png

Is that the ohio jr high ow trophy Stephen Myers is holding for beating Collica one of the numerous times he did so ? Why yes it is ,Dance and  Collica both lost to him in.jr high and High School No one.EVER in ky has those types of wins in.HS techs against Hamilton.a state champ.in.KY and a 14 1 win.against Reuschell who.beat Faust in.HS  and multiple wins against Cooper in HS you.might want to.rethink.your best cc wrestler ever lol 

I agree Ervins aee a huge great wrestling family but I said 6 undefeated seasons between 2 brothers and Austin would have had 5 titles in KY no sweat .not going to get into a brock vs either Myers but Stephen had higher quality wins in HS and no one.can.comlare ro Austins nat accomplishemnst 6 undefeated seasons six state titles and six All american placings at Fargo including doubles for each .

Mic drop.

• Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, Neutral said:

The Myers brothers titles together hardly matches the title output of 1 Ervin 

Really Stephen only has two state titles but has wins over Cooper Reuschell Hamilton And Dance who beat Brock to name only a few .State titles are great but outside of ky Brocks wins do not matchup to Stephens in HS  and no where near Austins wins on nat level you could win.7 state titles in.ky and still not be considered better than an Austin Myers in.HS without anywhere near the wins on.a nat level and two.brothers packing ohio jr high ows going into HS thats easily equal to 2 ky state titles sorry but one.class in ohio jr high and you walk away with an ow and had stephen been.in.ky he would have had 2 more state titles as his dominant win as a freshman of Reuschell proved .

An undefeated yr in Ohio and Ky and 1 loss in 2 orher state titles .any day anyone wants to compare any ky wrestlers HS run and wins agaisnt Stephen Stephen Myers step up you will lose and fast wins against fargo nat champs.in.HS are rare as well and Stephen has those too..

Simply name.opponent vs opponent your talking about two kids nationally ranked since grade school with Tulsa wins.and.placings arnold classic win for stephen and runner up for Austin.and well no.use in bringing up things that are above most peoples heads just bring up win.vs win and it becomes pointless to argue .

Im not sure Brock had bigger wins than Boston in HS either but thats a different argument all together Boston had some great wins but I probably wouldnt rank him or Stephen over Brock just because Brock did get the 5 and repped at a decent nat level .

Brock and Boston both never had success in fr gr and fausz with some success in fila never did anything of note at Fargo he might have AA once there im not sure .

As for ky matches and  dominance the only 2 greco AAs ever from ky wrestled in state finals in 2015  and ky people saying the class was weak thats how knowledgable some.posters are on this forum .

The national title output of all the Ervins combined does not match 1 of the Myers . The national title output of the whole state ever does not match one of the Myers .The Fargo AA count of the whole state does not equal that of two Brothers or come close .end of debate 

ULTIMATE MIC DROP

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Achilles said:

The national title output of all the Ervins combined does not match 1 of the Myers . The national title output of the whole state ever does not match one of the Myers .The Fargo AA count of the whole state does not equal that of two Brothers or come close .end of debate 

ULTIMATE MIC DROP

Just thought that was worth drilling into some thick heads .

And the crowd goes silent befofe a rush of panic laden posts trying to once again beat down the greatest pair of HS wrestlers in KY history lol 

Just now, Achilles said:

And the crowd goes silent befofe a rush of panic laden posts trying to once again beat down the greatest pair of HS wrestlers in KY history lol 

The coopers might also have something to say. 

• Upvote 2

Like what ? I mentioned them as a great family of wrestlers but Kevin who.probably did the most outside of ky lost to Stephen twice their sr yr and did not do sr or jr nat but was a decent fr gr guy although I do not think he got.to AA I will say I think.Fahy got robbed one.year at fargo but still was never an AA once let alone a double or 2x AA .

Austin as a jr in HS not wrestling a single fr gr match in over 2 yrs walked into central.regionals and walked out a double OW winner .that alone would make.him.the best ky High School wrestler ever he out perfotmed guys like Freddy stroker and others get real once again you people have no true grasp of what is what in the sport the kid even stunned me and bumping up for Fargo his sr yr and doing what he did another performance that alone would make him top dog ever .

Once again.MIC drop 

• Downvote 1

To be honest I could weigh every title and win the Myers have won since they were six through HS  against that of the whole.state and the scales would tip in their favor its a brutal sport and the facts are brutal as well dont hate the players hate the game.or yourselves for not going the extra mile or being the one to recognise what it takes .

And Brock with 5 wins and all was no where near as dominant in state as Austin I personally saw him give up reversals and tds to in state wrestlers in a single tournament  no one can say that about Austin in his whole time wrestling in ky and I will be waiting a looooong time.to.hear different.And for Austin to dominate as a fr in an upper weight like that is beyond compare for any ky wrestler .You will never see anyone like him again in ky not even close .

Certainly no.Ohio freshman could.have ever dreamed of teching him.as a sr of course no ohio wrestler ever beat him at all in.High School.

Yep thems the breaks but guess what he beat a coaches and rpi ranked wrestler 3 days later and unlike every other ky D1 wrestler he is ranked in.rhe RPI and has not missed a single match on.his teams starting schedule this year from first dual to last RUNS FROM NO ONE AND DOESNT BREAK.

Maybe next time hes sick or under the weather or up against tough comp  he will go to a lesser meet or dual   or just set out a couple weeks but obviously hes made of different stuff .smart sending the 197 even if he stalled his but of since Austin.Beat Everard 12 to 4 and Isley 6 to 0 .lol

Do you not understand any and all negativity on this site towards you you bring on yourself how many times have you listed your boys accomplishments we get it lol they are respected by the Kentucky wrestling community wildcat but your psychotic endless rants and need for attention is what brings the negativity and that is a shame because when your sons are brought up in conversations of best wrestlers this state has ever seen the convo shouldnt include anything about dad constantly getting kicked off of wrestling sites or how he acted after Stephen lost but thats not the case because you simpley can't sit back and let Austin and Stephen get the respect they deserve it has to be about you and what "you" created when in fact they earned everything they ever accomplished..

• Upvote 3

I predict many more matches against UNI guys Austin has beaten Isley in.Fargo and in.College and beaten.Everard who he may see again.one more time .

2 minutes ago, tja said:

Do you not understand any and all negativity on this site towards you you bring on yourself how many times have you listed your boys accomplishments we get it lol they are respected by the Kentucky wrestling community wildcat but your psychotic endless rants and need for attention is what brings the negativity and that is a shame because when your sons are brought up in conversations of best wrestlers this state has ever seen the convo shouldnt include anything about dad constantly getting kicked off of wrestling sites or how he acted after Stephen lost but thats not the case because you simpley can't sit back and let Austin and Stephen get the respect they deserve it has to be about you and what "you" created wgen in fact they earned everything they ever accomplished..

What Wildcat ? lol I think you need to look at the constant posts and harrasment thrown.at two brothers even when no one is posting about their past or presenr deeds it seems.no one.caree  when.they are being bashed so.those same.people should not care when.they are being defended or hypoed .

Idiots calling people bullies and blasting a good college wrestler discussing his weight or failure  before I even.posted .if your going to.throw stones or let people throw stones at kids who have guns.dont.be mad if people get shot down.

Obviously few  choose to defend a good kid so anyone listening in should read it all and not take to much to heart and understand its a mudslinging affair and if your not one.throwing mud I wouldnt take a word of it to heart even though its facts take it how you want to .

8 minutes ago, tja said:

And wildcat you are a chump to for constantly starting threads based off of Austins losses..

Thats all you had to say .